:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Grand Theft Auto 5 Announced!

grand-theft-auto-5-logo.jpg

'Leaked' list of characters in the game + References to a modern-day Los Angeles-like city surrounded by "wilderness" + the Grove St.-green "V" = San Andreas / Los Santos in the latest GTA engine?

Crossing my fingers. :D

Funny how a lot of people from other sites like CVG.com suggested Rockstar may just implement a real city for the first time, which will be Los Angeles, while not having thought about Los Angeles' GTA counterpart, Los Santos.

I just read it on the Dutch GTA Community, I cant wait for the trailer.

With the pattern in the V and that banner saying "five" (does that thing have a special name?) over it I agree with others that it reminds a lot of a bank note, but what could that mean regaring the content of the game?

It might be interesting to know more about that banner-thingie, maybe it's been mainly used in a certain time.

Trailer coming Nov 2, 2011

Why do Americans make it so hard with the dates? Instead of just going from the smallest to the biggest unit, meaning day -> month -> year you somehow squeeze the day in between of the other two :huh: . What's so wrong about noting that date as 02.11.11 or 02.11.2011 or 2nd November 2011 or 2nd Nov 2011?

I thought it's Brits too? I have no difficulty with either; November 2nd is as easy as 2nd of November

Sure, but 11.02.11 confuses me. In this case yoo know it's not the 11th February 2011, but there are other cases in that one could mix it up.

It ain't exclusively American. We also have this kind of date system here. Though, personally, I prefer placing the day before the month.

GTA IV sucked, the new one will too. Bring me back to the old times when you could install a game without having to sign up for online multiplayer if you have no interest in that sort of thing.

Edited by Your_Bitter_Enemy

Guess you can't read.

Why do I have to sign up for multiplayer bulls**t when I don't care about that kind of thing? No. Rockstar literally made it MANDATORY to sign up for their s**tty multiplayer club just to even install it.

That is bulls**t. Remember when you could install a GTA game regardless of your status to the internet?

GTA IV was hype. All graphics with none of the fun. Boooooooooooooring. But I forgot, everyone on this forum is so easily pleased and takes the greatest of offense when someone happens to disagree.

Edited by Your_Bitter_Enemy

Jesus, man. You're telling me I'm getting offended by the smallest things (which I'm not), yet you seem pretty mad. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you should form an angry mob.

Plus, going on my profile raging about how I'm autistic? Seriously, how old are you?

Considering the fact that you're rabidly monitoring this thread eagerly awaiting for my next beautifully crafted reply, I wouldn't be the one laughing. Or do laugh. It's your choice. Hell if I care.

Plus you might want to reevaluate your grasp on the concept of time.

Edited by ELBdelorean

Actually according to the post times, it was 3 minutes :P

Anyways I wasn't really a fan of GTA 4, I can't say anything about GTA 5 as I never seen or tried it. I was hoping GTA 5 had a Florida type theme like Vice City, but bigger map or more improvements.

Meh, I was never a big fan of Vice City. Maybe it's because I already live in Florida and get enough of it. I really hope it takes place in San Andreas or an area as large as it.

Stop spamming with autism, it might hurt people who hate the fact that they have it!

Back on topic: perhaps FIVE as in 5 diff. main characters? Would love san andreas! :D!

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

I hope it doesn't switch between protagonists; I never liked when games did that.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to be offensive. Big Boy over there tried to use it as an insult against me after I disagreed with him.

As far as rumors go it looks like it will be set in the SA region (apply salt where needed).

As for the troll who keeps trolling who cares, iqnore him/her they'll go away eventually.

When I made use of that GTA complete collection offer on Steam last weekend I felt like installing GTA IV, though I knew my laptop couldn't handle it, just for the fun of seeing what the Steam version acts like.

Instead of just using the Steam cloud, which is e.g. meant to synchronize saved games between computers, it had to additionally install me Games for Windows Live for that purpose.

And then followed the Rockstar Games Social Club, whatever that is for (if it is browsing servers, messaging and sharing screenshots: That is what Steam is meant for).

Finally Steam showed me a window telling me the product key I need to enter ingame - doesn't Rockstar Games trust Valve enough in that Steam is well enough developed to provide working licensing control?

Well, like I said initially my laptop in the end did indeed refuse to run it properly, most likely because the game is - as Rockstar Games said - developed for future hardware. Otherwise you couldn't run it on high settings.

From a technical viewpoint I can only agree with Your_Bitter_Enemy and say that the game sucks. I can't tell about the actual content of the game though.

But let's see what the future brings us. Maybe GTA V is about an extended San Andreas with Vice City and Liberty City in it so that it contains 5 cities ;).

Sign in to follow this