:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Data

Controls

Don't ask any questions about controls, they are all displayed in the tutorial mission.

All nice and dandy, except the game is buggy and unstable for me. It crashes often. I haven't succeeded even once to get past the tutorial mission, and all the repetitive retries are bugging me.

My computer should be capable of running the game, and yet the game crashes at random times. I'm driving the Delorean and all of the sudden all the controls freeze up, the picture freezes although the audio continues playing.

An accurate list of all the controls (specifically, how/if you can open/close the door on Doc's truck) would be handy to have. Or at the very least a few pointers on how to make the game more stable.

Is there anyone out there suffering from similar problems? Have I got my set up wrong? If so, how should I go about fixing my VC-BTTF-HV?

Edited by Data

We all get the random crashes, VC is unstable.

specifically, how/if you can open/close the door on Doc's truck

You can't open it in 0.2e.

We all get the random crashes, VC is unstable.

... why aren't you guys mad yet?

You can't open it in 0.2e.

I'm going to ignore what you just said, since it MUST be a lie. The truck is there, so it MUST be openable. I SHALL OPEN IT!

:D:P

Well, some if not most of us are.

VC is just too unstable when modded too much, lets hope GTA IV can be modded and is stable.

I'm going to ignore what you just said, since it MUST be a lie. The truck is there, so it MUST be openable. I SHALL OPEN IT!

:D:P

I am mad, I had to stop playing it! :(

...and No! Docs truck is definatly not openable, the coding team hit problems with it, and it became really buggy, put it this way If you could open doc's truck you wouldn't be able to play the game at all, cause it would be way too buggy

I don't know why there are so many people complaining about the crashes and bugs. I haven't had one crash yet. I can even run it at school with no crashes and the school pc's are under the minimun requirements just to run VC.

Actually, the game only crashes when I cause it to crash :D

Crashes became (luckily) a rarity to me. I can even put up/down the hook in downtown...

@Data:

Arghhh, I hate those people that don't do what a file tells them to do... There's a "Readme.txt", this means you should read it :angry: In there is written any actual control you should know about...

Actually, the game only crashes when I cause it to crash :D

Crashes became (luckily) a rarity to me. I can even put up/down the hook in downtown...

How?? It always crashes on me whenever I try that..Though funny thing...It worked for me before. How did YOU get it working?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I am kinda new..

@Data:

Arghhh, I hate those people that don't do what a file tells them to do... There's a "Readme.txt", this means you should read it :angry: In there is written any actual control you should know about...

Actually, I have read that file. However, I was under the impression that Doc's Truck could be opened, but the readme did not specify any controls I needed to press to open it, so I thought it was obscured, hidden in the tutorial.

Well, not erased from existance, just erased from 0.2e :P It should be in 0.2f if they get it working smoothly in time, but this'll only make the game more unstable :( If only... :rolleyes:

As I understood it, there were no problems with opening/closing the truck. But there were problems if there should be a DeLorean (or any other car) in it while opening/closing it.

When opening the back door the code deletes the old truck, puts the one with the opened back at the old ones place, plays the animation and puts the car that was in the old truck back in the new truck. That's the theory... But in the praxis the game cannot put the car inside the truck and puts it instead onto the truck.

That's how I understood it, but I dunno if it's correct.

Yes that is what happened, but I could not be arsed explaining it :lol: Mainly incase I missed something and ppl threw a p!ssyfit saying I was wrong, which usually happens XD

As I understood it, there were no problems with opening/closing the truck. But there were problems if there should be a DeLorean (or any other car) in it while opening/closing it.

When opening the back door the code deletes the old truck, puts the one with the opened back at the old ones place, plays the animation and puts the car that was in the old truck back in the new truck. That's the theory... But in the praxis the game cannot put the car inside the truck and puts it instead onto the truck.

That's how I understood it, but I dunno if it's correct.

Almost.......

I just looked at the code and thought, that I could create a code that opens the truck's backdoor (changing its model) basing on the one that switches between driving and flying of the 2015 police car.

There is no animation, you only see the back opened/closed when pressing <Look/turret left/right> (basically NUM4 and NUM5).

@The Team:

May I pass that code to the guys that made the (unofficial) Fanmade Addon?

(I posted it in here 'cause it belongs at least a bit to the topic)

other than random crashes one major problem I have is still getting the hook up. I've installed every update (except for the fan-made add ons) and the hook only worked once. After that time it started to crash everytime I put the hook up.

As for the random crashes it may be that I don't have enough video memory, although it is 256mb

I think it's not about you're memory, it's about you're VC. Try to figure out what you have put in lately. OTHER than this mod's update.

HJS, 256mb video memory is fine. How much ram memory do you have?