Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Orgcon

Anti-matter chopsticks..

The first particles of hydrogen antimatter have been succesfully captured by the hadron collider.

The capture of antimatter

How does anti-hydrogen burn? Backwards I'm guessing :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

All we need now is a warp reactor and some dilithium crystals. Since anti-hydrogen is technically anti-matter. ;)

Make it so.

The joke is ...Kryton is holding Antimatter chopsticks in the pic Mike posted! How did you not get that? :huh:

hey um I don't understand. what is antimatter and what does it do? can some one explain that to me.

Ugh ! For the love of all thats decent and holy. The title of his post was "anti-matter chopsticks". This refers to an episode of "Red Dwarf", where the guys boarded a ship where a "being", called legion lived. He had some anti-matter chopsticks for them to use at dinner. They didn't know how to use them and hijinks insued, LOL.

no dude I get the joke, but I don't understand the difference between antimatter and matter. can some one please explain that.

If you read the article in the link I posted you might understand. Then again I doubt it, because you have to think 4th dimentionally to really understand it. No one knows why antimatter exists, its one of the conundrums of modern day phyisics.

Matter and Antimatter occupy the same point in space, but are separated by some quantum mechanical force that states they shall never collide. All that is known is, if the 2 atoms of matter and antimatter were to meet, both would be instantly destroyed. ;)

Some say that the Antimatter universe existed before ours, something bad happened and the two sets of matter collided, creating the Big Bang. I wonder if history is repeating itself :P

well all matter would have destroyed by ant-matter because they were in equal amounts colliding at the begining of the universe but thanks to anti matters unstabilty matter won out. so if a anti-matter universe existed before this one it would have eventually fissiled itself out.

New evidence is pointing towards the fact that there was no big bang, the idea of "everything from nothing" doesn't fit in with the fundamental law of physics "Cause and Effect".

So where did all the matter in the universe come from?

the big bang could still have happened but instead of creating something from nothing all it did was respread out the dense amount of matter which would have possibly been compacted after the death of the previous universe. see still a big bang but a better way of explaining it.

The big bang could still have happened but instead of creating something from nothing all it did was respread out the dense amount of matter which would have possibly been compacted after the death of the previous universe. see still a big bang but a better way of explaining it.

Well its one way of explaining it, but there are many ideas of where all the matter in the universe came from.

Some ideas are plausable while others are rediculas. But hey, thats mathematics for you. I'm not going into detail about what these alternative ideas are, it'd take me a week to make sense of them all, nevermind write them all out in a way that Mr. Kocher understands ;)

The way Grim suggested, is the most popular amoung the physics community because its the simplest, but it also doesn't answer all the BIG questions "Where did the previous Universe come from?" for instance. Its like "What came first the chicken or the egg?" We could be here for weeks.

*Yes I am fully aware the egg came first, but that is not the point here* B)

Edited by Orgcon

@ Orcgon, weeeell I'm not to into all the theories out there nor the studies of science. I bet if I really wanted to I could learn. The only thing I don't understand is nothing coming from nothing. Forgive me for being religious, but there has to be a creator of some sort. Think about it, for what purpose does it serve to have everything exsist?

Who created the creator, it serves no purpose for them to exist from out of nothing.

...Your logic ;)

*Anyway its a forum rule that religious arguments in a scientific dissussion are not aloud, and vise versa. As it causes too many fights*

Edited by Orgcon

My mind can not operate on that scale. I can only think up to universe-after-universe ideas, but what happened before the first universe is beyond me.

Sign in to follow this