Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kocher

Split from my add-on Package for Back to the Future Hill Valley 0.2e

sorry, but I won't do that since that will all be part of 0.2f as you can see in the video section. I won't make anything Liam has worked on or IS working on.

@Dave27 have you clicked "Rebuild Archive" in the IMGTool? I guess that will fit it.

Well the thing is , I asked mike in a session of the I.M. chat for windows live, and he told me two things that suprised me, One: The 1955 Down Town area looks exactly the same as it did a year ago.Two:They are hardly even working on it, because of real life. So adding simple colors to the 1955 Down Town for 0.2e wouldn't be unreasonable. Btw I asked him this question like 2 months ago, so it's most likely still true. Besides why do you think there hasn't been an update in such a long ass time?

Maybe they are still working on other eras of town square?

nah, I was also told that for 0.2f that was that the only thing they were gonna work on, the 1955 era.

they maybe also working with adding more hill valley in 1955 not just the town square but i doubt it

Dude I would bet 200 dollars (if I had that kind of money), that they won't finish it until 2012, if not at all. It really shouldn't take this long for it to be finished, their videos have been saying coming soon for almost two years now, and I know it takes time to make good quality models, but not a whole two years. I mean seriously, if they don't want to work on the mod any more, all they have to do is just release what at least has been done and cancel the rest of it, rather then just keeping us waiting. Think about it, why do you think they never put a release date on the mods, I believe the reason mainly is because they all knew that they wouldn't stay commited enough to try to get it done, and hide these feelings by saying the same excuse every time," There is never a release date on the mod because people hold us to those dates". Since it's been an extremely long time since all the fans have at least gotten an update, I have lost all faith in 0.2f. I think it's best that the people who actually care about the mod keep making add ons to the point where it becomes even better than 0.2f. Because the chances are 0.2f is a secretly canceled mod.

P.S. - I hope no one is offended or mad at me, for expressing my feelings towards the 0.2f situation.

You go build a whole town with one modeler. That's the f***ing truth. One guy modeling a whole f***ing town. That's why 2 years and still nothing. You want it to speed up. learn to model. And than help the team. It takes like a whole month to build one building, because he can't model 12/7.

Exactly as Archer said. We aren't a bunch of geeks who live in the basement of our parents wasting our lives away on this mod. We do have other matters to attend to: like jobs, girlfriends, shopping etc.. And sometimes things come up that we need personal time to fix. Such as the divorce I'm going through. So yea, ONE GUY IS WORKING ON THE WHOLE SQUARE!!! And if we had announced a release date, people would be f***ing p**sed because the next release wasn't ready. We won't announce a release date until WE ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE IT WILL BE READY BY THAT TIME!!! Keep b**ching and we could just say "f**k IT" and never ever touch this mod again. The attention to detail on these models are amazing and Liam is modeling them AND texturing them. I can safely say that not ONE of his models came with a texture count BELOW 50 textures. So far the most I have seen is well over 100 textures for a single model. So shut up or GTFO!!

It takes like a whole month to build one building, because he can't model 12/7.
Or let's better say 24/7. I mean, some people seem to think you all work all day every day on the mod.

Such as the divorce I'm going through.
DK, are you kidding?

The attention to detail on these models are amazing and Liam is modeling them AND texturing them. I can safely say that not ONE of his models came with a texture count BELOW 50 textures. So far the most I have seen is well over 100 textures for a single model.
Man, if I would have such a good modeling/texturing skill as Liam I would join the team and help him. But hey, I even haven't finished school yet and before I haven't finished school I'll force my learning on school matters. And at the moment there's only one sure thing I'll do after school: I'll finally make my driving license.

@Kocher, way to p**s off the team :thumbs:

0.2f WILL be finished, it may not be for another two years, but it will be finished. It's a fact not an excuse that the new HV square models do take a hell of a long time to model, there is no getting away from that fact, we're going for accuracy here, they aren't just some basic models thrown together like some of the add-on's here (no offense), and as such take a greater amount of time to model.

If you actually knew what other things are being worked on for 0.2f, you'd s**t your pants!

We would never take the decision to release 0.2f in it's current form, it is still very much in the development stage, and a quick look at the bug tracker for 0.2f reveals over 40+ bugs which need to be fixed.

As for updates, no there aren't any new videos, there will be one when there is something substantial to show, such as another completed street of HV - all future videos will be amended to have release date tba rather than coming soon. It should also be noted that we generally don't like to post work in progress pics, which is why you only ever seem images of completed work. However, even finished work you guys generally won't see for 3-4 months until after it has been completed, we like to give our IFT members some perks, and one of those perks is that they get to see newly completed work way before anyone else.

By all means though, if you think you can produce something of better quality than we are working on, you keep working on you add-on's.

Thanks,

A very annoyed Mike

PS, CJ, sorry for hi-jacking your thread, will clean this crap up from the topic a little later.

Just a quick off-topic response:

Mike, we really need to remark that issue when doing the interview, it's one of the main feelings of the community nowadays.

No wait, I wanna give a response. @Mike, Thanks Mike for giving a civilized response to my statements rather than getting completely offended by it and cursing at me,like I said, I didn't want to offend any one by what I said. @The Entire Mod Team I'm sorry for annoying and p**sing you guys off, I was only giving me thoughts on what I was told(The Court House Square being the same for a year, etc.). My views towards the situation have been changed quite a lot because of what Mike told me. Here is my response to what Mike had also said to me: No, I know for a fact I could never compete with Liam and the Dragon King's work. I don't know if the Dragon King can recall this or not but, there was a time when I offered to help if they could teach me how to code or model so I can help out with some of the small stuff and then I was given sort of a rude response(or at least that's what I would consider it a rude one), so I have offered, but was rejected. So once again though, I apologize for this misunderstanding, I hope you guys are willing to forgive me.

Thank you.

Cause for one you need to learn your self its easy, was easy when I started you saw my work :P You just need 3ds dude :P Thats why they said that plus you can't teach online its hard, not to rude :P

DK, are you kidding?

no

@ Mr Crotcher (yes that is my nickname for you now), whether you didn't mean to offend or not, by calling us out and plain as day saying we are pussies who don't want to admit that the mod is cancelled really p**sed me off. Especially after countless times of telling people it's taking time to complete these models. But yet again, impatient morons such as yourself can't seem to comprehend that and continuously bug the s**t out of me by accusing us of not "doing our job". Give us a f***ing paycheck and we may get it out to you sooner.

Im sorry kocher :(

Edited by TheCoolest2

@CJ: Your addon sounds great, I just haven't taken the time to try it out yet...

In Response to the OFF TOPIC Stuff: This whole coding/modeling thing is alot harder than it sounds... I'm working on something just for the fun of it, and I can tell you it's a pain. So I myself understand why 0.2f is taking so long. The mod team wants it to be as perfect as possible. And from what I've seen of the videos, 0.2f looks bad A** and I don't mind waiting another year or two for it. Heck, that just gives me time to work on my skills. lol. So to all of those who keep complaining about 0.2f STFU, I mean, really. Go obsess over another mod, like Knight Rider or something. There are plenty of other great mods for VC and SA to satisfy nearly everyone. I say nearly, b/c no one has yet to make an accurate model of Christine, the Plymouth Fury, lol anyways, I'm out.

@ DK I never said you were pussies, I already said sorry for my misunderstanding, not much else I could do.

I would be willing to pay a bit to contribute(If I knew how), maybe about 5 dollars a month, but then again I wouldn't wanna be the only one to pay, but I'm sure if 1000 ppl did it it would defenetly add up. Btw I would really appreciate if you didn't call me "Your Nick Name", because I will just feed you your own medicine, and yes I would of said crap instead of medicine, but I didn't want to offend you. I could just give you a nick name such as "Faget King", only if you continue with the "Mr. Crocher name".

I would be willing to pay a bit to contribute(If I knew how), maybe about 5 dollars a month, but then again I wouldn't wanna be the only one to pay, but I'm sure if 1000 ppl did it it would defenetly add up.

The IFT package we have setup is a members way of contributing, available via My Controls - Purchase Paid Subscriptions, with payment available via PayPal.

Ok sales pitch over.

IFT is your friend.

EDIT: Oh, too late.

Edited by RG

I've just checked out that IFT package and it would seem that its cheaper to get in dollars than pounds even though theres more dollars to the pound. I think you've got the exchange rate the wrong way round. (Soz for spoiling this for anyone thats currently exploiting this c*ckup) $1.50 isn't £2.26 its actually 96p according to yahoo finance.

Unless of course your trying to encourage more americans to the site

That's always been wrong, need to look into fixing it. If you do it in dollars PayPal will convert it for you anyway.

I'm gonna become an IFT Investor looks intresting, BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be bad only in case if most of them are idiots and start showing to everyone stuff only IFTs get?