Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Member Cleanup Recommendations

Ok, so this morning I've been busy clearing out a lot of unused accounts from the forum. I've deleted over 800 inactive accounts, however there are still many accounts left on the forum, where members have made posts but have not visited the site in a long time.

So I'm throwing this out here for suggestions/recommendations on what to do with inactive accounts.

With the 800+ I deleted, I used a metric of: Less than 5 posts - Last visited date Dec 31 2009

Does anyone else have a good measure on what can be used to enable us to delete further inactive accounts?

I don't want to delete the lot, I just want to delete inactive accounts. As Mini-Me would say, to run a tidy forum.

check the ip addresses and emails on my forum i had someone regesiter 10 accounts through 1 server i deleted them all and blocked the ip.

I say you should mention that "annoying" members do not qualify, since the term is different for different people.

As Mini-Me would say, to run a tidy forum.

:)

646 registered members with more than five posts or that were here in the past 5 months is a lot to my mind...

Maybe an system that poeple need to sign-in every 30 days, if they dont, they whill get an mail that they need to sign-in to keep there account. Then if they do this with-in 10 days there account whill be deleted.

but then we need a button that sets accounts to vacation mode if we plan on leaving for longer then 30 days

by the way don't quote the post above yours

Edited by Rave

Just delete anyone who hasn't been here for more than 3 months, no matter how many posts.

But that would mean deleting the likes of DELB, Nokiaman etc etc, I don't want to delete those guys.

Yeah, and I wouldn't want to be deleted... I get one when I can anymore, but I can't guarantee being here every 3 months just to stay active.

Maybe you could delete people who break more than 5 rules? (I think it's barely possible though)

So, delete all those more-than-3-months-inactive guys and you'll have a perfectly clean forum with 50 active members, not to count mods ><

or delete people who havent been active in the past 3 months and are not an advacned member, but email thenm first warning them that if they don't log on within 3 days their account will be deleted.

Well you won't delete me right mike? ;). I know I'm not online as much as i used to but ocasionally I check this forum to see the updates.

if its following my guidelines then no because your an advanced member. plus mike knows why some people wont come online they find nothing to do.

That's the main reason why i quit, lol.

You could always redo the sounds for the SA mod if you fancied, they are way too loud atm.

Mini-Me converted it to Cleo 4 and made all the sounds 3D which meant they weren't as loud, or are you not planning on keeping it in cleo 4? :huh:

Incorrect, he tried that with the Knight Rider Mini-Mod for VC.

SA is still fully Cleo3

Sign in to follow this