Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Morning Operator

Let's Talk about the Half-Life series

Who actually cares that much? Just let us shoot a hole through the hull of the ship and make it go ka-boom.

I don't think it would be that easy. I think we need to destroy the "teleport Device" to shut it down. And I think there must be defense on the ship to profied that to happen. Don't ya think?

Well, DUH! First it will be full of Portal turrets, then it will be swarmed by the Xen fauna, third it will be attacked by the combine, fourth there will probably be a small Artificially inteligent Machine, that has gone mad because of the loneliness.

So I figure it will be, DAMN.

It has some guns, turrets and an airplane crane on board. Is it a flight carrier :huh:? Damn that ship is well gunned! It looks more like a Battle ship to me :P

Aperture Science is more than just teleportation technology. Energy orbs that can power up advanced technology or vaporize objects and people, neurotoxins, turrets that can think, aim and shoot by their own, advanced AI, portable portal technology that works like a gun -- you can pretty much tell these guys, like Black Mesa, work for the military and Sector 7-like divisions of the government or something like that.

Well that's weird. Why would 2 employees of black mesa pose infront of the Borealis?

They're there to emphasize the rivalry between the two companies. Notice that those scientists look as though they were just pasted there?

I agree with about iMaster saying it's all just a "game of chess" for G-Man. He might be playing for the sake of defeating a dangerous foe, thus he needs to, or he just wants to play.

Oh cool I really would like too see the turrets again:

Come out, I won't hurt you.
Where are you?
AAHHHHH!

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that would be a terrible idea. The turrets should remain only in the Portal series. Like I've said, making more unnecessary crossovers like adding the turrets from Portal would screw up the game. The only HL2-Portal crossovers (when I said crossover, I meant game-wise) I would want to see in EP3 are the Borealis and the A.S. portal technology. Everything else from Portal would be considered unnecessary.

If you wanna see the turrets again, wait for Portal 2. ;) Which brings up another in-HL universe discussion, if you guys want it.

It is inevitable that the turrets would be there, remember, those were designed for defense, therefore in case of intrusion, similiar units will spill out across the ship.

I agree that there might be turrets in the ship, some broken ones and some still-working ones, but not the same type as the ones in Portal.

I only said: I would love to see them :P

I know, just saying. :P

Maybe not, maybe newer versions. Since the excident with the Borealis happened excally after the portalgun testing. Ore weren't they(in the time line not the game producing)

Or there would be turrets like this:Ceiling_turret.jpg

This one in particular is from the Combine, but ohwell, you'll probably see the point.

Or the rocket sentry turret.

Rocket_Sentry.jpg

Probably not afterall because GLaDOS used them(the eye)

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

I think that first: Boreallis turrets will be mute, some will be disabled and mostly they will be mounted, because using the Gravity Gun against them seems... too familiar, don't you think? :P

Now you guys have got me wanting to play the original Half Life 2 again (although with the Alyx nude patch this time). :mf_dribble:

Damn you, Damn you all to Xen...

Edited by Joe Statler

Well, all I got to say about that is: Your a really dirty boy <_<.

But about my point, would there be a loose turret on a moving ship anyway, I don't think so, it would fall on it sight all the time, don't ya think?

NO. FLIPPING. WAY! :w00tdance:

EDIT: Some s**tter bought the EndOfAHero domain. The domain name could mean it's the end of Gordon. Or at least his HEV suit.

Edited by iMaster

NO. FLIPPING. WAY! :w00tdance:

EDIT: Some s**tter bought the EndOfAHero domain. The domain name could mean it's the end of Gordon. Or at least his HEV suit.

yeah, it's fake. The real Gabe doesn't have twitter account. I was so anxious... they should hang this kind of people.

Edited by yoyole

Haha, bought me.

Sign in to follow this