:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Morning Operator

Let's Talk about the Half-Life series

Which was implied as being Breen.

Remember the Green army guy from Half-Life Oppossing Force? Where has he gone? Somewhere G-man wanted him. Oh and Barny Calhoun, he's an employer too, accoring to the G-man in Half-Life Blue Shift. Maybe The G-man is the leader of the resistence. What ya think?

I doubt what both of you guys (iPro and EMO) said is true about G-Man's "employers".

Doctor Breen was the administrator of Black Mesa. The HL team made him so to clear it up that G-Man isn't Black Mesa's administrator, thus adding more to the mystery of G-Man's identity. If Breen was one of the employers, why did G-Man released Gordon and wanted him to begin his campaign against the Combine in the first place?

It was also noted that the employers (before the incident) once said that Alyx was just "a mere child" and "of no practical use to anyone", but G-Man insisted to make her an asset. If Barney or Breen was one of the employers, one of them would have a very negative/antagonistic view over Alyx in the HL2 series.

Remember the Green army guy from Half-Life Oppossing Force? Where has he gone? Somewhere G-man wanted him.

If you're referring to Adrian Shepherd, the protagonist, he was supposed to be get rid of as what his employer/s wanted, but G-Man instead spared his life but detained him in a place where "he could do no possible harm" and "no harm could come to him." to be followed by the closing titles "Subject Shepherd. Status Detained. Further evaluation pending." This simply suggests Adrian is neither an employer or an "employee" of G-Man.

If G-Man IS Gordon, then it is only logical that he would help his other self defeat the combine.

Breen appears in G-man's monologue, when the latter mentions his employers, also, what did Eli have to do with G-Man? There are lots of questions about this particular character.

Well, G-man was on the Black Mesa Employee photo, even as docter Kleiner. And considering him sitting in the main hall of Black Mesa in EP3. That's probably the place where Eli met him too. Wouldn't it?

You keep misunderstanding me. I mean what was that Eli meant to tell Gordon before his death?

Well, back to the Barney thing that EMO said. G-Man didn't show up at all in Blue Shift. Well, at least not directly like in Opposing Force and Original HL.

But, if G-Man was Gordon or a duplicate and was trying to help Gordon stop the Combine.. Then why would the G-Man deliver the sample to Black Mesa which enabled the Combine to get to the Earth in the first place? If he were truly trying to help Gordon get rid of the combine, then this is all a game to G-Man. But if it were a game, then G-man wouldn't be trying to save lives and help people in the first place. Seeing as how G-Man is capable of mercy (EX: Opposing Force) it almost makes him human. And seeing how he saved Alyx's life from the nuke at Black Mesa, I don't see why G-Man would be playing a game at all.

Now down to Eli. Well, G-Man delivered the specimen to Black Mesa but Eli just happened to be the person that the specimen was delivered to and the person that G-Man said this: "Prepare for Unforeseen Consequences."

But, if G-Man was Gordon or a duplicate and was trying to help Gordon stop the Combine.. Then why would the G-Man deliver the sample to Black Mesa which enabled the Combine to get to the Earth in the first place?

A game, possibly, or a plot to defeat the Combine (could be true that G-Man is the future version of Gordon, or is a member of an alien race under the rule of the Combine who, like the humans, are making a rebellion/resistance against them), or a plot to change history (G-Man is some dude from the future who tries to change the course of time).

True that it was G-Man's fault to bring Xen creatures and the Combine to Earth by bringing that sample to them, but what really happened in the end of all of it before the Combine rule? Black Mesa was nuked. It might have been a part of a clever plot by G-Man and his "employers". There might be something in the facility that they want to get rid of or they don't want the Combine to get their hands on.

Well, either way, it's really a cool thing to have G-Man around as a mysterious plot-driving character in the series. I want G-Man remaining in series as a mysterious character until it is the right time to reveal it all.

I thought that the Black Ops planted the nuke so they could just kill off everything and not deal with it again. In Opposing Force, if I remember correctly, you had to disarm the nuke. But then G-Man re-armed it.

Also, keep in mind that if G-Man actually was Gordon then he wouldn't talk at all. And if WERE truly Gordon, then why would he put Gordon into Stasis every now and then? Why doesn't he let himself (O.o) just finish the job?

If you wanted to see the future and only be around when the world needs you, would you put yourself into a stasis? Heroes need to be... fresh.

Also, perhaps the BM Incident would still help the world advance, but at the cost of the invasion. We don't really know, and I doubt that anyone except for the story editor knows the truth.

Hmm, yeah so let's ask him :P Lol no, he won't awnser I think XD. Ok next mysterie, what about docter Mossman is she still alive? Or what about the "backupp" lanching place they talk about in EP2? Does it really excist? Does it take part in EP3?

Leave your comments ;)

Borealis, and I think that if Mossman is dead, she will still play a crucial part in the storyline, by just... lets say leaving notes.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Combine are only capable of trans-dimensional teleportations? None of their technology so far demonstrated the kind of teleportation the Black Mesa and Aperture Science guys were able to achieve.

It might be true that G-Man doesn't want the Combine to find the technology and use it themselves for the quest for universal domination. I do remember reading such a thing somewhere in the net, just can't remember where it really is.

Because if he does, his employers will fire him, and his little G-Kids will be starving.

No for both, that's for sure. But, like the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, there was a portal technology in there.

The Borealis is another plot driver we can take note. Remember in EP2, when Dr. Kleiner and Eli decoded stuff about the Borealis, a rift opened between the two scientists. The two later argued whether to use the technology or get rid of it, knowing it would be a useful tool for the Resistance against the Combine, and at the same time a threat as it would possibly start another Seven Hour War or another "Black Mesa incident".

This somehow supports the whole Combine-not-being-able-to-teleport-within-a-universe thing.

The Borealis is planned to make an appearance in EP3. Hopefully, it will. Here's a concept art of the Borealis with the Advisors from EP3:

Borealis_Advisors.jpg

I like the whole HL2-Portal crossover, but I hope they don't "cross them over" too much, like having the Portal Gun or GLaDOS or GLaDOS-like AI or Chell in EP3.

Maybe it will be... GLaDOS lite?

And I think it will not be a hand held device, more of a cannon though, or a navigational portal streamer.

It could also be possible that G-Man is responsible for the Borealis incident, too.

Funny (and interesting) that Eli, who is against the whole idea of using Aperture Science's portal technology, was warned by G-Man with the words "prepare for unforeseen consequences" then later died in the end of EP2. Do you guys think this is all somehow linked to G-Man? If they are, then it might be another part of G-Man's plot or "game", that he wanted the Resistance to find the technology for their own advantage.

I agree with that theory Could be true ;) Good one ;)

Well about the Borealis. GLaDOS made the blueprints, look this pic: Borealis_plans_01.png

And considering this pics:USS_Newport_News_MainDeckAft.jpg

Borealis_plans_03.png It has some guns, turrets and an airplane crane on board. Is it a flight carrier :huh:? Damn that ship is well gunned! It looks more like a Battle ship to me :P

Borealis_plans_02.png Some test rooms, for the portal gun maybe?

USS_Newport_News_Level04.jpg Restricted area? For wich purpose?

Borealis_filmslide_001.png Well that's weird. Why would 2 employees of black mesa pose infront of the Borealis?

Oright, start discussions about this comments :P

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

It could belong to Black Mesa, then Aperture took it in their posession after the incident.

G-Man is playing a game of chess with the Advisors, with Gordon being his "queen".

Oh comon! Please no chess XD. But about the Black Mesa Aperture Science thing: I don't know, maybe but it was on the name of Aperture so I think no. But what about the rest of my questions. Could someone else awnser them?

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

Why not? Chess is a fundamental example of strategy, which the G-Man is showing.

You seem attention-seeking.

Sign in to follow this