Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RG

Doc's age

In 1985, before he first time traveled, Doc was 65(as said in bttf.wikia.com; birth year - 1920). Then he and Marty spent few days in future and past they didn't really belong to, and then Doc stayed in 1885 for years(I don't know how many, but their kids were like 7y/o when they came back) with Clara and kids, and building Time Train. How old he really was when he last appeared in end of 3rd film? And how old, in your opinion, would Doc be if he'd decide to time travel back to [our, 2010] present?

Edited by RG

How old he really was when he last appeared in end of 3rd film? And how old, in your opinion, would Doc be if he'd decide to time travel back to present?

I guess he was already about 72 years old, when he appeared at the end of BTTF3 (he was already nearly 66 years old when Marty comes to 1885 [Doc spent eight months there before Marty appeared]; Jules was about 5-6 years old, Verne about 4-5 years old at that time; but I guess after their visit to Marty they just stayed about six years maximum in the past [the cartoon series plays in 1991], so I guess in the cartoon he was about 78 years old).

EDIT: If he'd come to our present from somewhen between the end of BTTF3 and the beginning of the cartoon series he'd be between 72 and 78 years old, If he'd come here right after the story of the cartoon, he'd be nearly 80 then, but if he'd come here even later (e.g. from somewhen between 1995 and 2000), he'd be even older than 80 years (so if he wouldn't have gone to that rejuvenation clinic, he'd be a very old man then [by the way, it's his 97th birthday this year {he lost ~ seven years of his life by time traveling and living in the past}]).

Lets say that he is under 40 in BTTF II (not chronologically, but exteriorly), then his kids were what, 8, 10? Lets assume he is a bit over 40 (probs 40-50) at the end of BTTF III.

The question is the Doctor's age, since in his sixth incarnation he claimed to be 1000 years old, yet his tenth incarnations said he was 906.

Edited by iMaster

The question is the Doctor's age, since in his sixth incarnation he claimed to be 1000 years old, yet his tenth incarnations said he was 906.

????????

what th- *boom* are you talking about?

Doctor Who, I actually didn't say I mean the Doc from BttF, which I do now. Doctor Emmett L. Brown from Back to the Future universe, not Doctor Who from it's own universe. :P

Doctor Who, I actually didn't say I mean the Doc from BttF, which I do now. Doctor Emmett L. Brown from Back to the Future universe, not Doctor Who from it's own universe. :P

RG, don't apologise for a mistake you didn't make. It was more than obvious that you mean Doc Brown (since you mention facts from the trilogy and that forum is about BTTF discussion).

Well, yeah, just made sure for people who go into something different when they hear word "Doc"

I thought you were on about doc brown as your on bttf discussion on a bttf website.

Back on topic: how old must Clara be and still managed to have kids even in the old west? And i wonder if she knows docs real age because he a facelift in 2015 "that took 20 years" off him.

how old must Clara be and still managed to have kids even in the old west?

i can only guess her age, but maybe about 35? (Mary Steenburgen was 37 when BTTF3 came out)

I say 40 and Doc took off 30-40 from his 66 which makes him somehow younger than Clara :blink:

Canonically he is twice as old as Clara is.

But he's younger on outside! When you go to grocery store you look for the fruits that look better, not taste better, right?

I buy fruits that are all-in-all better.

Didn't know in Russia they allow to taste fruits before buying them.. :P

OK, back on topic, I edited the last question in first post, now it's about how old Doc would be if he came to our present, which is 2010. And I don't think he just sat there and didn't do anything for nearly 20 years.

Edited by RG

...time machine? TIME MACHINE! He has a freaking time machine!

Yes, and I doubt he'd come here right from 1990. I mean, we don't know how many years he spent in other times, not only in wild west.

Edited by RG

So that is where the Doctor's age comes into the picture again. A Time traveller can not be certain about his age, since he might forget it after fabricating it too many times.

I doubt they'd allow him to do so many repairs on his body. And those repairs probably don't "revert time"; they probably leave some affect or something.

I thought you were on about doc brown as your on bttf discussion on a bttf website.

... and don't forget this is a BTTF Discussion forum/section.

So that is where the Doctor's age comes into the picture again. A Time traveller can not be certain about his age, since he might forget it after fabricating it too many times.

Unless if it is a time traveler who is so conscious of his/her own age that he'll bring along a "not-so complicated device" that counts the minutes/hours/days/weeks he/she spent outside his/her time.

It's called a calendar. And yes, but maybe not. Judging by Doc's workspace, he didn't really pay attention.

oh...god!!

that craked me up what you said imaster!!!

angeloelibz24 was like, he must of invented some sort of device, that somehow keeps track of your acctual time!!

and imasters like: that sounds like what a calander does!

:lmfao: @angelo's post & iMaster's answer

He could just use any mobile phone, or chronometer(did i spell it right? :rolleyes:).

Kind. Otherwise he would have an electronic calendar, Doc was a fan of clocks.

Sign in to follow this