Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley+

EA buying R* -> GTA: Sim City

They won't allow that. You remember this is a corporation (that just got bought out by EA) so of course they have their secrets.

not true they couldnt afford rockstar

reference

Edited by Mini-Me
Added quote for clarification

I don't keep track of the news. Good to know that EA won't f*ck this up like they've done with many games in the past.

not true they couldnt afford rockstar

You missed the other posts like "EA is a wealthy company and could easily own Take Two and most likely will have some type of involvement with them b4 the year is up."

Even if EA managed to buy Rockstar, Rockstar would still be the one making their games. Buying a company doesn't also mean "erasing it from existence". The only concern we might have is that EA might do the "Disney treatment" to Rockstar's games.

Grand Theft Auto: Sim City, huh?

But I guess this was enough off-topic now :P.

Actually they had a sim city driving game. It's called Street's of Sim City and the driving is kinda like GTA. Where it's an open map.

Edited by Joe Statler

no the maps are premade. They're sim city 2000 maps. The rating is 4.4 out of 10 on GAMESPOT, it's not even worth mentioning unless it's for a comparison.

IF you could play regular Sim City and then switch to 3rd person view in order to do stuff like chasing criminals, fight fires do street races (

on randomly chosen tracks) (and more) that'd be a good mix to my mind.

im pretty sure that all that would happen if EA bought rockstar is the games would have better funding and the developers (most likely the same developers) will get better paychecks. thats all disney is doing with marvel because they know not to f**k with a good thing, and i should hope EA knows the same

Disney learnt that after Pixar seperated from them, which was a decent nutshot, so after they got Pixar back they stopped messing with their purchases' business.

how did i miss this... split topic :P

They won't allow that. You remember this is a corporation (that just got bought out by EA) so of course they have their secrets.

You got a link to something official stating that EA bought Take-Two Interactive? All I see are stories for 2008 which never came of anything.

Thanks for putting me on the spot. But in my defense the info. about EA buying Take-two didn't come from a website, but a friend of mine. I'll make sure not to trust that friend's information anymore.

but here's one from March 2009. The purchase probably is still in the works.

OK now you can close it.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this