Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Religion - New house rule?

Seeing conversation in the shoutbox as well as being informed of certain private messages going around, I propose a new house rule for the forum, being that we keep refrain from any type of discussion on religion.

Personally, I believe everyone has a right to believe in whatever they wish, and people should not be inflicting their views and beliefs on anyone else. (this also extends to PM's with such content as "repent and save your immortal soul" etc etc, you know who you are ;))

Thank you for reading this public service message, have a nice day.

Understandable, but sometimes a conversation can easily lead to religion, so you mods and admin. would have to stay on your toes and make sure it doesn't happen, again.

Edited by Joe Statler

if theres been complaints about a certain pm conversation that occured recently, i didnt actually start it.

anyway point taken

i start arguing about religion when people like emo start telling us that our athesist views are wrong , its only if someone does that when i get involved.

Do platform preferences (Wii, PS3, Mac, 360, PC) count as a religion? :P

In analogy with Ctrl+Alt+Delete (webcomic), that counts too as a religion :P

Any fanboyism would be considered a religion in this forum.

And if you guys were also referring to the religion war thing that occurred earlier in an off-topic thread, it technically ain't us atheists/agnostics who started it. It didn't even start as a religion war until John DeLorean started making Christian references when he was backing up his statement that evolution is a lie.

Dude, this is EXTREME hypocrisy. for we all have our religions that we follow. Besides, when you make a website, you make the rules THEN and THERE, afterwards, you can't change 'em, therefore, this isn't a valid rule.

Uhmm, no you add rules if needed when some douche starts a flame war

Yeah... If you own this site you can pretty much have any rule you want, whenever you want.

So, YouTube suddenly bans any atheist/agnostic videos all of the sudden, is that fair to them? No. My point has been made!

And they DO delete it, no matter how unfair this seems.

Want a religion based view? Here then:

Say that humans are god's children. He scares them, occasionally punishes them (Noah's arc). Then they GROW UP, that's what the whole second part of the bible is, you blind je-whateva-witnesses! GREW UP! The human race marches on, like children leave their parents' nest. So you don't need to anounce that you believe in god and get at everyone who says he doesn't, he is no longer there to watch over every single human, remember, people sometimes neglect the existence of their own parents.

OK, I am done here, I hope this explains the issue to everybody.

Edited by iMaster

So, YouTube suddenly bans any atheist/agnostic videos all of the sudden, is that fair to them? No. My point has been made!

Hey d****ead, no dual accounts, say good bye to Praise Yahweh!

Hey d****ead, no dual accounts, say good bye to Praise Yahweh!

Hah! I said to RG (MSN) 2 mins ago I'm guessing that was him.

GF John.

might i also point out that this rule isnt banning one religion its banning all of them. as in no religious discussion whatsoever to avoid a flame war.

dont be so self centerd.

yeah,

and i posted a comment on youtube to everyone who calls athesist's extremeists.

and my comment, under matthew02006 here

this guy is doing what people hate most, technically athesism has faith (faith in science) Edited by ♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

well i guess so, if you put it that way (faith in science) but its faith in a "trust" sense rather than a "worship" sense.

atheists worship nothing, thats the point

Technically atheism is a religion too, they worship logic and science. In a less violent sense, of course.

Sign in to follow this