Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
JOHN007

If You Had A Time Machine

This is a post from WiKi Answers:

Q: How long is an age Like in lord of the rings?

A: Age, astrological - A period of about 2,150 years, or one-twelfth of the Great Year of approximately 25,800 years. It represents the time required for the vernal equinox to retrograde through the thirty-degree arc of one constellation. According to many astrologers, the Earth is now moving from the Piscean Age into the Aquarian Age

What bugs me is that mostly the contemporary religions are all alike, yet their followers don't admit it.

thats why most people get mad when others start talking about their religion like they have known what it is all about their whole life when in reality they are just dumbi_see_dumb_people_o_o_by_cool_slayer.jpg

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

So, you say, "There is no god," then you die, and meet Him...what do you say then?

You all KNOW that I'm right; for Creation is a FACT, and has been for over 6,000 years.

And, no, the earth is not 14.6 billion years old; God is, for He has no age, therefore He existed 14 billion years ago, and by the Creationist account (Genesis) the earth was created with the heavens and light on day 1.

You want to make the gods a thing of the past? So do I, as I want the gods out, and the God in! I will praise the Great I AM for all of my life. If you want to take the gods out, I'll join...but God can NEVER be taken out of anything completely.

Edited by John DeLorean

for one thing the earth isn't 14 billion years old. It's 4.55 billion (plus or minus 1%). One piece of evidence is the dating done on rocks that were formed 3.5 billion years ago.

The oldest rocks which have been found so far (on the Earth) date to about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago (by several radiometric dating methods). Some of these rocks are sedimentary, and include minerals which are themselves as old as 4.1 to 4.2 billion years.

Religion is fine by me, BUT NOT IF IT GOES DEEP INTO FANATISM.

I'm sorry Delorean but this is what you sound like to me.

And Carl Sagan is my favorite Astrophysicist. He's one of the reasons why I wanted to become an Astrophysicist.

If I'd had a time machine, I'd go about 10 years into future, so they can put in DeLorean a TC that is capable of BC times. Then I'd go about 4.55 billion years into past just to prove John that not everything he believes is right.

Edited by RG

Most likely be ripped apart because of the inner pressure or become the center of Earth, because of its mass.

Or God will meet him and grant him 3 wishes, who knows.

Edited by iMaster

well there was a disc of asteroids and and other matter orbiting the sun at that time. But yea, if you went back in time to that date you'd discover yourself floating through space and inevitably crash into an asteroid. Even though, the TC in the TM aren't made for going that far back in time. They can't even be set to go to B.C. dates.

Your delorean would disintergrate. There was nothing then(not yet)

well all he would have to do is just go 3.55 billion years back instead of 4.55 then no disintegration :P

or go to when they invent shields and fit one to the delorean

and john are you american is that why you try to force your beliefs as fact down our throughts just because you say that it is true. for starters creation is a "theory" and evolution is a theory you can not say either is true or untrue and the reason why evolution and the big bang was not thought of before was because people did not like change and we also did not have the technology to be able to even get the first ideas for the big bang and evolution. creation was also created as an idea to fill the need for explanation which we as humans have.

the part about creation in the bible that angelo mentioned in the spillover was about how it spread from being an IDEA about how the earth being created into people viewing it as fact

So, you say, "There is no god," then you die, and meet Him...what do you say then?

This is the whole reason why I've been saying for 2-3 times now that the Book of Genesis is metaphorical or symbolical. But I never said anything in one point of the argument over in the SpillOver forum that creation is a myth. I'm only saying that everything depicted in the Book of Genesis shouldn't be taken literally.

As far as I can remember, I argued that the people who made the Book of Genesis never referred from any divine or supernatural source when they wrote it. They just wrote it based on the environment around them, as well as their belief in God as the Creator. So taking the Book literally would be like "living a lie" (well, until there's concrete proof or evidence that all of us, not just the dead, would see and know).

So meeting Him in person after I, who believed creation as depicted in the Bible isn't true, died won't make me realize everything in the Genesis is true, nor would surprise me AT ALL that I'm wrong and you're right.

If you wanna argue with me, John, don't be arrogant or an idiot (no offense) to not read this first AND understand what I'm pointing here, because the argument you're going to make won't be a real argument at all. You'll be just wasting your time typing it.

Your delorean would disintergrate. There was nothing then(not yet)

What the others said. Earth that time was a huge ball of rock and lava. The DeLorean would indeed be disintegrated, by the extreme heat and lava, that is, not by emptiness or non-existence of space and time. If it was indeed just a void, the DeLorean wouldn't time travel at all because there's nothing there to begin with. It's a dead end -- you can't obviously go beyond a dead end.

4.55 billion years

It's 4.54, not 4.55. Going that further would indeed make you float in space towards floating rocks found in the solar nebula at that time.

It's 4.54, not 4.55. Going that further would indeed make you float in space towards floating rocks found in the solar nebula at that time.

Did I not say that there was a discrepancy of 1%. I think I did.

It's 4.55 billion (plus or minus 1%).

john delorean, you are a sad little boy. holding on to what youv been raised with like an old blanket. you are teetering on the brink of sanity blinded by your faith. you are what gives christians their bad reputation.

emo, if you tried to read some of our posts (rather than going ITS TOO BIG I WONT READ IT LOL) then maybe some of us would actually take you seriously. if you arent intelectually capable of putting forth a real argument or at least decleration of understanding then nobody is going to give two s**ts about what you have to say on this subject.

i really dont care to argue with you two anymore. i have proven you both wrong time and time again and yet you continue to ignore anything that might have a chance of proving you wrong.

selective reading does not make you right

i actually explained in reasonably simple terms how evolution works, i gave ou the freaking answers you were looking for and i bet neither of you read it, purely because your so scared of being proven wrong. it disgusts me that people as selfish as you are part of the human race.

im done here. i have no disagreements with anyone else, angelo we've had our differences but im pretty sure we understand eachother and are destined (and i use the word metaphorically seeing as i dont beleive in destiny) to come to a standstill with any disgreements we may have on this topic (wich now that i think about it isnt many) its always fun having these discussions with you.

everyone else, continue :D other than the two crazies this topic is actually REALLY interesting

Edited by EarthwormJim

From what I've learned as a Christian, knowing the truth means not just relying on the Bible and God. Like I've said awhile ago, God gave each of us eyes, ears and a brain, so we should USE THEM. God won't be all the time giving direct support on whatever we do (like knowing the truth, or proving that what we know as the truth is the truth, which is our case right now). If He does, and He needs to, then why the f*ck did He gave each of us a well-capable (evolved) body in the first place?

(fyi, I'm talking like this not because I am still a Christian (I've already said before that I've an ex-Christian) but because I want to make you two (emo and John) understand my point in your own Christian perspective; well it ain't my best way, obviously, but I don't believe my best would be enough to convince you guys)

It's pretty much like time travel, which SHOULD be what this topic is about. Not using our eyes, ears and, most especially, our brains would put us a lot of trouble. It may have already been said that time travel being possible would make paradoxes impossible, or a ridiculous idea to think about rather, but bad decisions always lead to bad consequences, so the type of "paradoxes" you'll be facing won't destroy the universe but might ruin or destroy your own human lives. Praying to God won't be enough to save your a**es from the trouble you'll be making. You'd have to learn how and when to stop being too dependent from God and be dependent with yourself. I guess this is what JOHN007 wanted to know -- other than knowing what we would want to do with a time machine, he might also want to know how we would use a limited-use time machine for whatever we want or need with time travel.

Not using our eyes, ears and, most especially, our brains would put us a lot of trouble

and might i say we have two PRIME examples of that here