Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

GTA SA: BTTF - Troubleshooting

Something weird happening ,actually not sure if iv seen something about it before but when i get 4 stars for about 5ish minutes i just get a complete crash no freeze or error message just back to desktop as if everything was just normal .Is it a bug you know about or is it just me ?

Yep definitely either the four stars or the fact i go fly over to the other island when you not supposed to ,just did driving for ages everything- fine, load of flying -fine, time travel- fine ,soon as i went flying over to Las Venturas didn't even get 5 mins -Crash. Im not to bothered myself i can just not do that ,but i just thought id see.

Edited by Sandman

Cheers works a charm.

Oh and sorry Blue my bad for missing the fix.Thanks

Just found -press - to hover while the sparks are on and they stay there while your flying ,you probably already know that just found it pretty cool.

Edited by Sandman

Not sure if this is to much to worry about but had a crash after playing for about 15-20 mins this is after i replaced the limit adjuster with the fix

crashj.jpg

Its only the one time so maybe or hopefully it wont happen again,apart from that it runs really well.

Edited by Sandman

Ok, so I talked to the dudes over at GTAF.

We've isolated it down to :

It installs automaticly several mp3 files into GTA San Andreas\CLEO\audio

The cleo funtion to play mp3 is unstable.

To play more than one mp3 can cause bugs or crashes.

It can also be different, depending to your sound hardware and to the game version

Used the downgrader everyone else is using, still the same problem. Updated sound hardware, same issue.

Edited by TWG

Wouldn't cleo be more stable if it used .wav?

I mean MP3s have too much data to process and 30% gets disregarded cause it aint needed, Probably whats causing the crashes, a build up of redundant data! :lol:

The CLEO add-on itself would have to be partially rebuilt for it to support WAV files. That means there might be a case when some CLEO scripts that were made before that version's release wouldn't work under it.

15 things are known to cause CLEO to become unstable:

• Low or used-up memory
  • Weak (or weakened) CPU
  • The version of GTA:SA being anywhere higher than 1.0
  • An anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall you've installed is blocking it
  • UAC is blocking it (Vista / Win7 users)
  • You're running too many programs at the same time
  • One or some of your programs are doing a serious activity or task while you're playing like virus scanning
  • You have a program running in background that clears up memory every 5 minutes or something like that for performance optimization/maintenance
  • You're not using the original MAIN.SCM (it's ok, though, if the CLEO scripts are built to work with or for the custom SCM)
  • The MP3 file the script needs to play is currently opened and/or played in a media player
  • The MP3s to be played are not in their right folders or were deleted or are not there at all; the CLEO scripts not being able to find them cause the crashes
  • The MP3s are lengthy and/or have very high quality (lower it as much as possible)
  • The script has the wrong or faulty code to begin with
  • CLEO plays MP3s as many as or more than 7
  • (Applicable if the above is true) MP3s are in separate folders, instead of just one folder

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but would the .CS files read the audio files as "SOUND.MP3", wouldn't I just have to change the script to read the format as WAV in the .CS file as well as the actual filetype, would that work?

I could be totally wrong on this though.

I may have a solution alternate to that though, you said that no other program containing the mp3 file would have to be open? Thus, something like iTunes would have to be closed in order to use the mod's sounds?

yeah, wrong. The CS only reads mp3 files, not wav.

I'll probably look into seeing if we can add files to the sfx archive and play from there instead. If its possible. I know it wasn't in VC.

Would that require SCM coding?

yeah, i know about it. The old sa team used that to add loading music, time circuit menu sounds, delorean sounds, etc.

So then why don't you use it? Too unstable?

It was just a question Blue

*EDITED by DRAGON KING

umm, i wasn't being hostile? I'm just saying, I have so much to do that I can't do everything all at once. They're on a list of things to do, and sounds is not very high.