Sign in to follow this  
Microman

My Birthday present .... :)

For my birthday , my bro' wants to buy a guitar , but he don't know if he buy

this one :

d6589779ae8ec16bb5a35cdfbba51e38.jpg

or this one :

2fc193c57be279fc5810cc27fc0206d7.jpg

And , I say it , I don't know too ! :) Do you prefer the 1st one or the 2nd one ?

Ok :)

Paint the first one in Red and it's a replica of Marty's Gibson ES-346 ( He play Johny B Goode with it ^^ )

Tell him to save his monies till his next bday and buy something ten times better! You can get a real gibson sg for £500 these days, or a real les paul for £800!

Why would anybody in their right mind wanna buy an epiphone piece of crap! :huh:

i'd go for the les paul. but thats because theyr my favourite style of guitar

@Orgcon: He don't want to buy a real gibson for now I have a lot of things to learn before and , if I buy a real Gibson , it will be in 5-6 years :)

@Earthwormjim : This is why I hesitate ... I like the Les Paul style too but the "es-335" style is good too , so ... :s

Don't just buy a guitar. Try it out before you buy it and don't go by looks.

I tryed this two guitars ... -____- Same sound but different body ... I don't know

I don't think he means by sound. He means by the overall feel of the guitar. Such as is the neck too big or too small, or it's too heavy or too light.

I usually have parameters:

1) Which one looks better

2) Which one is more expensive

3) What people that use it say about it

The third option cancels out the second option, and the second option has the upper hand over the first one. Kind of like this, also, depends on your preference of using a product, some odd features in the design can either be proven useful or be a burden.

That doesn't work for guitar iPro. If you wanna buy a guitar you gotta look at it, feel if it's not too heavy. Listen to how it sounds. How it performs, ask yourself questions like: Can it do harmonics? And try it out. Play on the guitar for like 15 minutes or half an hour or longer. Try every guitar in the same catagory and choose the one you think is best.

yeah, you cant pick a guitar by looks, you have to go for wch one is most comfortal when you're wearing it and wich one suits what style you want to play in best

And what did I just say?

My manner of speech must be different enough for others not to understand it :P

I usually have parameters:

1) Which one looks better

2) Which one is more expensive

3) What people that use it say about it

The third option cancels out the second option, and the second option has the upper hand over the first one. Kind of like this, also, depends on your preference of using a product, some odd features in the design can either be proven useful or be a burden.

And what did I just say?

My manner of speech must be different enough for others not to understand it :P

That is what you said, lemme explain what we all understand:

1) You go by looks

2) You judge by price

3) What other people say

That could work for other products but that doesnt work for guitars. People have often told me some Ibanez guitar sounds great and plays great, i tried it out and felt like s**t.

Buying a guitar is always based on

1) Your own opinions

2) What sounds good (not the name, the sound of the guitar self)

3) How it handles

Design, for your information, is guided by ergonomic preferences of the customer. I might've missed the sound, but all in all it's the same.

dont you start talking to me aout design sonny boy, guess what iv spent all year studying at university. and i can say the ergonomic design only takes top priority with guitars if your a complete poser who has never touched a musical instrument before. sound comes first, comfort second (by comfort i dont just mean weight and the shape not digging into your body, i mean the actual mechanics. position of the bridge, making sure the action isnt too high (or high enough depending on your preference). the material used to make the fretboard. basically how your fingers feel while you play)

thats right, i put brackets inside brackets.

what the guitar looks like should be the least of your worries. but in saying that the look is still somthing you consider ut only AFTER you're sure about everything else so you know what specs you're looking for

Edited by EarthwormJim

Alright, you're right, HAPPY now?

I wasn't proven wrong, you proved yourself to be right. So are you happy or not?

*sigh* iPro get over it, we're not talking computers here. We're talking guitars.

I see, you are NOT happy with your victory.

Used to play an acoustic one. Yamaha, me thinks. You can't get a better one here :P

Edited by  iPro

Sign in to follow this