Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Website Revamp - Ideas Required

Ok, the skin we are currently using was only meant to be temporary, while we worked on a completely custom skin. However back in December I was made aware of a new version of Invision Power Board which was currently under development hence I decided to hold off on the custom skin until IPB3 was released.

Since IPB3 has now been officially released, we are now in a position to start working on a custom skin for the site, so would like members to post ideas on how they would like the site/forums to look.

When posting an idea, please try and be as descriptive as possible, perhaps even include a photoshop mock up image.

the borders could look like stainless steel so that the match the design of the deloreans body, maybe the theme could partially match the time ciruits (the main top border fethers to stainless steel)

That is something we have thought about. However we don't want to just make simple changes to this skin, we want to make something from scratch so that it is new and fresh.

Guest Rave

a page with links for people like edfake ,saram animations,etc.... would be nice

Make it look like brushed stainless steel. It gotta be brighter than it is now, to make the Apple store look like a kitchen.

could the whole site look like the front of the clock tower?

with the link area looking like the courthouse roof and the sides of borders being the colunms

with a brick windowed (like the courthouse) background.

The buttons "Fast Reply" , "Add Reply" , "New Topic",etc can be like the buttons of the DeLorean :) ( the one on the roof of the car : bttf01.jpg

what if you do something like BTTF.com with a compilation of images, but use screens from the game

what if you do something like BTTF.com with a compilation of images, but use screens from the game

For the best effect for that type of look, we would be better waiting until at least all of the 1955 map is complete.

Edit - also, I don't really care for the way bttf.com's images refresh each time you load a new page, just makes loading take longer than it should.

I think The current layout is fine it looks professional.

Like you said, if the background is too full of crap it'll take longer to load, and its quite slow as it is and I have one of the fastest internet speeds on here.

Although I would suggest adding more links, such as;

A direct link back to the main bored page at the bottem of every sub page as well as the drop down link list, making things quicker. Insted of either scrolling back to the top of a long page or going back through the sub menus.

The background could be flowers XD

I have an idea for an intro page/flash (like bttf.com has).

Why not fade into one of these signs

exit.jpg

welcomesign.jpg

And then have a tiny 2 second clip of the delorean time traveling (in-game). Or maybe the other way around. 1st the clip then a quick change to the sign, and then a fade out.

In actual fact, the current layout loads very fast, what slows it down is the script that controls the Time Circuits at the top of the page.

I'm going to photoshop a background and buttons and stuff. To see If I can do a good job and to see if it's good enough to be used :P

could there be some bttf smilies like a marty one, a doc one, and others

LOL

Actually there are forum sites which revolve around media having smilies based from that media. But this doesn't mean we should replace ALL smilies with BTTF ones. Just add the BTTF smilies as special type of smilies -- stuff like Marty saying "English, Doc" or Doc saying "1.21 GIGAWATTS!" -- while keeping the good old generic Invision ones. :D

Guest Rave

speedomitor smiley wolud work i have a home made one at my site its animated if you would like to use it

Sign in to follow this