Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Ghostbusters: The Video game

I got it for PS2. It's awesome! The only downside, you cant drive the Ecto. I give it 8/10

I have a PS2 and have no PS3 coming in near years. If I think about playing it on Mac/PC or on PS2, my dignity waps me with a rolled up newspaper.

Mark, just *acquire* it. It's totally worth it. I started at 7pm last night and didnt stop playing till breakfast was done this morning.

On the PS2? Even though the characters don't look like the actors? :D

I reserved mine weeks ago, but I still need to go pick it up (along with my shirt). Too bad I won't have enough money till 2 weeks from now. Damn bills!

proton you should probaly just get an xbox.

ill be renting this as soon as i can and if its worth it ill buy it. unless my mate "acquires" it for pc and happens to install it on my computer

Thanks, but no, they have a habit of crashing around me. Am I THAT scary?

The PC version of the game isn't getting many good reviews. Apparently they've stripped out multiplayer from it, as well as using Securom which almost everyone hates. There are installation issues as well.

It's a shame because given the amount of times they have delayed the game, you'd think they would have got it right.

Same here. I'm expecting to get it for PS2. Not PC, though, that's for sure. Securom is known to not only screw up on Vista/Windows 7 but also screw THEM up -- once, when I installed a game with Securom, Vista's Windows Explorer stopped working. Had to put myself and my computer to a lot of trouble (one being scolded by my dad, thinking I was tinkering with the once-new OS) to fix it, and it all ended up in a lot of wasted time and dollars/pesos worth of crap. Never played that game I bought since (it was one of the games I bought for my new Vista PC aside from GTA: San Andreas and Spider-Man 3, and I think I'll never be able to play it at all).

I'm thinking of buying it for my lil brother's birthday, but so far all movie games disappointed me (batman begins, transformers, etc), they focus too much on pretty graphics and the replayability is 0.

Has anyone tried the ps2 version yet?

Well Harold Ramis wrote the script for this game. So the storyline should be awesome.

Plus the gameplay - WOW, (even if you have only seen the hands on demos)

And it was Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd, you should credit him because it was all his idea.

Edited by  iPro

Just rewatched the Citroen Ghostbusters ad (C3 Picasso, the Spacebox) and found this:

3-4.png

The proton pack is based on the original hardware piece, just more slick. Although, it does have some sort of a pulsing black-hole inside.

4-5.png

And the neutrona wand - well what do you know? Looks like the Portal gun!

so far all movie games disappointed me (batman begins, transformers, etc), they focus too much on pretty graphics and the replayability is 0.

Well not all movie games are disappointing. There are some few that you can appreciate. This game and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (the next-gen and PC versions) are two examples.

This Ghostbusters game is the best Ghostbusters game so far.

Yeah, there were 4 ghostbusters game that all but one were complete crap (that one was JUST crap) and there were mods, one for each episode of GTA III - all dead. So...

What version?

Check your hardware compatibility. Maybe firewalls interfere?

Sign in to follow this