Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Ghostbusters: The Video game

DK, check the atari forums, you're not the only one.

Only suggestion I have is to p**s around with the hardware acceleration in your soundcard's properties. Although it could be a cache problem.

I got this on release day and I'm having a b**ch of a time in the graveyard. Those giant furnace things are a real pain to take out, plus Ray keeps dying on me

Use the shock blaster it get's them real quick and then switch to the proton blaster when there is only 1 bar of health on the monster and grab the lamp on his head and slam it off.

The game is awesome. I'm working on the 'Are You A God' trophy for PS3

I got this on release day and I'm having a b**ch of a time in the graveyard. Those giant furnace things are a real pain to take out, plus Ray keeps dying on me

Same here...almost, until I tried what DK did.

offtopic: lol at Swingers group. GTA humor. :lol:

It took me time to make it work, though. But it's nothing I can't fix like Prototype (which is another game that has major requirements). And I currently have two versions, the other is for the PS2. I'm planning to make reviews on both versions as my last review entry for our "junior critics" club, which I'll be leaving this August.

Scan this.

Page_1-38.jpg

Mine shows it is a Class 7 Outsider Avatar and a Deity (a supreme being). 12 boys and girls are f**ked here :P

Edited by  iPro

I'm not in the Destructor part yet, or was that the part I "skipped"? Damn, I need to play this game again. My brother keeps on using my saved game and has been progressing the game without my knowledge.

PROBLEM

So I run Parallels with XP SP3. Swell. Then I try to run the GB game and THIS pops up

1-41.png

Which is weird, cause according to tech sites my video card is capable of Vertex Shader 4. I then found this:

2-13.png

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro video card, I am confused here.

Halp.

EDIT: Figured it out. My Mac suits perfectly for the game, it's just that Parallel Desktops does not support Vertex shader more than 2. I don't wanna install it over bootcamp, so I will just probably wait...

Edited by  iPro

*sigh*

Technically, supporting a specific game is not how development works, games and 3d apps have requirements that involve versions of OpenGL, DirectX, Pixel Shaders and Vertex Shaders, development works to support specific versions of these 'standards' to meet the games and apps requirements. PDM 4 supports higher versions of these than PDM 3.

The game page only refers the requirement of DirectX 9.0c.

The PDM 4 features page says:

Expanded DirectX 9, DirectX Pixel Shader 2.0 and OpenGL 2.0.

So, I believe it doesn't work because PDM 4 doesn't fully support DX9c (yet).

Even if they do, it will come out around christmas with the PSP version.

Erm last time I checked you can install the game on just plain old mac. It says PC DVD but if you look at the requirements it should say MAC as well.

Check again, please.

hmmm. That's how it use to be. If they were going to port it to mac they put extra compatibility in the installer of the PC DVD

I know that Spore is installable with a multi platform installation package.

Sign in to follow this