Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
archer9234

New Release/New purchases Thread

500GB HDD

and that same bike model from a different person - $3650 (Non crashed and non ride able for the owner since we have the keys with the tire locks) Picking it up on thursday.

These are what I'm looking forward to buying:

http://www.laserdiscvault.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=3668

http://www.laserdiscvault.com/index.php?ma...products_id=458

http://www.laserdiscvault.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=4877

http://www.laserdiscvault.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=5423

In case anyone is wondering, these are laser discs. They are like DVDs only they failed the test of time and reliability. But they are rare and probably be worth something in a few more years.

They redirect me to Google.ru...

My best friend use to have playboy on laserdisc. F*ckin' awesome!

You going to get them framed?

Edited by Joe Statler

EDIT: @DK

I got a karaokeplayer that can play laserdiscs. I got one movie for it and several karaoke discs. The movie is Saturday Night Fever.

Edited by crazyjointje

Finally saved up enough for my PS3 Slim.

Amazon has a sale on a 1.3b HDMI cable. 60 to 10$

Finally picked up my MUA2 that's been on pre order for 2 weeks, and a points card.

And two more Marvel figurines came in. 3 more to go.

DSCF0047.jpg

Saved up for a Canon Powershot G10. Will be buying it shortly.

Sold my Sony DCR-S60, bought

Canon powershot G10. I finally got a decent camera :P

Canon-G10-big.jpg

(quality check)

esuamu.jpg

Ummm... tinypic makes up for its name, doesn't it? -_-'

AI, Bicentennial Man, & I, Robot used the Asimov laws of Robotics from the book I, Robot. That's probably why it reminds you of the previous 2.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Edited by Joe Statler

51D14TDPP0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Editorial Review:

SPOILER:
It could be even bigger than we thought: not only is the universe expanding (as astronomers have long known) but its rate of expansion is increasing. Observations of supernovas in 1998, if accurate, show that the cosmos is spreading and dispersing. In a neat, up-to-date introduction to cosmology and astrophysics, prolific astronomy popularizer Goldsmith (The Astronomers; The Hunt for Life on Mars) explains how the universe might be "shaped" and why its sped-up growth is such a surprise. Einstein's theories introduced a number called the cosmological constant: if that number had a certain (below-zero) value, the universe would stay the same size. Recent models of the expanding universe set Einstein's constant at zero. Now it turns out the constant has a value above zero. On his way toward the new science of supernovae, Goldsmith covers Einstein and general relativity, telescope maestro Edwin Hubble and his rival Harlow Shapley, such 1980s quantum theorists as Alan Guth and the mysterious "dark matter" dispersed through intergalactic space. It turns out that "all the structure in the cosmos has grown from tiny fluctuations in the density of matter from place to place"; moreover, we live in a 10-billion-year window of cosmological history during which space is curved, but not too curved--earlier or later, life could never arise. Outlining these theories and discoveries, Goldsmith can sound like a stage magician: his new knowledge "will prove so amazing that your friends and family will doubt what you have to tell them." On the other hand, he's exceptionally good at explaining math in layperson's terms--a talent welcome in a complicated subject such as this.

Just got Speed. My only complaint is the lack of extras. No interviews.

cov%20speed%20blu-ray.jpg

Edited by archer9234