:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
archer9234

New Release/New purchases Thread

homosexuality isnt a genetic trait that is passed down its a kind of "birth defect" though defect is the wrong word for it. its an actual chemical imbalance and while upbringing may have some effect on it, it will never change somones sexual orientation. all upbringing can do is teach a person to hide or be open about being gay (or not being gay)

I find it funny on how Catholic Priests say homosexuality is wrong but they keep getting in trouble for "inappropriate conduct" with young boys.

I know about Sodom and Gommorah, but there are also other references about homosexuality being a sin in other passages. According to Christianity, God's design for natural sexual relationships is part of his "plan". Homosexuality falsifies what God designed, so therefore it IS a sin. The flaw I see here is that it ain't most of the homos' fault that they're gay in the first place, as what EWJ stated.

it will never change somones sexual orientation.

This reminds me of my gay classmate back at high school. Though he is clearly gay with how he speaks, acts and s**t, he has this big record of sexual harassment on our girl classmates (almost ALL kinds of harassment), especially his female friends, and he LIKES doing so, while having this huge hatred against the rest of most of us boys. He also oftentimes comments about any one of our girl classmates being hot, while there was never a time he did the same for a male. Also, in addition to that, I heard from one of his friends that he has this huge secret crush over my best friend's crush, which had my bestfriend lol'ing over it. Up until now, he likes using the picture of him and his crush as his avatar at Yahoo! Messenger. This gives me a thought that his "gayness" is some attempt to make the girls think he is gay and take advantage over them. :mellow:

sh*t, I've kissed a guy before and didn't feel anything. Even though it was to prove a point. And that point is that if your comfortable enough with your sexuality the other side of things won't bother you, which it didn't bother me. I have this one gay friend who is as much as a pot fiend as I am. I am happy that I've gotten the chance to befriend him. He plans to move to Colorado soon, so in a way I will miss him.

Edited by Joe Statler

My uncle is gay, i always thought he was ''different''. Never worked out with girls for him then he met his boyfriend and they fell in love. I don't mind him being gay. He's still my favorite uncle and he's awesome!

what about him makes you think hes gay?

By how he acts and talks. Also, pretty much everyone in our level/batch know (or think) he's gay.

250px-Transformers_2_Game.jpg

Bought one for the PSP, the PS2 and the PC. The two first versions are s**t, while PC is a more decent to play, but you would need a joystick for better controls (currently using a PS3 one for this). The controls with the keyboard are hard or don't fit as well as a joystick with the game.

i found the first game was a pain in the ass to play on pc, but it was awesome on 360. im yet to pla the second one.

I just picked this up today. The transfer of the film was done great. Though with the better quality, you can easily see some of the visual effects glitches that are through out the film. Even some wire mistakes. But I'm just way too nosy :P.

0a2dc0a398a0316bfbc00210.L.jpg

Edited by archer9234

the x-files seasons 1 and 2 double pack for $20.00

I just picked this up today. The transfer of the film was done great. Though with the better quality, you can easily see some of the visual effects glitches that are through out the film. Even some wire mistakes. But I'm just way too nosy :P.

0a2dc0a398a0316bfbc00210.L.jpg

I heard the transfer is WAY grainy... :rolleyes:

you didn't have to quote the picture. <_<

Well, I'm surprised that GB got transferred that soon, was expecting it in another year or two. Guess it's because of the video game that they decided to do it.

Edited by Joe Statler

you didn't have to quote the picture. <_<

Well, I'm surprised that GB got transferred that soon, was expecting it in another year or two. Guess it's because of the video game that they decided to do it.

Well then, I'm sorry. I haven't been here in a while. I just got married not even two months ago and we're expecting a kid. So forgive me... :P

...the video game is awesome, BTW. B)

I heard the transfer is WAY grainy... :rolleyes:

That's because it's a 1984 film and you're seeing the full quality of the natural film grain. They didn't use the best of the best film for the movie. Plus the grain goes from bad to almost clear between effects and 2nd-3rd generation cuts. It's a double edge sword with Blu-ray.

vlcsnap-2009-08-14-23h17m32s117.png

Here's a example where it's almost perfect. Ignore the blue Pack beams it's some stupid glitch with VLC and blu-ray.

Edited by archer9234

That's because it's a 1984 film and you're seeing the full quality of the natural film grain. They didn't use the best of the best film for the movie. Plus the grain goes from bad to almost clear between effects and 2nd-3rd generation cuts. It's a double edge sword with Blu-ray.

Like watching 38mm films on IMAX. Doesn't really work all the time.

true_romanceposter.jpg

and ticket to see

poster_inglorious-1.jpg

Edited by SCULLY

Just bought another monitor exactly the same as my current one

22" Samsung 2233BW

Dual monitors ftw.

x_101b5abb.jpg

- Neutrona Wand

x_5fa80c24.jpg

- Proton block, Particle accelerator and so on.

Yes, it is the Proton Pack squirt gun I am making. The parts were recently purchased, so I decided to put it up here.

[Warning: Long post. Read at your own risk :raspberry:]

33496192-2-440-OVR-1.gif

A new HP G60-235DX laptop :D

Specs:

• Windows Vista: Home Premium / Mac OS X 10.5 (PearPC emulation)
  • Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0 GHz
  • 3 GB RAM
  • 320 GB Hard Disk Space
  • Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 / Intel High Definition Audio HDMI
  • Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics
    • 533 MHz video processing speed
    • Pixel/Vertex Shader 4 (hardware)
    • Hardware T&L
    • DirectX 10 support
    • 1.2 GB VRAM
    • HDMI port

This laptop is BEST for multimedia stuff and some gaming. It's the "low-end gaming PC" type, meaning it can run ALL sort of games, but very serious games like Transformers 2 and possibly GTA4 would lag like sh*t.

Because the graphics, like any integrated GPU, still rely on CPU power, I'm thinking of replacing the processor with a more powerful Core 2 Duo to maximize the performance.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

800px-PlayStation_BB_Unit.jpg

PS2 Hard Drive / Network Card with OS-like software included for PS2 games storage

The store dude said that the thing can be plugged in to your PC's via USB for file managing with a special gadget. It's extra payment, but my dad took it for the sake of being able to manage the drive. The 320 GB hard drive will be able to store a total of 95 games, 50 more games than we previously thought. That also means I'm expecting more piracy sh*t here in our home. :lol:

I got this back in July, but I want to share it now.

Yeah, remember that model DeLorean I showed you that I was getting back in like, April?

Well I finally got it a few months later.

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

Notice I took off the crappy license plate?

PICT0013.jpg

It's a crappy Welly Model.

Edited by Flux Capacitor

For Intro. to PC Operating Systems

9781418837198.jpg

Got it used for $88us even though it is $140 new. Well, the good news is that the cd sleeves (2 cds) are still sealed and the book looks like it's never been opened. And it covers Linux 10.0, Vista, Server 2003, and OS-X Tiger.

For Intro. to Integrated Software Programs

new-perspectives-on-microsoft-office-2007-first-course-windows-vista-edition.jpg

Had to get this one new. It cost me over $125 and the piece of sh*t only came with Office Professional 2007 trial software. Although I already have the full version on my computer.

Edited by Joe Statler