Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

Star Trek 2009

Just saw the movie last night, I think it was better than the two Star Wars prequels Lucas made, I haven't seen a really great stand alone Sci Fi movie in a long time, so this was a refreshing change for me. I highly recommend it to you all.

Below is a discussion for people who have seen it, it's in spoiler tags because i don't want to spoil it OMG.

I thought that the romance between Spock and Ahora was abit unnecessary, however it did add another emotional dimension to Spock's complex thought process. I also loved the Hoth-like planet too, though I missed the part where Kirk fought the giant snow...thing that there was in the trailers! I walked out and had to talk to my mom about how much longer it was going to be. Leo Nimoy also did a great job portraying older Spock, and I like to think that there are actually two Spocks in the actual Star Trek series filmed in the 60s. XD Too bad they couldn't do more with each other.

All in all, a great movie, definitely a Must-Own on DVD/Blu Ray.

You didn't spell Uhura right.

Edited by archer9234

Going to watch it tomorrow with my dad. Will post my thoughts then.

I haven't seen a really great stand alone Sci Fi movie in a long time

Serenity was great, whether or not you had seen Firefly before. I showed the movie to my brother-in-law (who had never seen Firefly) and he loved it. I then showed him the Firefly episodes.

So it is worth watching?

yeah, i watched it on saturday

DEFINATLY gonna get it on DVD

I thought the some bits were a bit wrong

Is that the film Directed by JJ. Abrams? Cause I though that wasn't out till later in the year!? :huh:

...Well maybe over here in the yUK anyway <_<

Edited by Orgcon

I saw this movie ^^ I found it very cool !!

I just saw it and was surprised that it was better than my expectations. I also saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine and found that it was by far the best out of all the other films.

I like to think that there are actually two Spocks in the actual Star Trek series filmed in the 60s. XD Too bad they couldn't do more with each other.

They explained that the

timeline was changed because Spock and Neo were thrown/sucked back in time. So the original series was basically the original timeline and the movie is an altered timeline/reality.

An example of this is in the series ENTERPRISE, where they find borg drones and wreckage of a borg sphere in Antarctica, although in the original history there weren't any drones there to be found. The reason they found the drones is because Picard and the NCC-1701E crew came back in time and blew it up (Star Trek: First Contact).

Edited by Statler

People consider that the worst ep of ent :P. All because Phlox defeated the nano probes with a stupid virus.

I can think of one worse than that. The one where Hoshi is stuck on a planet with some telepathic alien that won't let her leave. He lured her there claiming he had information on the Xindi, but really he was just lonely.

I'll buy it if Paramount doesn't pull the single disc crap and release the special edition right off the bat.

I'll buy it if Paramount doesn't pull the single disc crap and release the special edition right off the bat.

There have been movies that were released single disc and Special edition at the same time, but I don't understand why.

Simple. There are people that don't care for bonus features and just want the movie. So they make that version. What I meant was what Paramount did with the Nemesis DVD. Instead of just releasing the special DVD set, they released the single disc and waited 2 years for the SE one.

My dad has ALL star trek movies (apart from the new one of course), in one of those big DVD boxes

Besides, the First Contact bit could have been a predetermined paradox cos zefram says:

"You think I wanna go to the stars? I dont even like to fly! I take trains!"

lol

FC wasn't a pre paradox. Because starfleet never found the Borg sphere, in the original timeline. Or Data would of recalled events from the database. The only time a pre paradox happened was in Time's Arrow. When Picard found Data's damaged head, in the cave. Voyager's Future's End doesn't count, because they changed history again, avoiding Voyager being blown up.

i supposed yeah

but it could be a pre paradox cos how did the borg find Earth?

yeah from assimilated worlds but how did they know where to look?

besides, what zefram says makes sense for it to be a pre paradox

In the original timeline it was Q's fault. He's the one who sent the Enterprise to them, in season 2 (TNG). In the changed timeline after FC, the surviving Borg, from the sphere, sent a signal at the end of Regeneration (ENT). The new movies, after their storyline, can easily correct the changes in history, at some focal point. Just like how Nero changed the timeline with Kirk's father.

i know, but in Voyager, the episode Scorpion was at the end of the year First Contact was done. EDIT: I mean that Janeway says:

"Since Q flung the Enterprise 7000 light years into the path of that first cube"

This means the timeline hasn't been altered, but if you look closely at her display it says:

"Borg Database Stardate 9237"

Summot like that. Aka, the time of Kirk which suggests that both the timeline was altered, and it was a pre paradox

I mean timeline wise, it was set simatanius to DS9, and in 'In Purgatory's Shadow' (DS9), the episode where the Dominion finally come throught the Wormhole, Sisko says:

"..and due to the recent borg attack, starfleet's spread pretty thin"

aka. First Contact.

But I do agree with you archer, its just I like thinking that it was a pre paradox cos im fond of them

It just, I believe time has already happened, just not for anybody yet. (I.e. the end of the World has already happened, just, we haven't caught up with the time yet)

Edited by OoiueBTTF

There's another mistake in Voyager. 7 of 9 knew about FC. She was split form the collective BEFORE FC was made.

Actually, First Contact happened on stardate 508??.? or summot

Seven of Nine was split on stardate 51003

So she should have known

then again, how did she know what happened in the past?

Sign in to follow this