Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Attention

20X KAMEHAMEHA + KAIO KEN X4 = *poof*

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

hahahah. That was hilarious. I watched the show when I was young but when I watch it now I notice that a quarter of the episodes are just powerups which make them look like their taking a massive dump.

constipation_1.jpg

Edited by Statler

what mike really you dissapointed me dragon ball is not the best manga but it's a cool manga

yes it is but dragon ball still dragon ball a very good manga and anim so i'm agree with DK ^^

but i hate american voice

Edited by zero

One anime that I'm pretty sure mike will like is called GUNGRAVE. It's awesome, it's a mafia anime mixed with human mutation. Archer, you'd probably like this one too.

Gungrave_01.jpg

don't know it ^^ i will wacth it for see

yes it is but dragon ball still dragon ball a very good manga and anim so i'm agree with DK ^^

but i hate american voice

i never said that it was a bad manga, i actually like it. by the way, i am not a north american, i am a south american guy!

Edited by carloscarlin

lol. the guy who voices goku in the parody sounds alot like the guy who voices him in the English Dub version.

Dragonball Z can not be taken seriously if you watch it with japanese dub. their voices are 3 octaves too high to be able to be convincingly male. the japanese dub is stupid, and so are the japanese names for things and people in the show. english makes it awesome

if your under the impression that all it is is powerups and monolouges then you need to watch the recently released fully uncut HD english dub version. theres the same amount of monolouging and powerups but because its UNcut the amount of action and story content in it outweighs the bullcrap, the reason all of it was cut out is because its too violent for cartoon network. trust me on this, uncut DBZ is really F***ing Brutal

guess I'll have to watch it again. Last time I did was when I was a freshman in high school. Also I don't like that Cartoon Network came out with DBZ before Dragonball. That was a Bulls*** move on their part. Like when you watched the first couple of episodes for the first time, you had to wonder why Picollo was enemies with Goku.

make sure when you do, you watch the full uncut version, it has the old soundtrack from the jap version but with a redone american dub with all the voices from the second half of the sereis so theres no point where you go "wait a minute, i swear vegeta had a canadian accent last episode" hes britishy the whole way through now.

they did DBZ before dragonball probably because it was more popular in japan, also its more actiony and they probably thought it was more marketable.

not to mention the abundance of sxual humor in dragonball that would have made them not want to screen it. even though they do now

You know what I can't believe, that Steven Ray Blum (who plays Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Kazuma in S-CRY-ed, Jamie in Megas XLR, and Roger in Big-O) is now playing Tom, the robotic host of Toonami. :no:

Have anyone heard of the "Alternate Reality Dragonball Z" fanfic series? It's a parody version of DBZ, and can be found in YouTube.

Well there were great anime that were shown on Toonami (Cartoon Network) which I now have and/or seen again since then, but these were aired about 6-12 years ago.

I'll list them:

1. Tenchi Muyo (this includes Tenchi Universe & Tenchi in Tokyo) *own VHS*

2. Outlaw Star *own DVD*

3. Robotech

4. Gundam Wing

5. Ruronini Kenshin *own DVD*

6. Ronin Warriors

7. Cyborg 009

Edited by Statler

Dragonball Z can not be taken seriously if you watch it with japanese dub. their voices are 3 octaves too high to be able to be convincingly male. the japanese dub is stupid, and so are the japanese names for things and people in the show. english makes it awesome

Yet the voiceovers of the characters are male.

Japanese have their standards for good television according to their culture and the people they really are. For the Japanese, the original Japanese dub is better than the English dub. For us, the English dub is better because of our own standards for good television (we Filipinos are heavily influenced by American culture, so we have the same point of view as you guys).

Seriously, if you try to translate a good work to English, perhaps Philippine comedian shows or Bollywood movies, the English dub would that different compared to the original one. You may even find these dubs ridiculous or something else that makes you say "get out of my favorite channel", or you may find it as an average-level show to watch while the original is actually cooler to the locals of the country where the original came from.

The English dub chose voiceovers to be lower than that of the Japanese to fit with our own standards for good television...and to make it marketable.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

one piece is all kinds of S***

go watch naruto.

and angelo, the alternate reality dbz is not funny at all. watch abridged. ITS SO F***ING FUNNY

Here's a quote from something I said on the Hongfire Forums about Naruto:

I only watched three minutes of naruto and changed the channel as quickly as possible. Geeze I've lasted longer watching BLUES CLUES on NICKjr

And I got 3 rep points from that statement. XD

Edited by Statler

naruto takes a while to get into, the first couple of episodes are really dull.

as iv told you before, you have to watch it in japanese because the english voices are terrible. and you have to get into it, and that requires watching more than a couple episodes

I watched the abridged version :P

Naruto is nice, watchable and fun, but I simply don't get into it.

for see all manga japanese voice is the best

you want goods manga go to see bleach or gundam or code geass and naruto is a good manga but the anim for the shippuuden are too slow

Edited by zero

Naruto and DBZ have some similarities, especially with the usage of the Qi (a.k.a. "life forces" or "spiritual energies" in Japanese culture). In fact, the term "Qi" has been the basis of some works and media, like how the Europeans started the whole "psychic" thing by believing Qi (or psi) to be a spiritual energy released by your astral (your spirit or ghost). I'm not sure if psi/Qi ever exists, but if it does and you happen to be a psychic, hell knows what you can be capable of. Also, you'd rather keep your power secret even from paranormalists.

My Half-Life mod will also be based on paranormal crap, all introduced in a scientific way. It will also have some similarities with media like Heroes, God of War, the movie Push, and even DBZ. Mainly, it will be based from a PS2 game made by Sony. Ghost/Urban legends and folklore like the Bogart/Bogeyman, Bloody Mary, the Vanishing Hitchhiker, and the Philippine "Tik-Tik", will be included in the mod. :D

and angelo, the alternate reality dbz is not funny at all. watch abridged. ITS SO F***ING FUNNY

I know. Just saying it's another parody I found in YouTube. I prefer the abridged version more.

naruto takes a while to get into, the first couple of episodes are really dull.

BELIEVE IT!!!

@Topic in General: I guess this's what you get as an administrator if you say you hate a show that's loved by many.

Sign in to follow this