:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Polo423

Does it run on regular, unleaded gasoline?

id say it runs on petrol on the ground and another power source, maybe mr fusion, while flying

Well Doc blatantly said that the Mr. Fusion only powers the flux capacitor. I'd say Unleaded for both, why else would Texaco be doing so well in the future. Actually we haven't had a Texaco where I live for awhile, it's all Valero, Exxon, and Shell now.

f_vlcsnap3676m_52cb432.png

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

actually he says it powers the time circuits and the flux capacitor, and he doesnt use the word 'only'. so he may have neglected to mention it also powers the flight systems. and i did say "maybe"

I can't wait until the HD version is released on Blu-ray, that way we'd be able to read the signs on the Texaco Station better. Even if it doesn't say what kind of fuel it pumps. I think above the tires, shocks, etc, sign it says Petroleum, but can't be too sure. (actually I think it's something else now)

it wouldnt say petroleum, petroleum is british english

Havoline is a brand of oil by Texaco, mainly 10W-30.

profile_img1_havoline.jpg

Well what do you think it does say. And we spell Petroleum the same way over here in the states. At least I do, and haven't been corrected, even for my Professional Ethics project in College.

no its not the spelling. what we call petroleum, americans call gasoline

I did not know that. But we all know that gasoline is a derivative of Petroleum, not really pure petroleum, since it's distilled, and there's other things added to it like Ethanol, in america anyways. So the sign may be referring to something else. I don't know why, but maybe...

lol. my mistake. what you call gasoline, we call petrol. they are refined from petroleum

Remember I live in Texas, where we are 2nd in the most oil refineries (25) in the world. First is Japan (27), but that's throughout the whole country, as where we're just one state out of fifty in the U.S. And still, we have great air, you know what our primary pollutant is, "OZONE". XD

XD you muppet! Gasoline is petroleum thinned down with an alcohol namely ethanol, so it 1, burns more effectively and 2, produces biggar quantaties of fuel meaning more money to line the pockets of the buisnessmen, it has nothing to do with geo-thermal rocks, but it is made out of dead organisms crushed into a pulp over thousands of years. Radioactive metals are man made from ores that are created in rocks in extream conditions over thousands of years, and 'spliced' apart removing all the unwanted bits and the best bits 'doped' together. B)

Anyway, the sign above Shocks, tires and whatnot it definatly says Havoline ;) not petroleum B)

actually he says it powers the time circuits and the flux capacitor, and he doesnt use the word 'only'. so he may have neglected to mention it also powers the flight systems. and i did say "maybe"

In BTTF3, after Marty rips the fuel line, Doc does specifically say: "No Marty, Mr. Fusion powers only the time circuits and the flux capacitor, the engine runs on ordinary unleaded gasoline, it always has. There won't be another gas station around here until sometime during the next century."

But then again, that might not actually prove anything since at the time, the car was unable to fly, and he didn't mention the flying circuits. But still, the word ONLY was in there.

And LOL Orcgon.

Edited by raybob95

I highly doubt the engine ran on gas. Either A. It ran off of the engines power (highly unlikely), B. It ran off of some other fuel we don't know about, or C. It ran off of Mr. Fusion

it wouldnt say petroleum, petroleum is british english

Here, we call it as either petroleum OR gasoline. Either way, many say it's the same, some say they aren't.

I can't wait until the HD version is released on Blu-ray, that way we'd be able to read the signs on the Texaco Station better. Even if it doesn't say what kind of fuel it pumps. I think above the tires, shocks, etc, sign it says Petroleum, but can't be too sure. (actually I think it's something else now)

Perhaps this would help the argument at hand? I know it's not Blu-ray, but it's the next best thing.

snapshot20090305233736.jpg

Figured I'd help out.

Perhaps this would help the argument at hand? I know it's not Blu-ray, but it's the next best thing.

You fail at quoting pictures.

Figured I'd help out.

All I saw in taht picture related to oil/gas, etc., was Havoline Motor Oil above the back of the car and slightly to the right.

Sign in to follow this