:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mini-Me

Some facts about BttF

I just read some interesting facts about BttF at wikipedia.de.

I already know GS will do a post saying "old" or somehow similar, but even though I'll post it here, 'cause I think that some facts are quite interesting:

• Did you know that the BttF makers used a coffee machine as a guide how MR. Fusion should look like? icon_link.gif *click for photo*
  • If you read „Emmett Lathrop“ backwards, you'll notice it looks/sounds nearly like "Portal Time"
  • Did you know that Doc's forefathers were German :) ? They moved to America and changed their name during the first world war from "von Braun" to "Brown" (sounds nearly the same, except for the R in the English one, it's more pronounced).
  • At first, the timemachine should be a fridge instead of a DeLorean. Robert Zemeckis changed it later on 'cause he thought that children would try to lock themselves in a fridge to timetravel; additionally he wanted the timemachine to be more mobile.
  • Initially (concerning the content of the video) the mall is called "Twin Pines Mall". Later on, after Marty killed a pine by overrunning it, it is called "Lone Pines Mall"
  • After Doc saved the teacher Clara Clayton from falling down the "Clayton Ravine" (in 1855 it was called "Shonash Ravine") and after the train fell down the ravine (the people in Hill Valley thought, that Marty/Clint did it as well) the ravine was called "Eastwood Ravine".
  • The scene in that the train fell down the ravine was made with a (small) model train to save money and to not waste such a beautiful train.

D'you know some similar facts about the film? Then post them in here!

Edited by Mini-Me

the time machine was a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (which was called the DMC-12 because it was originally planned to be marketed at $12,000usd)

Docs mansion in 1955 was The Gamble House and for BTTF3 the crew was invited inside to shoot...and to this day remains the only filming crew for a motion picture to be invited to shoot inside GH...but they turned it down O_o

Docs mansion in 1955 was The Gamble House and for BTTF3 the crew was invited inside to shoot...and to this day remains the only filming crew for a motion picture to be invited to shoot inside GH...but they turned it down O_o

Wasn't it because they would have to do so much re-modeling they decided they would make there own instead?

The delorean in the BTTF films didn't actually time travel! :o Suprising right? :)

But for a real fact about BTTF; I believe they put in a better engine in the delorean cause it is a slow car lol, I'm sure everyone knew that anyway lol.

Isn't most (not all) of this info already on the DVD release as either the Anecdotes (subtitles) or the commentary tracks? :P

The delorean in the BTTF films didn't actually time travel! :o Suprising right? :)

But for a real fact about BTTF; I believe they put in a better engine in the delorean cause it is a slow car lol, I'm sure everyone knew that anyway lol.

Yeah, a porsche engine too I believe.

I'm damn sure that that little tid-bit of information was on an anecdote that popped up while Doc was putting in the plutonium into the chamber and marty was filming it.

Isn't most (not all) of this info already on the DVD release as either the Anecdotes (subtitles) or the commentary tracks? :P

Of course; E.g. the info that they used a model train do I know from the DVD, but I didn't knew about the coffee machine.

Well, you were wrong :o

What? I can't beleive it :P:D

I allready knew some of them. And especially about mr.fusion.

1. The Mr. Fusion is actually the parody of the Krups coffee machine, which is depicted in the photo, just as two/one of the Bobs said (if I remember it right) :lol:

2. Didn't 1955 Doc already explained that to Marty in BTTF3 when Marty asked Doc if there was an Emmett Brown in their family before him back in the 1880's?

The Browns came to America in 1908, and then they were the Von Brauns. My father changed our name in World War I.

3. Seeing the "Lone Pine Mall" on the sign is not that hard to spot in BTTF1, but for some reason many people did miss seeing it :lol:

4. It was shown clearly in BTTF3 that the ravine was renamed as Eastwood Ravine, when Marty arrived at 1985 and made it through the completed bridge. If you looked at the Back to the Future FAQ (click here), you'll know that the Ravine was renamed two times --it was renamed first from Clayton Ravine back to Shonash Ravine when Doc was sent to 1885, where Doc prevented Clara from falling to the ravine, before it was renamed to Eastwood Ravine when Marty followed him to 1885 as "Clint Eastwood".

All of the facts you've mentioned were mentioned in the commentaries of the BTTF DVDs. Most of us here already know all of these stuff.

It was renamed to Eastwood ravine because the ppl of 1885 HV thought that Marty (Clint) died in the train explosion. (ANECDOTES, GOTTA LOVE THEM)

I thought that the Ravine was renamed to Eastwood Ravine because Marty/Clint got rid of Tannen. Oh well, shows what I know :P

It was renamed to Eastwood ravine because the ppl of 1885 HV thought that Marty (Clint) died in the train explosion. (ANECDOTES, GOTTA LOVE THEM)

It's both actually. They knew "Clint Eastwood" was killed when the runaway train he rode fell into the ravine. And in honor of his heroic act against Tannen, they named the ravine Eastwood Ravine. Like Clara, they named the ravine in honor of the person who died in the ravine.

I wonder how the conversation between Doc, Clara, and the rest of the town people went after they told them that "Clint Eastwood" died in the train crash. I think that's the only way the townspeople would know that "Clint" died in the ravine.

-Also explaining the reason why they hijacked the train. Hmm... unanswered questions...

They don't know who stole the train. Doc would of easily said Marty tried stopping the train and died in the process.