Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Grand Theft Auto 5 Announced!

I'll upgrade my PC just to play this game!

The huge mountain in the trailer could be Mt Chiliad...and that was part of SF not LS in San andreas. And those oil things could be in the LV desert....and yeah, it looks like Tommy Vercetti

I've been playing San Andreas for a long time -- and I mean as long as from 2005 up until today -- and I can tell you that it's neither Los Santos nor San Fierro. It's outside both cities, or rather in between them. :P

Well anyway, so far in the trailer we can be sure that it will be Los Santos and the surrounding countryside with the Vinewood sign, the very familiar-looking beach, Mount Chiliad, and the sprayed crops in what seems to be Flint county (finally, there are actually crops growing on there, LOL). And while I still think San Fierro and Las Venturas may mean a lot of work (without seriously screwing up some or most of the story and missions, among others), it would definitely rock if they actually do it.

More importantly, it had a fighter jet that actually looked faster than 160 or so mph all aircraft in SA were limited to

Smh, Rockstar has never reused a protagonist. Why would they start now? Especially since this is a new story arc.

Don't know why I decided to post this now, but I did.

Edited by ELBdelorean

Hmmm, I was wondering and looking @ the details of the GTA V Trailer and found at the very beginning a sign refering to The Pleasure Pier. Then I started up me good old GTA San Andreas, because that picture on there made me remind of an other very familiar pier like that and I came up with this:

TheSamePier.png

As the diehard gta fans know, this pier doesn't contain a rollercoaster while the one in the new trailer does, so that's a bit awkward. But as we know, this story seems to be placed after the story of CJ because in the trailer there are several places who've been build already while the ones in San Andreas aren't ready yet.

But to get back to the pier, perhaps they builded this rollercoaster on it to get some more publicity since you could still see the observatory way up on the hill in the same picture.

And now about the main voice: I don't think it's Ray Liotta, his voice sounds a little bit higher with a little tweak at the end. We might even have a new voice character who we never have heard before in the total GTA-Series.

And talking about Ray Liotta, normally Rockstar would already have voiced the most of the maincharacters voice at the time of the first Trailer. Well since Ray Liotta was working on: The Son of No One (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535612/), which released on 4 november this year, meaning Ray Liotta being @ the great opening of that movie down in the USA. Which makes it a little bit impossible for him to be @ Rockstar in the time between of that.

So yeah, correct me if I am wrong but those are the facts I found on the interwebs and a little bit of roaming inside of the newly released clip of GTA IV. Share me your guys thoughts, I would love to read them ^_^!

EDIT: I'm still figuring out where they've taken that shot since the observatory is at a really weird angle, it can't be from one of the piers, because the observatory won't be almost straight behind it. It can't be from the side of the airport, because there's no beach on that side.

EDIT 2: Oke, that shot seems to be impossible in GTA San Andreas, it's not possible to have a beach on the left side of the pier and the observatory almost in the middle of that shot. Seems like they've rebuilded San Andreas again without looking at the old one. Strange though since that's not their policy.......

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

It probably been redesigned. liberty City in GTA IV only has a passing resemblance to LC in GTAIII

Smh, Rockstar has never reused a protagonist. Why would they start now?

GTA II had Claude Speed ("voiced" and played in the promotional and intro video by Scott Maslen) and GTA III had Claude (also voiced by Scott Maslen).

As the diehard gta fans know, this pier doesn't contain a rollercoaster while the one in the new trailer does, so that's a bit awkward. But as we know, this story seems to be placed after the story of CJ because in the trailer there are several places who've been build already while the ones in San Andreas aren't ready yet.

If there'll be a roller coaster, then it's basically an expansion of the original pier, which featured only a Ferris wheel. Nothing "awkward" to me.

And note that "GTA: San Andreas" took place in the '90's. GTA V is about a more recent Los Santos, or a "re-imagined, present-day Southern California" as Rockstar said in their site.

That's enough time for businessmen and other rich people to take over Los Santos -- thus the car manufacturer Brute's oil pumps around the city, the new golf course (which probably an expansion of the original tennis courts), the possibly larger Pleasure Pier, people slumming under a bridge, the banknote-looking "V" in the logo, and the story's focus on "the pursuit of the almighty dollar."

I'm definitely looking forward to this game. And it's not just the larger map, but also Sam Houser himself describing it as a "radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe" and also Take-Two calling it "a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer" which may mean an almost entirely new and unique GTA game that's probably cooler than all other previous games combined. Crossing my fingers. :D

Yes that's what I basically meaned: Points @ his own highlighted quote:

....But as we know, this story seems to be placed after the story of CJ because in the trailer there are several places who've been build already while the ones in San Andreas aren't ready yet.....

But then again, like I said the angle of the picture ain't corresponding with San Andreas as it's now. The observatory is @ the right side of the pier and not way behind it in the middle. I know they've also moved the airport in GTA IV, but the dam's almost at the same place so yeah, it's possible, but still really awkward because those 2 are 2 main icon's in the GTA San Andreas Universe. :/

I'm also looking forward to this, although I know my computer won't handle it at all I'm afraid. It couldn't run GTA IV as it should, so GTA V's gonna be even harder.....

Perhaps it's time to collect money so I can buy me a new computer :/

It's a lighthouse, not an observatory. :P

It makes sense, though, that it should be where the yacht harbor is because the two are originally a little too far away from each other (assuming that yacht harbor also serves as a dock).

So either they really moved it, or it's a different building, or the original is replaced with a new one which is now in the middle, or it's just the poster that has the lighthouse in the middle. To me, the 2nd and last are most likely, telling from Santa Monica Pier from which the yacht harbor / Pleasure Pier is based, but we'll have to see.

I wasn't talking about the lighthouse, I was talking about the observatory: Points @ the now also black rounded picture:

thisobservatory.png

Which is this one in the present San andreas:

Observatory.jpg

Which is, looking from the seepoint of view just like in the newly trailer, not in the middle of the shot but more to the right. Do you now know what I mean?

EDIT: Seems like they only put Los Santos in and skip the rest of it(Las Venturas, San Fiero etc.) hmmm, well I must say they shrink the map that way though :/ But yeah, GTA IV isn't that big eighter, but really, really crowded that is..... But then again, they promise something big so.... Hmmm, we would see how it turns out, no?

LOL. I see. You should've pointed that one earlier. :lol:

By the looks of it, it could be the result of making Los Santos larger. Either the observatory adjusted to the North, or the beach and pier are adjusted to the south. It could be a sign that we're going to have a much different and perhaps larger version of Los Santos.

EDIT: Here's a cool and well-done scene-by-scene analysis of the trailer by iGTA5.com. They seem to have spotted pretty much everything we should've seen or recognized in the trailer -- names, brands, places, vehicles, planes, the "San Andreas" license plate, peds and their clothing/tattoos/animations/interactions, what the homeless man's sign said, the "Glory Hole" store, etc.

http://www.igta5.com/gta-5-trailer-analysis-scene-by-scene

Interesting fact, I can't remember where I read it, but it was said that a past GTA Character will being working alongside you for a few missions.

*edit*

One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32520...n-liberty-city/

*Another Edit*

It would seem the Tractor-Trailer is back as well :)

I'm just trying to play GTA IV online with Pantherclaws, and I am again confirmed that it is the worst game Rockstargames has made so far.

Agree! Where's the fun gone? They only made it more realistic without keeping the good ol' GTA fun. (thinks of the times he drived down the town with a tank trying to avoid the cops) + Why coop. with windows games? I don't want to go online that often, so just skip it and make it a add-on or something.(and more easy to mod please!)

Download the mod that makes car have realistic damage. Missions will become practicaly impossible but you can have some great Burnout style crashes :D

Sign in to follow this