:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

If you haven't bought Minecraft yet, you are now in luck.

Notch, the creator of Minecraft, released a demo with help with PC Gamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/19/download...raft-demo/ ]Download the Minecraft demo

Evan Lahti | News | 19/04/2011 19:12pm 44 Comments

Minecraft now has a demo. Procrastinating excavators: you no longer have an excuse for skipping our favorite open-world game. Better yet, it has branded cows that Notch made for us. Keep in mind that these animals are specially-programmed to act as voodoo cows: when you punch them, each PC Gamer editor feels a mild thud in their chest. Be gentle.

Click in for the download link.

Download the Minecraft demo (4MB) here.

The demo is generous: every tool, mineral and item is accessible, and you can dig, frolic, and build in your world for 90 minutes before it “locks” and becomes uneditable. You can create as many new worlds as you’d like. Let us know what you’re making–send us a screenshot of your demo world to letters@pcgamer.com.

Subscribers to PC Gamer US can grab the demo off the disc bundled with Issue 214.

portal-minecraft-demo-disc-590x428.jpg

minecraft-demo-pc-gamer-590x347.jpg

What have you done! All those posts deleted... :cry:

Looks like we'll have to start again :D

If you haven't played minecraft yet, I suggest you DON'T DL the demo, it'll ruin your life! :(

Get out while you still can!!! :unsure:

Edited by Orgcon

Awwwww

Anyways demo :D

Also on the survival Island Map :D

2s788qw.png

Edit: Fail at demo version XD

Edited by TheCoolest2

What have you done! All those posts deleted... :cry:

Accidents happen...

I wonder if one is able to use the launcher of the PC Gamer Demo to start the full game for offline playing without any login prompt.

Perfect seed for huge forest area (You spawn on sand, the walk for 5 seconds and see forest

The seed: I'm the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousand's microprocessor, K I T T for easy reference, K.I.T.T. if you prefer

I might have someone wrong here, like it might suppose to be K.I.T.T

Ok can someone help me, I got through minecraft site with a proxy, what is that telling me? Is minecraft blocked? PLease help, I'm using fly proxy

Minecraft have just got their payback from Valve for the Team Fortress mockery in the 1.5 Easter update.

Valve has just released a T-Shirt that mocks the "3 Creeper Moon" T-shirt in the minecraft merch section.

Minecraft's Merch;

ThreeCreeperMoon.png

Valve's new merch;

042411_three_turret_moon_t_shirt_1.jpg

Edited by Orgcon

Hope Notch kicks there behinds lol

Edited by TheCoolest2

rsygih.png

Tornado damage in my classic server :D

Everyone survived as they made underground shelters, it was fun :D

Am I the only one here XD

1.6 officially has a release date of “not soon”. The main features will be the maps, bug fixes, and now a functioning Nether in multiplayer.

Nether. In smp. Fun!

My friends were looking at my phone on the coach bus to a science museum. Well new friends were like OMG what th- *boom* you play minecraft :o :o

Edit: Servers up http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=5...6ff5c3326fe3ddf

Edited by TheCoolest2

Nether. In smp. Fun!

Yes it is. With the help of some mod's, Mini-Me already added a working nether to our minecraft server.

Yeah, but that caused some problems though xD For somehow I couldn't build after the addition but that was a typo in the word: Builders xD

I haven't played minecraft since I spent 2 hours trying to ride a pig off a cliff. A passive mob 'startle' function needs to be added <_<

Edited by Orgcon

Yeah! Minecraft.net's down and minecraft itself aswell :S atleast I can't get on multiplayer and not on the site >.< Perhaps a new update???

Go to the .minecraft folder, go to bin, open the minecraft.jar, go to title folder, then open splashes, I put bananas!!! :D as one of them, waiting for it to pop up :D

Woot, I can finally play on 'Fancy' settings again no more of that annoying 'java update 24' crashing bollocks!!!

Now if only I could only get the grass to look natural in all areas instead of nearly yellow in wet areas, nearly Red in dry and nearly blue in the snow biomes!

Stupid Notch's uneditable grass shading bullcrap!!! <_<

EDIT: Well its safe to say that playing with OpenGL on is cool when you're standing still or taking screenshots.

But as soon as you move its starts getting overwelmed with the amount of data it has to occul, walking is fine if you don't mind chunks dissapearing and reappearing in a flash every so often.

Travelling in minecart on the otherhand, is like watching a powerpoint presentation, even with a powerful computer!!! :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

Woop! Its no longer block, if you have this problem go here

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.ph...252452#p3565592

I tried a cracked launcher before in my PC to see how it's different from the original. It was made by some "AnjoCaido" guy, and I say he's pretty smart. He was able to design a launcher that doesn't require blocking the site and can download the game's files from the Net though as if I'm logged-in. In fact, also, if you try putting in an existing legit account (the login screen only asks for the account name, without the password) you'll get that guy's skin, among other things. A friend, whom I got the launcher from, tried logging in as "Notch" and got Notch's skin and even the ability to drop an Apple upon death. Still playing it safe, though, and sticked with the original launcher and my uncle's account (which I only use for downloading the files anyway, I rarely play multiplayer).

Valve has just released a T-Shirt that mocks the "3 Creeper Moon" T-shirt in the minecraft merch section.

Oh wow. I'm not even sure if that "mockery" was mockery enough to offend Valve. But I say that's a lamer mockery they (Valve) made there.

If the above post is regarding pirate versions of MC, what kind of f***ing cheap ass can't afford €15?!

If the above post is regarding pirate versions of MC, what kind of f***ing cheap ass can't afford €15?!

LOL. I dunno. Ask my friend. Yeah, the launcher is kind of pirated. I was just simply marveled by whoever made the launcher.

Sign in to follow this