Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
the1upDude

If you had a DeLorean...

Side Question. You May Select a "HOW MANY:" and a "WHAT FOR:" answer.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the BTTF1 DeLorean and only able to travel a limited number of times, how MANY would you spend the time travels?

• Travel using all of the Plutonium
    • Travel only a few times then come back.
    • Destroy the TM and get rid of the plutonium.
    • Use them all for experiments.
  2. 2. If you had the BTTF1 DeLorean and only able to travel a limited number of times, WHAT would you spend the time travels?

• Prevent certain disasters, personal or world-wide.
    • Personal gain.
    • See the future.
    • Do what in Doc's vision.

Found You A Project Two Car Mike....

http://www.rearviewed.com/wp-content/uploa...rd-delorean.jpg it needs a lot of love that's for sure but it might need a little to much...

I don't think a stainless steel car should rust, unless it was made of something else during early/late production.

Hey Mike, I was wondering how'd you fund to get your DeLorean? Taking late hours at a job or something?

The frame of the DeLorean is Mild Steel, as are other components on the car.

How did I fund it? 10 year's of saving.

The frame of the DeLorean is Mild Steel, as are other components on the car.

How did I fund it? 10 year's of saving.

thats how i got a psp caz i don't have a job it took me 2 years of saving literally pennys around the house to make 100$

and i'm doing it again now starting today to get an OQO. XD 300$

If given the chance, I would definitely make it into a BTTF1 De Lorean replica (the BTTF1 version is my most favorite version). I prolly also have it in black. Black's my favorite, too. :P

If it is a DeLorean Time Machine, however... Nah. I'd just set the time circuits to at least 30 years to the future and blast myself out of here.

me if i got a delorean i would go on ebay and find one with a engine thats reached the end of its live for cheapness and then find a better engine online, (one that would work with it) maybe even if it meant buying a car in which the only thing that works is the engine just for its engine.

Why do you guys think the original engine is a piece of junk? It really isn't, I can only assume that you have never bothered to take the time to properly research it.

There is nothing wrong with the PRV - Renault went on to use it in the Alpine GTA, which was available with a 276bhp PRV engine. Had it not been for the crippling catalytic converter that was strapped to the PRV in the DeLorean, then it would have pushed out an easy 160/170bhp which would have been very respectable for the time. It's one of the reasons fitting a Cat bypass pipe is a must do mod for any DeLorean owner in the UK, and/or fitting a complete stainless steel exhaust system, which is one of the things on the todo list for my car.

It would be more fun to take a 1969 ford mustang and build a time machine out of that.....

Edited by Rave

Mike is right, the prv v-6 isn't a bad engine, Any 30 year old car that has taken abuse and had a lack of service is GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS. I mean, shoot... a car that is 30 years old is GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS even if it is not abused... My DeLorean is was built in august 81, it has a little over 20,000 miles, heh... I have found through experience with my DeLorean, that just because it has low miles, does not mean it is still mechanically "like new". A car that sits, can have just as many if not MORE problems then one that has been driven regularly. So honestly if I were to buy another DeLorean... in 30 years ALOT can happen on the inside that has to be checked. Hoses, belts, anything rubber will dry rot (especially where I live.) Gasoline has the tendancy to start to turn into a resin after a month of setting. That means, the fuel pump could fail. this happens on EVERY car that is old and sits.. doesnt matter if its a Pontiac GTO or a ferrari.. believe me.. it happens. So to say that all delorean engines are unreliable, and crappy.. is innacurate. Now if you put a ford engine in it.. (then it is a disgrace, and a terrible car, I'd rather put a honda goldwing motorcycle engine in a delorean than a ford engine) J/K :lol:

if i had a delorean, depending on how much i have i would either keep it stock or make it into a bttf one. though i have always wondered, are movie replicas street legal? do they pass inspection? also if your state requires licence plates on the front of the car that takes alot out of even a regular delorean.

Sign in to follow this