Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
the1upDude

If you had a DeLorean...

Side Question. You May Select a "HOW MANY:" and a "WHAT FOR:" answer.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you had the BTTF1 DeLorean and only able to travel a limited number of times, how MANY would you spend the time travels?

• Travel using all of the Plutonium
    • Travel only a few times then come back.
    • Destroy the TM and get rid of the plutonium.
    • Use them all for experiments.
  2. 2. If you had the BTTF1 DeLorean and only able to travel a limited number of times, WHAT would you spend the time travels?

• Prevent certain disasters, personal or world-wide.
    • Personal gain.
    • See the future.
    • Do what in Doc's vision.

If you had a DeLorean, what would you do to improve/change it?

If I were to at least get one, I would make it entirely black (in reference to bananas.), change its engine to make it actually go beyond 90 mph, and of course, make it into a replica.

Basically it would look like this:

NewModelDeLOKITT.jpg

Credit to Microman who remade the bananas. for GTA SA.

For those who want to share their thoughts simply state what you think or might do to a DeLorean or reply to someone else's post with your ideas.

Side note, I was wondering why when you type in bananas. without the periods you get "bannanas" or with "DeLo" and "KITT" as one word bridged by a dash you get "peanuts". If anyone knows that'd be great.

gary-cole-office-space-pic-4.jpg

Edited by the1upDude

The bananas is because when the model/idea originally was shown to public, everyone went insane and kept asking about it, or at least I think it's what happened.

If I had a DeLorean, I'd most probably put it on a display and maybe drive it once a month. It's not really a car I'd love to have, all those interesting and original ideas they put (or at least tried to) in the car just made it worse when it came to performance.

change its engine to make it actually go beyond 90 mph

Stock engine with just a stainless steel freeflow exhaust, top speed 135MPH GPS confirmed. But screw going that speed in a DeLorean.

top speed 135MPH GPS confirmed

In Forza 3 I bought the DeLorean and reached that speed. Interestingly, it has a good acceleration, but nothing like in the mod.

I remember there was a topic like a month ago asking if anyone could change the speed/acceleration of the DeLorean and TMs in the mod. I did try to change them, but it ended up having the DeLorean use too much space for time travel. Ex: The entire stretch of land from the clocktower beyond the wall that is parallel to it nearby the army base.

Edited by the1upDude

i would if i had enough money left over from buying a delorean.i would buy time machine replica parts and put them on or have them put on it. then it would ether look like the part 3 delorean with big wheels or part 2 and drive it around for show & stop for people to get pictures with it and so on.

I was thinking about this last night....

Like, I'm a die hard BTTF fan...but I dunno as to whether I'd want to mess up such a great car with putting a bunch of junk on it. =P

Maybe after driving it around for a couple of years as a daily driver, and the like, I might put in a few interior things....

make it to bttf 1 delorean

Just as I would do as well.

I always liked the first DeLorean, it requiring a limited energy source made you wonder what would you do with 12 pellets of plutonium.

SIDE QUESTION:

If you had the BTTF1 DeLorean and only able to travel a limited number of times, how many and/or how would you spend the time travels? (I don't know how else to word the question. :D )

There was a topic on this a while ago, I think.

Answer remains, travel to a distant future and destroy the time machine.

I would have to buy 2 deloreans like Mike might.

My original intention was to convert the one I just bought, but after seeing it in the metal there is no way I can start drilling holes into it, it's too nice of an example to convert to a Part 1 car. So the search is on for DeLorean number two, which has to be a project car, if it's a car that is in need of a lot of love to get it back looking decent again then I would be a lot more comfortable drilling holes into.

My original intention was to convert the one I just bought, but after seeing it in the metal there is no way I can start drilling holes into it, it's too nice of an example to convert to a Part 1 car.

I'm surprised that you actually bought a DeLorean (even though I saw the video on YouTube before)

and good idea not changing what is an AWESOME car.

Sooooo what variation of the BTTF1 DeLorean are you going to recreate?

*Insert corny/dumb BTTF joke/reference here*

He probably wants the Hook variation. Except he would be laughed at cause that LONG rod on the car may be seen as compensation :P

Mike has a DeLorean? That's awesome!

Sooooo what variation of the BTTF1 DeLorean are you going to recreate?
I want the version from the Twin Pines mall scene, it's the one that looks the best in my opinion. But first I need to find a suitable project car as there is no way I'm going to convert a perfectly good stock DeLorean.

Mike has a DeLorean?
I do, and so does another member of the forum...

Del88?

I remember when he used to be around. =[

He probably wants the Hook variation. Except he would be laughed at cause that LONG rod on the car may be seen as compensation :P

wouldn't that violate traffic laws :mellow: as you can not have anything longer then 3 inches sticking out of the left,right, or back of the car? <_<

Meh, I believe anything that has a license plate can go on roads in Britain :P

So the search is on for DeLorean number two, which has to be a project car, if it's a car that is in need of a lot of love to get it back looking decent again then I would be a lot more comfortable drilling holes into.
Found You A Project Two Car Mike....

junkyard-delorean.jpg it needs a lot of love that's for sure but it might need a little to much...

I'll lay down some requirements then.

Must be complete, i.e. have all it's panel's, dents etc can be fixed.

Manual transmission

Grey interior

Grooved hood (no gas flap)

Early style door pull straps

Preferably an a VIN built in Oct 81

ok then mike here's you one its not Oct 81 but it is Nov 81. it has a few problems but im sure you can repair them. Its Up For Bid Thou. It Has 0 Bidder And Has 1 day 10 hours Left On Bidding.

th_1981DeloreanForMike.jpg

Is A Manual Transmission.

Has Grey Interior.

Things That Need Repaired:

What the car will need:

-Parking brake repair

-AC switch repair (it was working fine but the switch broke and will not turn on now)

-Engine tune up

-Some engine parts (Full throttle switch, throttle spring, coolant bottle, spark plugs ect)

-Some interior refurbishing

-Optional fiberglass repair in trunk area (up to owners descrection. With the carpet in you can't see where it was repaired)

-Tranny and motor mounts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-De...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Sign in to follow this