Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
caio492

88 more difficult

The car can go faster than 88 too; so it's a bad idea to limit it solely to it.

you dont get it do you.... :facepalm:

the cars speed DOES NOT change, it is simply an ILLUSION of the SPEEDOMETER.

E.G. when you are actually going 80 mph, your speedometer is reading 88, and as your cars speed heads from 80 to 88, the speedo does not go up, if the cars speed drops below 80 (it will blow up...LOL Jokes) the speedo starts droping below 88, but the speedo will never go over 88...get it?...got it?....GOOD.

I don't see how that improves things. You'll run into people going 87 88! *hits wall* what th- *boom* I WAS AT 88 MOTHER f***ing s**t *rage shut down*.

Well i guess your gonna have to be even more skilled when timing the temporal displacement jump before you hit something! :lol:, as i said before, making these speedo changes does not change the cars performance in any way, it just gives the illusion through the speedo that the effects start at a higher speed thats all, at full acceleration, the Time Machine takes approx. 3 and a bit seconds to time travel if you start timing when the effects start, so when the effects start, start from 0 and count to 3, and by then you've time traveled.

besides stopping the speedo at 88 takes coding space, aka coding space needs saving.

You cant be serious???....

it cant take up that much coding space, its probably just a tiny code like:

IF

SPEEDMULTI >= 88

THEN

SHOW SPEEDO = 88

(which is saying if the speed of the cars MULTIPLYER, NOT the car speed itself, is bigger or equal to 88, then show 88 on the speedo, BTW this is definatly not an actual code you use in SCM, i am trying to prove a point of how little coding space it uses, i'm sure you would agree right?)

Edited by BTTF Forever

There you go. You are in fact very correct in your example, BTTF Forever. I myself have done a similar code.

ZIERO! :woot_jump:

man its been a while, i thought someone would respond but id never thoght you would!

how are you, been working on any cool mods lately?

And to Grim Reaper....i mean this with the greatest respect....HAHAHA!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!! AND YOU WERE WRONG!!!!... NA LOL Jokes, its all good. :lol:

Edited by BTTF Forever

People need to stop using "it saves coding space" as an excuse. Something tiny as this doesn't matter. The really big stuff is what matters, like entirely new features, not mods of current ones.

And if you want even more rage wondering when you'll time travel, try it on sand. Might be stuck at 88 for quite a while.

you dont get it do you.... :facepalm:

E.G. when you are actually going 80 mph, your speedometer is reading 88, and as your cars speed heads from 80 to 88, the speedo does not go up, if the cars speed drops below 80 (it will blow up...LOL Jokes) the speedo starts droping below 88, but the speedo will never go over 88...get it?...got it?....GOOD.

Wow... that was almost impossible to read.

You're right; I don't get it; mostly because it makes no sense whatsoever.

It was suggested a few times before, guess what happened

If so, can the code be made for the speedo to go ABOVE 88 when the time circuits are off?

So why did you have make a place for requests and all the requests we have done the reply was 'no' or 'it takes much coding space' or 'it will slow down the release of 0.2f' (because the release of 0.2f is already slowed down becuase it have taked more than a year)

please sorry guys I have to tell that

It's taken more than 2 years, if you count starting with the release of 0.2e...

I guess the reason why most of the answers are negative is because there's nothing much left to suggest that hasn't been figured out already

The whole idea makes no sense.

The Delorean is still a functioning sports car, you immediately time travel in game once you hit 88, and if the car is empty, you glow, but don't jump. Why does THAT need to stop at 88?

It's completely pointless in every sense.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

So why did you have make a place for requests and all the requests we have done the reply was 'no' or 'it takes much coding space' or 'it will slow down the release of 0.2f' (because the release of 0.2f is already slowed down becuase it have taked more than a year)

please sorry guys I have to tell that

because sometimes there might be requests that are actually good and we would want to use them. Unfortunately, most of them are the circlejerking type of requests on stuff thats already in but people want to change it. I however, have not seen a good requests since the pre-0.2d days.

Well blue, with all respect to you guys, I'm sure I had a good request about the hover boards floating on water. I came up with a code(not sure if it'll work) that may change the thought of the idea of floating on water with a hover board but still falling in with out it. I kinda think you guys ignored it, BUT then again I don't blame you guys due to my pointless and stupid topics in the past. In case you guys haven't looked at it please check here:

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...c=3389&st=0

It actually has a point this time, I'm sure.

Its not a good request. Its an ok request. I've actually seen it before. You won't believe how many requests are repeats of old ones. Never bothered with it because the fix was a handling line change. I believe for bikes, it is at 99, but just change it to like 5 and it'll float. Such a trivial thing is not that good of a request, and it does not impact gameplay much.

Your right, but the only reason I came up with(or attempted to) a code was because I was told you can't make it float. I think it was archer who told me this.