Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Carlos_McFly

My games lags for time lapses part 3

Now I have an Nvidia geforce 210 with 1 GB memory and my games still lag. For example, I was playing NFS Carbon. In game, my FPS are between 35 and 43. But after a few minutes, it drops to 9 or 12 FPS. Then, it back up to 43 FPS, and drops again, back up again, drops again, etc, what th- *boom*!!! I don't know what is the problem.

Edited by Carlos_McFly

ram, processor...

some specs would be nice

Edited by Rave

Intel Pentium 4 3.00 GHz (used for 4 years)

RAM: 1 GB

Win XP SP3

Nvidia geforce 210 with 1 GB

Edited by Carlos_McFly

They just had a sale on RAM as well in december you just missed it, all RAM was reduced to rediculas prices like 4GB of Corsair RAM DDR2 for 1/4 of the original price and DDR3 for 1/2 the original price.

I had the same problem you're having with nearly identical specs. I ended up building a budget computer, no problems now! You might be able to get more ram, and download the program that will make your FSB faster, if you aren't in the market for a new PC.

You might be able to get more ram, and download the program that will make your FSB faster, if you aren't in the market for a new PC.

You mean, OVERCLOCK?

coolings important as well in gta iv i made loads of difference i have a nvidia 9600 gt 512 mb and gta iv was lagging then i put in a case fan and volia it stopped lagging. but keep in mind i have 4 gb of ddr2 ram and a athlon 64 x2 6000+ 3.1ghz dual core processor so they didn't need replacing wheras it might be best if you at least upgrade you memory, check the type it is though don't go out and buy ddr 2 for a ddr computer (to check the type open your pc case and it should say on the sticker on the memory stick.

When i'm playing, CPU's temperature reaches 60º C and CPU usage (in Task Manager, when the game is lagging), reaches 80%, after that, it drops to 55 or 60%

You mean, OVERCLOCK?

Yeah overclock. I have an old Dell, and the settings don't allow you to overclock the CPU directly, so I downloaded a program to raise the speed of the FSB. Then of course you'll need to get a better cooler on your CPU, etc. Better off building a new PC that can at least support a dual-core processor if you want to correct the problem for good. Then again, you might be able to get away with just adding ram.

well motherboards are cheap so you could easily just buy a new motherboard with a proccessor(make sure that it is the right chipset for your mobo). and memory make sure that the motherboard has the correct graphics slot for your graphics card.

Sign in to follow this