Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kocher

HDR Time Machine

Hey guy's I was looking at this thing called an HDR a.k.a. a hyper dimensional resonator, supposedly a time machine. http://www.hdrusers.com/Steven_Gibbs_HDR.htm

It's very interesting, people claimed to have gotten it to work, but idk since I haven't tried it yet. It's still fascinating though.what do you guys think? Try to research it more, I'm sure you'll be fascinated to.

I say fake and all time travel is fake cause time inst real its a man made thing

The Egyptians made it, they made the 12 months, days, years, hours, minutes, because they wanted to know when the Nile River will flood providing the only life in Egypt right next to the Nile, so it isn't possible case closed

According to relativity (which has been pretty much proven) it is possible to time travel, but only into the future. The closer to the speed of light you get, the slower time moves for you in comparison to the rest of the universe.

Exactly but it shouldn't be called Time Travel since Time isn't a real object, Egyptians made it, so its not real like the planets and stars, the name should be changed, @Kocher, the thing i said to you is exactly what Joe wrote.

There is a theory that alternate realities (universes in the multiverse) that were created after ours, are exactly the same as ours in every way, except for the date. Meaning if it's October 13th in our universe, it's October 12th in the other. So to see history you would have to travel to that alternate reality which is currently experiencing an earlier date. Thing is changes that happen in that reality wouldn't affect ours; meaning no possibility of a paradox happening.

This theory was popularized (but changed) in the Michael Crichton book Timeline. The change was that there is a law in the multiverse that if you changed something in another universe, the change happens in your universe. This is because a version of yourself in a "future" universe came and changed your universe's history.

Edited by Joe Statler

@ joe statler: exactly, there are many theory's that state being able to travel to the past is possible. Yes, I have studied the theories. One theory that you didn't mention is that time is a loop, or a circle. when you go so far into that loop you can basicly can end up in a point that is located behind your original destination there for it's the past. I never think of time travel as impossible because we human beings only understand so little.

The theory you mentioned is old (not outdated). If you have been watching the new episodes of FUTURAMA you'll notice that it's even used in one of the episodes. The theory you mentioned has been around (to the general public) since the early 60s and I assume that most of the people on this board already know about it.

Edited by Joe Statler

Wait, he said he traveled to the future, which is implied to be Earth 2007. He said the planet is devastated by a nuclear holocaust. Errrm....

hmmmm I have a few ideas on what could explain this. well first off imaster, what exactly implies that he's talking about 2007? Maybe that number was the year that guy posted it. The #1 thing that comes to mind is that this guy is a phsyco or a liar. The second thing that comes to mind is, maybe that was the future of another universe instead of ours. What really makes me wonder is the fact that if this guy was refering to 2007, why would he be so certain? If he was purposely lying, why would he lie about something so far out that could never even seem to be likely in a year like 2000. People who lie usually make common sense and ideas about the future a bogus prophecy of some kind. In the year 2000, 2007 would never seem to be like "The planet is devastated by a nuclear holocaust". I also have another idea, like doc said the future is never written and it can be changed. What if just enough people read that post at the time and decided to do all they can to prevent it?

God dammit, multiverse. If in that universe the same technology exists, then it is very close to ours, isn't it? Therefore? We should've at least been on a brink of a nuclear war.

And the multiverse is a bulls**t theory, there is no possible way the same amount of exactly the same matter could exist in the same place, even in different planes of reality.

Edited by iMaster

The multiverse states that every possible out come has, will, and is happening at the same time, so the 2007 the man sees, will, is, and wont happen according to the theory. btw, how can you know weather it's bull s**t or not? You and I are only humans. We did not write the laws of physics, we can only study them. You need to understand anything could be possible when it comes to unknown concepts such as time travel, since it s in fact unknown to man.

Imagine a tree, being inside another tree.

Hey? maybe the universese aren't in the same place? Maybe they are physically separated? Maybe the multiverse isn't 100% physical? How could god never have a beggining? Maybe the multiverse, if it exsists, is one of those things that only god can only explain and know about?

Well if they are, then it explains everything. BUT. The Earth will not have the same geography, the physics will be different, history will different. So it is impossible to see THIS world in ruins. Or you're overwriting it.

I agree with imaster

if you were to time travel you wouldn't be alive as we are made of matter and the vacuum of space is not :D

you see it would suck you into a hole and spit you back out in another time....

Jen do you mean like the movie Deja Vu? where if they send a human back in time they die but however if you get them in time at a hospital they might be-able to revive you.

No it is know that at the speed of light you will be cut to pieces

the fact that even just theoretical time travel works proves the multiverse theory. think about it, if there was only one then surely somone would cause a time paradox and destroy our universe before it even began in one way or another.

there are an infinite number of universes at every single point in time constantly coexisting inside the same space at the same time. its kind of like the whole "planes of existence" idea found in eastern religions.

@ thecoolest: time is a real thing, the part that is man made is the system we use to keep track of it and the way we perceive it

Well I don't believe in it, and don't believe in parallel universes, until I see it, no

flat out denying somthing because the idea scares you or you simply dont want it to be real is not a good way to operate

First of all why would I be scared second I just don't believe it due to religion so too bad

I mean like I think its possible but it will never happen,

Edited by TheCoolest2

Its not allowed to discuss your religion, not to mention a reason

agreed, btw yesterday I was thinking about possibilities to explain the multiverse theory being possible. So here goes. You guy's know how we humans live in a three dimensional world right?But yet, still two dimensions exsist. In the law of the the third dimension(the one we live in) we can only have one object in one place at one time. Two objects can never be in the same exact coordinates. Well let's think about the 4th dimension(the one we can only imagine and don't live in, therefor we don't understand it). The laws of physics in the forth dimension maybe just as different as 2d compared to 3d. So maybe in the 4th dimension, 2 or more objects can be in the same exact place at the same exact time. Thus when one time travels, if possible, they travel in the 4th dimension through time, and when entering there destination of time they instantly are in the 3 dimensional world again. Makes some sense right?

Sign in to follow this