Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
MarkoN

BTTF1 re-entry

hey guys i was wondered in movie when delorean re-entered he turned off, but in game you set random turning off. So is it possible to make when btff1 delorean re-enter he immidieatly dies

Yah theirs no need for that, plus it randomly shut off, so it was a coincidence when it shut off after re-entry probably

When it the engine died when Marty was driving the car, it did not die immediately after time travel, there was a delay before the engine died.

0.2d had the DeLorean die immediately after time travel, however this was changed in 0.2e to be more accurate to the movie.

Also the delorean doesn't die every time. In the first movie when Doc sends Einstein 1 minute into the future when it comes back Marty gets in and the delorean starts first time.

Also the delorean doesn't die every time. In the first movie when Doc sends Einstein 1 minute into the future when it comes back Marty gets in and the delorean starts first time.

It died on reentry. You don't here the engine when it reenters.

@Deloreanbttf

If you are in the car: The De Lorean dies randomly

If you are in RC mode: It dies instantly

I know that happens

Edited by Carlos_McFly

I @Blue I guess thats why the delorean when it re entered didnt keep going, it turned and stopped

it seemed more like on reentry, the emergency brake was applied, and it being a manual transmission, froze the rear wheels and stalled the car. And because its a rear engine, it fishtailed.

Oh ok thanks for the info

Edit:wait if that's the case why didn't it do that on every time travel it can't be just RC mode cus how would the car know it's in RC mode? It doesn't have a mind like KITT does :P

Edited by TheCoolest2

Addendum, could be regular brakes as well at maxiumum force. No ABS brakes for this car. Either way, the car stalls, but if the front tires weren't spinning on reentry, that means the brakes were applied rather than the emergency ones.

And I don't know how cars behave, much less rear engined cars, when they stall at 88 mph, but thats my guess onto why the delorean spun with a dead engine.

Doc probably made it stall and the brakes apply deliberately because if the brakes hadn't applied the car would have ploughed into docs van, Time machine destroyed.

Don't make assumptions if you know very little about cars.

1 the van was no where near the direction of where the delirean was pointed. Doc pulled Marty away from the van.

2 stalling an engine is bad for it. It can easily damage the engine if doe too often and wear out the clutch

3 the way the delorean stopped is uncontrolled. Spinning will cause it to veer off the line with unpredictable results when the wheels are locked. Braking in a straight line will stop the car in a shorter distance given the wheels don't lock

If doc had planned for it, he would have the clutch pushed in while braking (he has that control anyway since the delirean needed to shift gears) to prevent stalling and applied the brakes in a manner so it would stay straight and not lock the wheels.

its a debate, lol. Opinions are meant to be countered, and mine will probably be countered in some way. I'm just listing facts to back up why Doc would not choose to reenter in that manner on purpose. There is no right answer, unless Bob Gale or Robert Zemeckis say so.

As for 1955, it was more of an engine problem with the Delorean rather than a purposeful intervention by Doc. I'm sure he'd like it to keep driving after he time travels.

What if it was a ripple effect form a 1980's car being in 1955? Since the technology didn't exist, it wouldn't work all the time? As far-fetched as that sounds, it's plausible it's existence in 1955 caused some issues.

Meaning it needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end.

its a debate, lol. Opinions are meant to be countered, and mine will probably be countered in some way. I'm just listing facts to back up why Doc would not choose to reenter in that manner on purpose. There is no right answer, unless Bob Gale or Robert Zemeckis say so.

As for 1955, it was more of an engine problem with the Delorean rather than a purposeful intervention by Doc. I'm sure he'd like it to keep driving after he time travels.

well it wasn't engine problem, it was starter, Marty said that.

Meaning it needs some suspension work and shocks. Brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear-end.

Maybe new rings, also mufflers. A little wiring.... :lol:

That prv engine was a piece of crap anyway

And dk, if what you say is true, it would cause huge problems because the flux capacitor is the most sensitive equipment on the car. And then in bttf3, the car would have even bigger problems for being 100 years outatime (excuse the pun)

That prv engine was a piece of crap anyway

The Renault Alpine managed to get some decent performance from the prv.

Sign in to follow this