:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
5dmc1

Alternate maps in one game based on time zones

Mike you said that 0.2f would make its way too gta sa one day , and all there is new in 0.2f is hill valley and bug fixes, nothing about a total conversion.

Ahem. Context, b**ch.

VC maps? If you are referring to the Hill Valley models, then the answer is yes. Everything that is being made for 02f will also find it's way into SA at some stage.

does that mean the other deloreans will eventually make it into sa, like the bttf rr delorean with blues sweet effects and the bttf3 rr del being on the tracks with some code which if off the tracks its harder to manuaver since it is still a car it can turn.

Coolest, don't be so sure about that. Haven't you seen Blue's signature yet? It says "Ex-GTA Modder/Coder".

Blue's minimod no longer has the name blue in it. It'll be picked up by whoever on the team works on SA. I will not be returning to GTA.

Thats sad, cause your great at that, I love the new effects on the delorean in SA nice job

Thanks for the compliment, but still, it's the last you'll see from me in gta. The rest of the team are capable enough to finish the job.

Ok :(

Fail @Grim

Grim----> :chair: <----Blue :P

:facepalm:

Edited by TheCoolest2

I know the point you were trying to make I just didnt have the correct emoticons

Edited by TheCoolest2

who said it had to be another game?

Anyway, what VC and SA really needs for time travel to be a bit more seamless is to load all the models in memory and keep them there, that way the computer doesn't have to load the mesh and textures, and can just render them when needed. Might need a higher end computer to keep it smooth, but should be fine for most computers these days, and was rather evident in a Crysis mod I saw. The problem is the calls that both VC and SA make have to load the model first before plopping them down. I mean, you can save them in memory, but it has horrible memory leaks in that case.

Instead of keeping them in the memory can't you simply dynamically load all the models that are around you (also thinking 4-dimensionally)? And I don't refer to GTA a with this question ;).

that is keeping them in memory. I'm stating all of this assuming that everything is dynamically loading like all of the free roam games these days.

Oh, so you mean to only keep these models in memory that are in your render distance :D. Now I get it. I was afraid you wanted to keep the whole map in memory :s.

However you also only need to keep one time period in memory, exactly that one you're gong to. And if you're not even in a TM or close to a period change by having time pass you can throw them off the memory again.

Makes sense :).

not really. You don't want lag to occur when you change dates, or when close to time travelling because you have to load all these models. The way that VC has it is the best alternative where it loads everything after it fades out, or during the white flash of instant time travel, and I guess this problem only concerns instant time travel, because its not instant if you have to allocate and deallocate memory for models, which could be in the hundreds of megabytes.

Best bet is to have it all loaded, and with computers these days, thats easy to do. This will make the view distance of course a bit more relevant as it determines how many models to load. Works well here with 4 time periods, but for any time travel game with much more, the current way is the best for handling that.