Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

Achievement ideas

I just read through BTTFTempEx' topic and the idea to include achievenents into board and game (on the very last page) and found the suggestions quite amusing, so I thought this deserves an own topic. Feel free to post other BTTF related ones in here.

(This does not mean we collect them for an implementation. Unless some rather big C++-hook project was made, achievements are likely impossible to implement at all.)

[...]

"I've got all the time I want, I've got a Time Machine!" - Read a 50+ page thread or play BTTF:HV for 8 hours without exiting.

"Precisely on schedule!" - Read all the latest news and announcements within 2 minutes of its posting time.

"What's wrong, McFly? Chicken?!" - Report 5 legitimate troll attempts.

"IT WORKS!!!" - Install the game without any assistance from the forum members.

"A suicide will be nice and neat" - Ask an admin for your own suspension.

"Marty, Please, DON'T STAND THERE!!!" - Post a comment on an inactive user's profile page.

"This is what makes time travel possible! The Flux Capacitor." - Get through the tutorial yourself, without requiring assistance from Forum members.

"I need to borrow your... hoverboard?" - Find the hoverboard in-game.

"Something inconspicuous!" - avoid asking for the next release for 6 months.

"Burn it!" - manage to avert a flamewar.

"Look at my hair!" - Dig out a retrospect of your earlier posts and draw an improvement line (must be a user for over 2 years)

"According to the map... there is no bridge" - point out an inconvenience of the development team's plan.

"Give it more gas!" - Completely lose your post count after annoying the moderator team.

"Wow, they cleaned this place out. Looks brand new." - use the Lo-Fi version of the board for 1 week.

"Who do you think?! The Libyans!" - Encounter the Libyans in-game.

"Well, Doc. It's destroyed. Just as you wanted" - Lose the time machine in a head-on collision with another vehicle (could drown or blow it up by enemy gunfire)

"It runs on steam!" - Discover the time train.

"Mr. Fusion®" - Upgrade the time machine from the Plutonium Chamber to Mr. Fusion.

"So... Doc Brown invented a time machine?" - Locate a time machine you lost earlier in the same game session.

"It's a science experiment!" - Carjack a story-important vehicle in-game.

"Mom? Mom, is that you?" - Get busted and get access to another time machine within 3 minutes after respawning.

"Already been there!" - Make 12 travels to 6 different centuries.

"Hi, hi, we're time travelers" - Escape the police by the means of time travel.

"I figured... what the hell." - Get saved from the Libyan attack by the Body Armor.

"It couldn't be simpler." - Re-enact the train-powered time travel.

"Crazy drunk drivers." - Hit a wall upon reentry.

"You disintegrated Einstein!" - Send the Time Machine 1 minute into the future using a remote control.

"OUTATIME" - Send multiple time machines into the same spot in time and space.

"In 1955 it's a bit hard to come by" - Run out of Plutonium in an era where there is none.

"It actually flew?" - Time Travel in mid-air, without using the hover-conversion.

"Don't you people use towels in the future?" - drown the time machine.

"Run for fun?!" - abandon your vehicle and attempt to escape the libyans on foot.

"What kind of future do you call that?!" - Create an alternate reality.

"Flux Capacitor... Fluxing" - Let the engine die after reentry.

"Lets see if you b*****ds can do 90!" - Outrun the Libyans and cause them to crash into a building.

"I'm bringing you home." - Bring a gang member to a foreign timezone.

"I sent him INTO THE FUTURE!" - kidnap a carjacker and send him to the future using the RC mode.

Was writing them in the other thread :P

Edited by iMaster

well, they could be in theory done in the arcade.

88MPH!!!: score 88 points or more on any of the arcade games.

Time Traveler: comment on a 2 year old thread

"You sent me a letter." - Find a time vehicle that hasn't been moved for at least 70 years.

"Nothing's coming to my mind!" - Just stand there for an hour.

"You're not thinking 4 dimensionally!" - Time Travel through a building that is not yet build in your destination era.

"I've got you a little souvenir!" - Pick up an item or weapon from the past and bring it to the future.

"If you're going to make a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?" - Attempt to convert some car other than a DeLorean into a time machine.

"1.21 Gigawatts!" - successfully perform the lightning run.

"Doc is gone!" - Get picked by a bolt of lightning out of the sky.

"It's a board with wheels!" - Use a skateboard in 1955.

"Where it's always morning in America, even in the afternoo-noo-noon." - Visit the town square in 2015.

"Chuck, it's Marvin!" - Listen to Johnny B. Goode in 1955.

"Your future hasn't been written yet!" - Get all your posts grown obsolete by the time limit of the board.

That's all from me for today, folks, would love to see your ideas!

Edited by iMaster

iMaster's ideas are all awesome.

Haven't watched the movies for a long time. Can't think of ideas other than this:

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious sh*t!!!" -- Successfully send a time vehicle to the future via RC towards and close to the player without hurting the player.

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious sh*t!!!" -- Successfully send a time vehicle to the future via RC towards and close to the player without hurting the player.

Hmm don't like that one, that part is when doc is getting ready to send it, maybe it can play that when, when you go in rc mode, if you get it to time travel in rc mode, he should say, WHAT DID I TELL YOU, 88 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only for the bttf 1 delorean though it would get annoying on every delorean

Edited by TheCoolest2

"Where we're going we don't need roads!" - switch the car to hover mode in an era where it doesn't belong.

"I can't lose" - Use time travel to your gain in mini-missions.

"Great Scott!" - Use RC time travel to create multiple instances of the same time machine.

"Save the Clock Tower!" - Crash into the clock tower in any flying vehicle.

"Just try it, Tennan." - Use a future weapon in the past.

"I came back FROM the future!" - Travel back to the time point of your previous departure.

"I'm OLD/YOUNG!!!" - Be there when a DeLorean you were piloting from the inside comes back.

"Silence, Earthling!" - Land the DeLorean on top of an unsuspecting pedestrian.

"It's just all an intense dream!" - Make your first time trip to the date of invention of time travel ;)

"Mister Sandman, Bring me a Dream" - Visit the 1955 time square for the first time.

"What idiot dressed you in that outfit?" - Bring a 20th century attire to 1885.

Edited by iMaster

I told you, they were not BTTF related. Not cool.

"No wonder your president has to be an actor!" - Perform an unique stunt jump.

"Quick! Cover the DeLorean!" - Keep the time machine away from pedestrians for an in-game week.

"Indians!!!" - Perform a temporal displacement right in front of a road block.

"I ripped the fuel line" - Convert the off-roader DeLorean to a Railroad DeLorean.

"I, Doctor Emmet Brown, am about to embark on a historic journey!" - get killed or busted before you have a chance to time travel.

"It's a nice round number." - Travel in time with a set interval of years.

"I think we woke the dead with that blast!" - Destroy vehicle obstacles near the DeLorean to clear it a path.

"You're right, there isn't much left." - Find the Mr. Fusion cap of a blown up DeLorean.

"Eastwood... Clint Eastwood." - Obtain the Wild West attire.

"We have a DeLorean, he'll rip through us like we were tin foil" - Get your flying DeLorean destroyed by any ground vehicle.

"I would've hit that Rolls Royce!" - Avoid a traffic collision while in the Toyota.

"Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?" - Get attacked by a gang while being in a time machine.

"Marty, you're not sleeping, are you?" - Don't pass the tutorial for half an hour.

"All I need is a Pepsi!" - Find Cafe 80's

"The answer's 'no', Griff" - Fight off a gang that attacks you.

"Unless you've got Power!" - Find a Pitbull hoverboard.

"He's an absolute dream!" - Defeat a gang using a skateboard.

"Something very familiar about all this" - Defeat a gang using a hoverboard.

"Brace yourselves for temportal displacement" - have a rough trip through time.

"No this is Hill Valley, although I can't imagine hell being much worse." - Explore 1985A Hill Valley Town Square.

"You're a slacker! You wanna be a slacker for the rest of your life?" - Attempt and fail to time travel three times in a row.

"I've gotta Doubleback, my friend, Doubleback again!" - Return to the same exact destination time twice.

"I OWN the Police!" - lose the heat without using time travel.

"Promise me, that I'll be BACK in TIME!" - Return to your last departure time after an in-game week, without utilizing time travel during the said period.

"Just like your brother Joey!" - Get busted 5 times in 1985A.

"Doc, it's tomorrow's newspaper!" - Travel to one minute before October 27 2015 hits the calendar.

"Who are you calling butthead, butthead" - Cause a gang war.

"Somewhere in the past the timeline skewed into this tension" - Go back in time to prevent the creation of 1985A.

"English, Doc" - Use all variants of the DeLorean.

"Powerlaces, alright!" - Obtain a 2015 outfit.

"Your jacket is dry" - Survive a tide of water.

"Woah, Rock'n'Roll" - Cause a junction with a guitar.

Edited by iMaster

Sorry, already used indians.

Try the "s**t, The cavalry!"

Edited by iMaster

"Did you rip that off?" Successfully steal plutonium from Lybians

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads" Successfully convert your BTTF1 Del into a flying part 2 del

Sorry, used that second one! Try "Goldie Wilson hover conversions"

"The shark still looks fake" - witness the holographic shark in 2015.

Edited by iMaster

"Take that you mutated Son of a B*tch!" - survive getting shot by Old Man Peabody while driving or flying the DeLorean (flying is a reference of the novelization of BTTF 2)

Edited by Joe Statler

Alright, guys, I suggest that we now try to come up with the achievement titles ourselves, but still have them related to BTTF, like.

"Around the 50s and back" - Make a successful return to 1985 from 1955.

"Times and DeLoreans" - Have all the available DeLorean variations in your possession.

"One extra symbol" - Lose the license plate.

You know... now that I think of it, I don't like it that much, but lets try.

Pulling an Ignatowski - Don't do anything whatsoever related to BTTF in game.

"Well Doc, it's destroyed" Destroy the RR delorean by way of Locomotive.

"Marty it runs on steam!" Witness the Time Train

Sorry, already used. With almost exactly the same meanings.

Are you a time lord? - Make 100 travels in any time vehicle within the game.

"Sorry about your barn" - Create havoc by your temporal displacement.

Fluxing - Keep the Time Circuit on for 30 minutes.

Introducing the Macintosh Phone - Bring a piece of far too sophisticated equipment to the 1980s.

Fly me to the Moon - Accelerate the DeLorean to a height of 16.000 feet.

Edited by iMaster

You didn't contribute a single one.

Sign in to follow this