Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Theron

Getting rid of a virus

I need some help. I've been infected with the Tazinga redirecting virus, and it redirects me whenever I try to figure out how to kill it.

Any help would be appreciated- I've scanned before but so far nothing has caught it.

Which malware removers are you using?, have you tried Malwarebytes' Antimalware or Dr. Web Cure-it?

Some viruses close the antimalware process once they've recognized the process name. Helps if you change the name of the executable file.

Dr. Web Cure-it can work while in safe mode, but Malwarebytes can't.

I had a virus (Named Virtumonde) that was known that it cant be removed unless you get a new hardrive, so the Geek Squad from best buy came and removed the hardrive and game me Trend Micro and Spy Sweeper, Trend Micro was rated #1 (Now) and Spy Sweeper is rated 3 now, Trend Micro is for viruses mostly and Spy Sweeper for cookies and what not, anyways on my Laptop Now I had trend Micro Internet Security Pro, It warned me that the virtumonde was coming back in I'm like no way and it blocked it. Then on my desktop it came in before I reactivated my virus software, I activated, boom, to the Quarintine, So I recommend Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and Spy Sweeper, there awesome, Trend Micro as many cool features like Lock Volts!

Info here, Note VIPRE DID NOT WORK IT DIDN"T FIX IT

Edited by TheCoolest2

Trend Micro has never been good for me. It's like Norton: they're the most prestigious, so they're the most attacked as well.

@Coolest: Changing the hard drive?!, I'd have first low-level format my HDD with another PC before changing it due to a virus... A solution too drastic for just an annoying malware.

They couldn't get rid of it and it wasn't just ad's, it was terrible@

Right now I'm scanning with Spybot.

Next, Malwarebytes.

Then, Dr. Web Cure-It!

EDIT: Actually, I stopped spybot and am now using Spy Sweeper.

Edited by Theron

That's a NASTY one :P

The only viruses I encountered were those that start messing with the display data of your Disks :P

coolest a virus can not survive a low level fromatting of a hard disk, as all of the sectors are completed emptied and i think it writes in all zeros on the sectors to destroy the last strands of information.

If it was me, I'd do what Carlos said and just format the PC.

If you want go completely belt and braces at it, then format it, then erase the disk partition, then create a new partition, then format it again, and then install windows.

Well, I've been meaning to get a new computer anyways.

And as for the formatting: I doubt I can actually do that. Regardless of being infected, there's tons of files on here that I want to keep [text files, story ideas, song's I created with my band, etcetc, my music library, etc]

And Spy Sweeper and Malware Antibytes didn't pick up anything except for some "spy cookies"

Edited by Theron

Hey guys, I found a great article out on the internet. It gives some pretty good tips on how to prevent virus and spyware infections. It lists some pretty useful programs as well. This guy says that, using the programs he's listed, he's managed to stay Virus and Spyware-free for two years! Check it out:

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/316111_how-...mputer-for-free

And as for the formatting: I doubt I can actually do that. Regardless of being infected, there's tons of files on here that I want to keep...

You can always transfer all that to an external HDD or burn the files on lots of DVDs.

Formatting is always the last resource.

I had a similar instance happen to me, my old PC got infected and I lost alot of very important files, had to way to back them up... ish happens I guess.

It would help to know the infected file. Then on Mac, for instance, you simply exclude the file and all of the files associated with it in the backup. Then format the disk and restore from Time Machine, or even simpler - back up from the last known uninfected backup, in case you were keeping them up to date. Angelo said there is something similar on Windows.

I know it's a HOST file or something of that kind.

I can't read up on anything Tazinga- it instantly redirects me.

In terms of Virus detecting and removing I can only suggest Kaspersky Anti Virus (or even the full Internet Security package, which is what I have), but it's heuristic search (or however this constantly checking any fileaction search is called) can slow down you PC quite a lot.

However as long as I used Anti-Virus software I never got infected, so I dunno if any was effective or if I was just avoiding the bad spots/lucky :D.

Sign in to follow this