Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Technology you're waiting for

It already is happening. People drift farther from each other with the rise of internet messaging.

And some people live in the f***ing Farmville.

Not really "far away" if you ask me. This is why the internet exists after all, to make people closer instead of the other way around. Yeah they're indeed physically far away from each other, but emotionally or relationship-wise they're close to each other. And ancient people once thought making a community with the members far away from each other is impossible -- the interwebz fills this gap.

Yeah, something bigger on the inside would be handy if it doesn't change weight.

Also, I'd like nanotechnology-related things, for example, a phone that can transform/change shape/colour/etc.

Portal technology could work. A remote planet with giant interiors, while the exteriors are on Earth.

@TARDIS/The Doctor's post: One of the Pillar Guardians' lair in Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is also like the TARDIS. Kain (the protagonist) explained that the whole big-inside-small-outside thing has something to do with bending space. I think the TARDIS does the same. Does it not?

Offtopic: Speaking of which, I think you guys (especially fans of vampire fiction) should seriously try the Legacy of Kain series. It's an awesome game series so far (excluding Blood Omen 2, which was a screwed up game). Kain, I should say, is the BEST vampire of fiction.

Portal technology could work. A remote planet with giant interiors, while the exteriors are on Earth.

But what if those pesky hackers find out which planet their on and break in an bolt all the doors. Help where's the Doctors assistant when you need her (She Tended to be more useful than the actual doctor in the newest series :P).

http://gizmodo.com/5580328/back-to-the-fut...-laces-are-real

Also, on the TARDIS.

The TARDIS utilizes dimensional engineering, the interior of the ship is in another dimension. By placing it at an accurate length from its exterior allows it to fit into the interior, on the condition that the interior looks bigger than the exterior if it was brought into 3 dimensions.

Congrats, it's the third time today someone posts it

Congrats, it's the third time today someone posts it

To be honest, I haven't even see a topic about it, unless its in BTTF discussion.

and Indiana Jones, you can use Verizon.

I use MetroPCS, one of those cheap-o unlimited, EDGE only carriers. It annoys me to be the only one in the world with a cell phone not on 3G.

To be honest, I haven't even see a topic about it, unless its in BTTF discussion.

It was 2 posts above yours, and also in shoutbox. But, yeah, who cares.

Any BTTF fan here would go ahead and post a cool thing about BTTF in a topic of relevance. Yes, we would care less.

All I want invented is a better way of wiping my own ass because of my Crohn's Disease. Hmm, maybe it's time for scientists to give the 3 seashells from Demolition Man some serious thought. :P

http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/three-seas...e-seashells.gif

Oh yea, and we don't have many bidets here in America.

Edited by Joe Statler

human nature is created by the environment humans are raised in and the attitudes humans are raised with. we are capable of changing. we're all born clean slates. all im sayin.

i also cant wait for better battery and amplification technology so we can have infinitely useable wireless guitars and other musical instruments that can produce good quality sound at a stadium concert level volume out of built in speakers

Edited by EarthwormJim

I think we'll still need speakers in using guitars at a concert. Using a wireless guitar with built-in speakers would be like using a megaphone. Me thinks speakers and headphones in the future would be less ear-damaging than today's.

Hey, do you think that they could create loopable energy? That would run out slower, plus reducing the heat output.

Those are called trolleybuses.

Sign in to follow this