Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Computer technician topic

Only problem I have is that my computer stopped seeing my TV Card (and the drivers are fine). I think I may have knocked it out of the PCI slot during it's last cleaning. I'll check it later on tonight.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Uhm... i started having problems with my monitor a few weeks ago, sometimes the screen becomes slightly greenish or blueish, it either lasts for a while or keeps flickering between normal and strange light. (On a side note, i started noticing this on october 26 :P i had seen a post about someone having their video drivers screwed up after installing .2e, but i don't see how it could cause this, and my drivers are fine and updated.)

The monitor is a flat screen just a few months old, card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Any ideas?

Only problem I have is that my computer stopped seeing my TV Card (and the drivers are fine). I think I may have knocked it out of the PCI slot during it's last cleaning. I'll check it later on tonight.

Dust could be on the contacts. This has happened to me, a lot.

my fan started to make a clanking noise i think that a wire may be in the fan or a bearing might have broken

Check it while the system is on. Also if the GPU temp increases, the fan is not working right.

it doesn't seem to be happening now i got home frm schl and turned on my comp and it didn't make the noize might have just been the fact that it had been on for 6-7 hours

My computer doesn't accept PCI-Express cards, but it accepts PCI cards and those boxes to put them in are too expensive.

Still, it could fail at any time. Be careful.

i'm upgrading it anyway amd athlon x2 6000+ processor,

asrock socket am2 mboard,

2x2gb ddr2 ram

it will only cost £146.53 cheaper than intel is these days.

Edited by grim reaper

Dust could be on the contacts. This has happened to me, a lot.

It works fine now, the back end of the card was not completely connected to the slot. I must have used a bit too much air pressure on my air brush on that part (don't worry I make sure there's no ink or water in the brush before I use it).

i'm upgrading it anyway amd athlon x2 6000+ processor,

asrock socket am2 mboard,

2x2gb ddr2 ram

it will only cost £146.53 cheaper than intel is these days.

You will have really similar PC to mine.

post your problems here and if I can I will help. Technicianing is a hobby of mine.

Me too. I like fixing stuff. :D

For now on, anything of the like should be posted here. Any topic posted concerning computer problems, computer help, etc. will be closed and merged with this topic, with the exception of computer problems involving 0.2e like crashes.

A way to fit a PCI-Express Graphics card into a computer with a PCI slot only and an ACP slot only, so basically my computer has no PCI-E slot, but my graphics card requires a PCI-E slot.......

My computer doesn't have the capability either, that's why I'm going to get a motherboard that does have an AGP slot for my next comp.

I'm looking for one under $700 with Windows XP...

Well, buy the computer you want that is under $700, it doesn't matter what it has on it, if it has Vista then format and install XP...

I don't want to spend $100 for Windows XP and I don't believe in pirateing since my parents would buy it for me anyway, I'm looking for a computer with 3 PCI-Express Slots one PCI Slot, 2 GB or ram a 3.0 GHz CPU A monitor (if possible), speakers, and Windows XP... I found a similar one with Vista from HP.

and just clone your old HDD from your old computer onto your newly formatted drive (that way you don't have to go out and buy a copy of XP (for those who have the HDD partition instead of the OS disk), just remember this takes some time in doing since you need the drivers to match up to your new computer (from what I've experienced).

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

I have two internal drives, one with XP and one with ME, I wish both operating systems can be used at the same time and the HP computer is a desktop costing $598 with a monitor Speakers but with a Vista operating system.

Sign in to follow this