Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

A lite Windows that will run GTA IV

Basically I need something that Bootcamp would recognize as Windows and will run GTA IV.

I don't think anyone's tried that, so you could be the first person to do so. Otherwise, stick with XP. I don't think it would work on 2000.

The last sentence was uncalled for, since it is a widespread belief that Vista sucks.

Could always look for Windows Xp "Black Edition". It's a smaller file, and has all the .NET frames pre-installed.

swallow you're pride and buy a pc? :whistling:

I already have two. If they didn't suck (same specs as my Macbook, but slow like a snail), I would use them for the purpose. This Mac is more than enough for GTA IV, the only thing I need is WINDOWS that won't EAT like GIGABYTES of hard drive space.

Edited by iMaster

Mac eats lots of gigabytes of hard drive as well. Its about 1 gb behind my windows installation.

But Windows will not be the main OS, that's why I need it to be less than 2 gigabytes in size on the hard drive.

then use micro xp. There is no reason to go to 7 when GTA4 does not require dx10, nor will you be playing around in the interface as much.

Will try it out, thanks.

if you want really lite, thats the way. I think only around 200mb of hard disk required. Windows 7 lite requires 1.5gb still.

Any advantages of the latter?

Right then. Thanks again.

mini-me again is the residential expert on micro xp as well, so he knows a thing or 2 about it.

OK, here's the cheese.

1) Bootcamp recognises Micro XP as Windows.

2) The black screen (dunno what it's called, it appears when you start up an ordinary PC) flashes, but does not start the installation process. I watched youtube videos and saw that it should.

Any suggestions?

Thought about it, decided I don't need it that badly. Won't have proper time to play GTA anyway. So thanks to all of you for your assistance. I lock this topic.

*click*

*click*

*clank*

Dammit. My key doesn't fit.