:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dave27

Whats the point of the end of the third film?

I found this quote on another site and thought it might make an interesting discussion:

"01/05/09

@Kaiser-Machead: What bothered me with III is that they already beat MadDog Tannen, so what's the rush? They had plenty of time to properly fix the delorian."

They could of just hung around a bit so doc could possibly find a better (or safer) way to time travel and spend some more time with Clara .

Movie logic VS real world logic. If you argue this, a lot of worse things can be called out. Like why doesn't the Delorean have a security system so advanced, from the future, so far away, it's impossible to hack. Or why doesn't Doc or Marty just leave the state. Why doesn't Marty pull a Bill and Ted. Forcing paradoxes. "gotta remember to go back and stop old biff." The list goes on and on.

Edited by archer9234

or why didn't doc do everything his damn self. He could have gone up to old marty and say, "hey tomorrow your son's going to get arrested, don't let him leave the house."

Doc is too afraid of paradoxes. He wasn't around after that monday, therefore he did not want history to remember him after that day.

Look: Doc is killed or have vanished without a trace. In 70 years that alerts Marty and the younger Doc to come looking for him. He is saved, in order to trigger Marty's trip he has to "stay dead" (although he now won't find the tombstone, but who knows, maybe he will find some other tombstone connected to Doc, perhaps Marshall Strickland), he has to disappear, or Marty won't have a reason to go back, therefore all of this is undone and it starts again. TIME PARADOX! SHAZAM!

Edited by iMaster

There are two reasons I can provide:

1. They rushed to catch up for the train and "borrow" it. Yeah, they have the locomotive and all, so why wouldn't they just wait for a little longer to re-check things like if they got the distance right, how Doc should hop from the train to the DeLorean safely, etc.? You may also wanna ask this question, too: Wouldn't you think those people who boarded the train would just do nothing about what just happened?

2. Doc wanted the time machine destroyed because of all the trouble it made. Logically, staying in 1885 would just cause more trouble -- the most likely thing that was in Doc's mind at that time.

@iMaster: Doc may have probably put a fake tombstone there, making sure Marty from 1955 sees it and travels back to 1885 to rescue him. After all, he remained in 1885 up to 1895 when presumably he finished the Jules Verne Train. He had more than enough time to have the fake tombstone made and placed in the graveyard.

Possibly. Reminds me of Doctor Who :P

The character of Sally Sparrow rips of some wallpaper in an abandoned house and the writing under it says "BEWARE...", she proceeds to rip it off - "OF THE WEEPING ANGELS", continuing to rip it off - "OH, AND DUCK", she is clearly confused - "NO, REALLY, DUCK... SALLY SPARROW", Teehee, scary music :D - "DUCK NOW!". As she does a stone hits the place where her head just was. "HELLO FROM THE DOCTOR 1979"

Or the tombstone doesn't affect space time, like the effect cancels out the cause, when biff created 1985a. Technically Marty created 1985A. B is Jr. not accepting Griff. Biff created C. Then movie 3 created D/E/F. Death and alive versions of Clara. Plus Marty variation. And the ending of 3 could be H. The elimination of B-F and keeping A. Then G line before he prevented the car accident. Since Marty changed his future.

Edited by archer9234

Okay. An easier way to avoid BTTF 2 all together. Have Marty play his older self, and make Jr. go home, before he enters the cafe. Marty 1985: "Hey, jr. I know whats going on in there. You're not gonna do it. Get your butt home this instant!". Future Marty would return home hours later, after the ripple effect. Remembering what he did in 1985. Everything would of gone faster. And would of prevented Jennifer being found in the alley way.

Edited by archer9234

That's another advert-long movie XD They create problems so they can make long enough movie

We all know that. We're just saying, to a realistic stand point. There where a lot of better ways in handling stuff.

@Kaiser-Machead: What bothered me with III is that they already beat MadDog Tannen, so what's the rush? They had plenty of time to properly fix the delorian."

They couldn't fix it because 1. It would take a month to fix, and Marty is very impatient, after the gas tank blew up.

2. The DeLorean in the cave couldn't be fixed because it needed replacement parts from 1947.

They could of just hung around a bit so doc could possibly find a better (or safer) way to time travel and spend some more time with Clara .

dont forget it wasnt that hard to break outa jail in the wild western culture

They couldn't fix it because 1. It would take a month to fix, and Marty is very impatient, after the gas tank blew up.

2. The DeLorean in the cave couldn't be fixed because it needed replacement parts from 1947.

You always seem start with something intelligent, then f**k it up and prove that you have no clue what you're talking about. The DeLorean's gas tank didn't explode, Marty ripped the fuel line open escaping from the Indians, the Fuel Injection Manifold exploded, go watch the damn movie. <_<

I say that it really wasn't as serious as Doc portrayed it, at any time AFTER that specific train left, it's bound to be that another train would pull through Hill Valley Station, but I guess Doc wanted to get out of 1885 really quickly so they didn't run the risk of creating a paradox,

Edited by hscitpe

You always seem start with something intelligent, then f**k it up and prove that you have no clue what you're talking about. The DeLorean's gas tank didn't explode, Marty ripped the fuel line open escaping from the Indians, the Fuel Injection Manifold exploded, go watch the damn movie. <_<

It doesn't prove that I'm a dumbass because I made one mistake.

You're not an Ahole, just an idiot

Because?

Really if you're gonna try to start an argument, at least find a good reason.

Thinking the DeLorean's fuel tank exploded

Wow you're an as**ole

I watched the third movie a while ago so I tried to do it by memory, so don't go all douchebag on me because I made a mistake.

Alright you guys take a chill pill.

@HSCITPE: Just because he made a mistake doesn't mean you can go all ape s**t on him saying he's an idiot. I'm sure you've made plenty of idiotic mistakes in your lifetime. We all have. Like I melted plastic in an oven not too long ago. That's way more idiotic than not being correct about a scene in a movie. So give him a break.

@FLUXY: Even if it kills you, try not to retaliate to immature comments. It only makes you just as immature. If you don't like what they say about you then report it to a moderator rather than fight back.

I'm giving both of you a chance. There will be an action taken if you both continue fighting. Now I want you both to apologize to each other :P

Sign in to follow this