Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Edfake

kaltxi,

if you haven't seen avatar go se it now, i find it the most epically epic movie ever. it has hit the top of my favorite movie list! (p.s go and see it in imax 3d, because it makes the best movie better!)

here is a preview!

SPOILER:
" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
Edited by edfake

i loved it, absolutly loved it!!

it gave me the same feeling from when i saw titanic!

absolutly beatiful, i cant describe it!

and this is coming from a guy!

My cousin once thought it's a movie version of the anime Avatar (The Last Airbender), despite how many times I tried convincing him it is not, and man was he disappointed when he started watching it and was proven otherwise. :lol:

Avatar is an awesome movie. I recommend you sci-fi fans or lovers to watch it.

It's a Sci-Fi western. The way it was brought to the viewer is epic, after 3 minutes you lose the borderline between reality and CG.

From what I've seen so far I wouldn't really call it a Sci-Fi western (like Firefly). More like a Sci-Fi war movie like Starship Troopers, but with a bit of Schindler's List thrown in the mix. But then all I've seen is the trailers and behind the scenes so I may not know what I'm talking about.

The way it was brought to the viewer is epic, after 3 minutes you lose the borderline between reality and CG.

Unless you're used to CG stuff, like if you play heavy games often (at high graphic settings) or something like that, and the CG scenes are all entirely or mostly CG, then you'll be able to tell still if it is CG. :P Sometimes it helps in making the (professionally-done) CG stuff look real if most of the scene is made up of real stuff, like Transformers.

my brother directed about a third of the CG sequences (wich of course is most of the movie) that whole lot over at weta were busting their BALLS on this movie, he was working 6 days a week and as he says "its nice to be back in the world of the living"

i havent seen it yet but im going to be seeing it in 3d with my family at some stage in the next couple days and i cant wait

im not sure what his job title exactly was though, production assistant or assistant director or somthing, i dunno

He probably coordinated the Live-Animation to confrom the 3D sequences. Cameron would not have managed it without guys like that, I suspect I will also have a handful of assistants when I will work on big projects, if I will and I am sure I will :P

I loved the movie in the cinema and will buy the superdoper special edition that their bound to release on dvd

i dont think he was one of the mocap directors. remember all of the filming was done in the states while all of the CG and special effects was done here in wellington, though knowing how the movie buisness works and how huge this movie is some of the lesser animation work was probably outsourced somwhere else.

2012 looks like a fan production in comparison.

Meh, 2012 is different type of film, you can't really compare them anyways.

Didnt like the look of 2012 its not my type of movie but avatar was immense and have to buy it when it comes out.

that'd be epic

Edited by RG

Sign in to follow this