:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Another Family Guy reference to BTTF

This one seems a bit out of place.

trust me, after watching the whole thing and it ending with THAT, it works and its f***ing hilarious

God dammit I hate youtube and their dumbass "copyright claims"

If only google didn't take youtube...

although google video still has videos that youtube deletes. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

Edited by Joe Statler

Ummm, 'scuse me, Youtube would still be forced to take down videos, or otherwise they would be sued to death.

Ummm, 'scuse me, Youtube would still be forced to take down videos, or otherwise they would be sued to death.

They go way too far with it though.

They delete/mute videos with people SINGING the songs.

People singing those songs probably have the original (copyrighted) songs playing in the background -- if it is so, then there is a good reason to get rid of them. With sound-editing programs, it is POSSIBLE to take the original song from the video by removing the vocals added by those people and through other edits...something my ex-bestfriend is VERY good at.

And, in most cases, it would be other companies that would have the video deleted, not YouTube. In the above video's case, FOX had the video deleted.

Ummm, yes it does. Instead of buying a song on a CD, from Amazon or iTunes, you can just favorite it on Youtube.

Youtube was originally intentioned for videos like Christmas console unboxing.

Even singing the song is violation of copyright. Because the material is still being used to make money off the ads. It's the same reason if you listen to audio commentaries on dvd, the cast/crew can't sing or half the time talk about other tv shows, or movies. Just like how products get blurred out. You can argue they aren't showing the product on purpose. But they still are making money off what they are recording. And that company will demand it.

Edited by archer9234

Ummm, yes it does. Instead of buying a song on a CD, from Amazon or iTunes, you can just favorite it on Youtube.

Or download the video via a software or some browser script and convert it to MP3.

I have a Greasemonkey script for Firefox that adds a Download link in every YouTube video, so I can download the video easily.

Even singing the song is violation of copyright. Because the material is still being used to make money off the ads[...]

Never thought of that.

With sound-editing programs, it is POSSIBLE to take the original song from the video by removing the vocals added by those people and through other edits...something my ex-bestfriend is VERY good at.

Why isn't he your best friend now?

The point is the videos were taken down, are being taken down and WILL be taken down, due to copyright issues. Everyone here has them, RG for example for the image of a DeLorean, I have a TARDIS in my avatar (the iMac is product placement, a bit different), Archer has a whole lot of licensed characters in his sig and avatars. It doesn't prove Youtube to be wrong, it proves other site securities to be ineffective.

iMaster: I agree, but there are sites that have a bit different view on copyright compared to the more strict (and secure) YouTube.

Why isn't he your best friend now?

None of your business. In case you're wondering, my ex-bestfriend was worth mentioning because of the numerous "rips" he had done so far with YouTube vids.

When iMaster mentioned DeLorean, I started to wonder, don't you need permission or something for even making it appear in a game? Same goes to like all the mods ever made.. :confused:

Edited by RG

Aha, I used many letters in this post, am I violating the copyright of alphabet? Amazing, what in this world isn't copyrighted.

Sign in to follow this