:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Knight Bob

Site time curcuits

Hello,

I thing that you maybe did already thing about it, but are it possible too make when I push the off buttom at the time circuits that then the sounds play what the time curcuits from the car did? Also the same when I put it then on again.

Something tells me that will require some time to load.

Something tells me that will require some time to load.

It probably would and Mike probably wants this site to load as fast as possible.

It was originally coded with sound effects, but I told PC to remove them since I think they are unneeded, if you want time circuits with sound effects, go play the mod.

Ummmm... what would be the point anyway? Not like that your computer will take off into the future or anything...

he said he wanted sounds, so I listed a program that would give him sounds.

I meant on the site. There is no point in extra sounds on a site, are there?

Having sounds in the TC would be a waste of bandwidth IMO (even though it'd be very minuscule), even the Time Circuits themselves would be if they didn't look so cool.

Edited by Joe Statler

PC did one hell of a job there.

No, they use the standard plugin of the browser that plays sound embeds, in your browser that would be the Quicktime one.

Ok, for those of you that would like to have the sounds in here:

install.gif

You need to have Greasemonkey installed and Firefox obviously.

The first time the sounds might be a little off since the files aren't in the cache, so toggle them twice and from then on they should work fine.

The whole choose your timezone put me off. I have been using the default ipb pro board theme ever since they changed.

unless you clear your cache they shouldn't ask you again :P.

Then it's your fault.

I had no problem if we set the default timezone to GMT+1 and require people to click on the TC to change it :P.

its stupid though. I got a php website working with a realtime clock that is based off your local time and not the server's. No reason why you guys can't.

oh well, I don't really care, seeing as how I never use it.

Actually, the other reason i changed was that I got sick of the layout. It wasn't that pleasing to look at. The layout does not scream "BTTF" for me.

Tell us what you used, maybe we're lacking ideas.

As far as I know the browser does not send its time or timezone with the request, but if I'm wrong, correct me.

oh sorry, it was the reverse. Using server time.

Its not really dealing with the browser as much. Just get local and server time, get the offset between local and server (so local + offset = server), then add the offset to the local time as it changes.

How shall that work? How shall we get the local time? And through php we can't manipulate what the browser views once the response is sent.

Sign in to follow this