:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
JOHN007

If You Had A Time Machine

@John DeLorean: I praise you for your faith, but you are, however, a bit out of line about saying evolution is a lie.

I'll put it like this:

To illustrate this, you can put 20 letters in a box and draw one at a time until you come up with a specific order. You can use A. B. C. D. E. F., in that order. First, an A is picked. After about 20 tries, you can finally get the A. Next, you must pick a B., and if you fail on the first try, you must put all the letters back in the box and start over again with A! This random chance must continue until you get all 20 letters in their proper order, starting over from A. every time you get one wrong. \

And then there's these:

The Earth is 93 million miles from the sun, which just happens to be the perfect distance. If it were 92 million, it would be too hot for life to exist. If it were 94 million, it would be too cold for life to exist. Was that by chance? I doubt it.

The Earth’s atmosphere is 21 percent oxygen. If it were 23 percent, it would be too much to allow life. If it were 19 percent, it would be too little to sustain life. Was that by chance? I doubt it.

The ocean has 3.4 percent salt content, which is the same as our human body. If it were 4 percent, there would be no life on Earth. If it were 2 percent, there would be no life on Earth. Was this by chance? I doubt it.

The Earth has a 23.5 degree tilt toward the sun. If the tilt were any greater or lesser, our world would be unstable and our temperature would be too cold on one side and too hot on the other. Was this by chance? I doubt it.

That's my, and my God's beliefs.

Edited by John DeLorean

i might join you ...that was alot of reading....oh yeah @ewj give them something to hope for dont take it away and if you cant do that then just shut the hell up.....

I'll put it like this:

To illustrate this, you can put 20 letters in a box and draw one at a time until you come up with a specific order. You can use A. B. C. D. E. F., in that order. First, an A is picked. After about 20 tries, you can finally get the A. Next, you must pick a B., and if you fail on the first try, you must put all the letters back in the box and start over again with A! This random chance must continue until you get all 20 letters in their proper order, starting over from A. every time you get one wrong. \

And then there's these:

The Earth is 93 million miles from the sun, which just happens to be the perfect distance. If it were 92 million, it would be too hot for life to exist. If it were 94 million, it would be too cold for life to exist. Was that by chance? I doubt it.

The Earth’s atmosphere is 21 percent oxygen. If it were 23 percent, it would be too much to allow life. If it were 19 percent, it would be too little to sustain life. Was that by chance? I doubt it.

The ocean has 3.4 percent salt content, which is the same as our human body. If it were 4 percent, there would be no life on Earth. If it were 2 percent, there would be no life on Earth. Was this by chance? I doubt it.

The Earth has a 23.5 degree tilt toward the sun. If the tilt were any greater or lesser, our world would be unstable and our temperature would be too cold on one side and too hot on the other. Was this by chance? I doubt it.

That's my, and my God's beliefs.

okay, if the earth was closer to the sun life would have developed differently, if the earths atmosphere had a different chemical makeup then life would have developed in accordance with that. life developed based off the environment not the environment developed based off life.

if you werent aware of these simple facts then you cant possibly know how evolution works and thus you saying it is a "lie" is only you showing your own ignorance.

everything happened by chance, the thing is we only know one way of life because its the way we developed, there is an infinite number of possibilities when if comes to forms of life, we only know of one because we have only experienced one and the technology doesnt exist to explore the universe and discover other forms yet.

all im saying is that nobody knows there are hundreds of religions and thinking that yours is the one that got it right first time is simple arrogance.

dk rg and angelo i do agree with you guys to a point (especially angelo, as we've been over this several times and im pretty sure we have a fair understanding of eachothers beleif systems) im just trying to add more understanding here.

EWJ we are just tired of you sounding like your way is the true way. Your comments like "Why believe in something you know doesn't exist" really bother us. Oh and as for you saying that there isn't a part of our brain that allows us to be spiritual... I beg to differ. It was discovered not to long ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...ous-belief.html

That's the funny thing about religions. Nobody knows who's right and nobody knows who's wrong. However, there's no one true way that anything happened.

For all we know, religions coulda been just some "funny" dude in the 1600s that decided to make this stuff up xD

Naw, just kidding. BUT, I will say this. No one's right, no one's wrong. This is because none of us could POSSIBLY be able to tell if any of this is true. There's no true written accounting that ANY of this could have, and would have happened (referring to the ways of life thing). Ever hear of aliens? There could be more "suns" out there and lucky planets that just happen to fall in the right spot and the right angle and what not. Just like the Earth did.

However, science does prove a lot of things. Science, which makes me be able to assume this, could have proven that if the Earth was not at it's 23.5 degree angle, then we could have only 2 seasons. A wet and a dry season (much like Asia). However, some parts of the Earth would be even colder then right now if it were not for the tilt.

Once again, religion can not possibly explain how the earth was created. In my opinion the only thing we have to fall back on is science.

I hope I have no insulted anyone here in any way. If I have? I apologize...

EDIT: Oh btw Johnny (John). I hope you realize how much a 1 million mile difference REALLY is. Just because the number before the 'million' may seem small, 1 million miles is even larger then Earth itself. And seeing as though that there's only an 8 minute travel time between the Sun's light and Earth there would be a difference that probably wouldn't be noticed.

Besides, if the Dinosaurs were able to live in such extreme temperatures, why wouldn't man be able to accomplish the same thing now? That's because Man has adapted to the cooler Earthly temperatures.

Edited by Fishy-Fish

I myself am open to different views, but when a belief (creationism) has pretty much been proven wrong through science I have to voice my opinion. This is the reason why I'm Agnostic and not an Atheist. I believe there is no way to prove there is a god, although there's no way to disprove it.

I love this clip from The Simpsons. And it has one of my favorite songs by The Doobie Brothers too.

Edited by Joe Statler

There are also Massons, who instead of being religion fanatics believe that God created the world, laws of nature and... went on to do other stuff, that's why there is no god in our plane of reality.

I feel sorry that you want to defend your lie. You're being liberals; you want to believe in lies! I just want for ALL of you to go to heaven, with me. Dragon King (and Queen, hopefully) are Christian, by what I've read. I hope to see them, and their children in the heaven, along with you! I will NEVER give into the liberals/atheists/evolutionists; I am a son of God, literally speaking.

Wow, this is the first time I started a chain reaction!

If it was literal, then you wouldn't be here, since the bible states that one must not have idols.

If we widen the parameter of the word, then having something favourite, straight to fandom, is having idols.

Oh, I see then. Not that I totally disbelief him, but I believe in the entity.

If you don't believe in the God that is Jesus Christ, I can't force you to believe; I can only hope, and pray. However, I do want for you all to go to heaven. And, by the way, EWJ, you're only as good as where you go (Heaven or Hell.)

I'm personally OK with going to rest in my coffin. I do believe in some kind of higher power or smthn, but heaven & hell? Please. I'm not asking anyone to prove me or try to prove me that heaven exists, it's just my opinion, I doubt something will change it..

Wasn't this topic related with things you'd do if you had a time machine? *slowly pushes everyone back on topic*

I feel sorry that you want to defend your lie. You're being liberals; you want to believe in lies! I just want for ALL of you to go to heaven, with me. Dragon King (and Queen, hopefully) are Christian, by what I've read. I hope to see them, and their children in the heaven, along with you! I will NEVER give into the liberals/atheists/evolutionists; I am a son of God, literally speaking.

Like I've said...

Say all you want about being a Christian or having faith, even in the smartest or most prophetic way you can, but those won't in any way make atheists shut their mouths 'till you stop making such a dumb assumption (no offense).

There's already too many evidences and proof to defend the idea of evolution. Saying evolution is a lie is being ignorant, like EWJ said, or being blind.

Seriously, based from my experience as a Catholic Christian myself, saying evolution is a lie ISN'T being faithful to God. I myself have always believed that everything depicted in the Book of Genesis about creation -- for instance, the sands turning to Adam, I believe, represents evolution itself, from simple thing it turned to a living complex being -- are symbolical or metaphorical, for the fact that the writer(s) of the book never referred from any form of supernatural or divine source when he/they wrote the book. I even believed that God caused the Big Bang, which started the creation and expansion of the universe. He said "Let there be light", and there was a HUGE f*cking light alright lol. I've used to be the one who likes to combine religion and faith with science and logic in many ways possible. :D

Also, your reply to my previous post shows your insufficient understanding or knowledge about science's explanation with these stuff (no offense). With what you said by "Was this by chance? I doubt it", I have to agree to that, but I would also agree on God never had any direct influence or control over what caused them in the first place. Note that science, ever since, is always mostly about sequences, chemical/chain reactions, etc.. Saying something happened "by chance", I believe, is like saying it happened because no God NOR physics or some universal law caused it. It...just happened.

Whats With All This Religious Stuff, Who Cares about it, I knew I forgotten an extra detail in the rules, well too late for that now.

But Should'nt this topic be about what 2 things would you do with a time machine saving the 3rd trip home (if you were to use it that is)

and if there is any worrying about bringing stuff from future to the past and having it erase from existence, well in a way as long as the tech is still gonna happen in the future and nothing prevents it from being made then the object would not be erased it but thats the thing for this universe (Topic)

could be different for BTTF and etc.

Also i got a few praises to give out

iMaster: Love The Pictures.

EarthwormJim: The Thing about Idiocracy, Brilliant Could happen (reason I choose to travel to 1980's after of course taking the tech of today with me)

update on my time traveling actions I'd Still be hanging/living with Mr. John Lennon. Trying to Get him and the rest of the Beatles Back Together for 1 last album called "THE BEATLES: RESURRECTION"

fishy fish, i agree with you completely. i was only arguing so one sidedly because John delorean was doing the same thing (saying evolution is a lie)

john delorean you are ignorant and your unwillingness to understand evolution only shows you are afraid of being proven wrong (or at least being proven not right, if you get my logic)

im not saying there isnt a higher power, or as the case may be higher intelligence (like an alien race) im just saying that nobody has it right yet and it is arrogant to think so. the smartest thing to do is to learn as much as we can about everything, read all the fine print, or so to speak.

and dk just so you know, you didnt read that whole article, if you had you woulda seen this

"Dr Andrew Newberg, director of the Centre for Spirituality and the Mind at the University of Pennsylvania, told the New York Times that Dr Grafman’s findings were in line with other research that has so far failed to find any specific structure in the brain that is dedicated to religious belief."

im done here

I'm the ignorant one? I do believe that I've stated this clearly: There is WAY too much order in this world to just have happened. If there was no Divine, then I'd believe in this insanely dumb evolutionary theory. The day that I see the God, I will be able to say, "Why didn't you believe me?" And you'll be like, "Satan corrupted my mind!"

Edited by John DeLorean

john delorean you are ignorant and your unwillingness to understand evolution only shows you are afraid of being proven wrong (or at least being proven not right, if you get my logic)

I sort of agree to that. I've been to that road before myself, but I later realized that if I were to learn the truth I have to open my eyes and mind to BOTH belief systems.

Saying evolution is a lie is like your neighbor trying to say to you at a phone call that your house is on fire but you, who is at your office somewhere away from your home , don't believe him because it might be some trick he's making. The main reason of your doubt is because of the differences between you and your neighbor, but you never bothered at all to try to know yourself if he's telling the truth or not and instead you just jump to the conclusion that he's completely lying.

There are already too many evidences supporting evolution. If you try and argue, too, that those evidence are faked "to make people live in lies", then, in my example's case, it will like you've seen the fire yourself at the news at TV, and your co-workers start to bother you around with what's happening, yet you hesitate to believe because of the same f*cking reason.

God gave you eyes, ears, and a brain. Use them.

JOHN007: lol that what happens if someone make religious references in an atheist/agnostic-dominated internet.

See Rule 25 and 26 of the Internet. :P

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/im...94679739296.jpg

The day that I see the God, I will be able to say, "Why didn't you believe me?" And you'll be like, "Satan corrupted my mind!"

Satan hasn't corrupted any minds here for the fact that EWJ is a non-believer. See "spoiler" below to know my point...

SPOILER:
There are two types of sins -- venial sin and mortal sin. The latter is serious so committing one sends you to hell, while the first, how many times you commit it, won't make it a serious sends-you-to-hell thing for you, so right now you're probably thinking EWJ is committing a lot of mortal sins with his atheist comments and posts. Well, think again.

There are 3 things that should be met if a sin that's committed is to be considered a mortal sin:

1. Its subject must be a grave (or serious) matter.

2. It must be committed with full knowledge, both of the sin and of the gravity of the offense.

3. It must be committed with deliberate and complete consent, enough for it to have been a personal decision to commit the sin.

The thing about atheists committing sins is that they ALWAYS don't meet the second for the fact that they don't (completely) believe what they've just did is a "sin", thus making all of their sins venial, which also means no atheist or non-Christian can go to hell. So as a Christian you have to fear more than a non-Christian when committing sins. :P