:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
JOHN007

If You Had A Time Machine

Lets face the facts, everyone wants to have their very own time machine.

Well what if I granted you a DeLorean Time Machine just like the one in Back To The Future.

But due to some unknown reason The Machine could only go through time 3 times, then the Fluxcapacitor would fail and the Time Machine would become a Fancy Pimped Out DeLorean.

The question is

What Would You Do In The 2 Time Travels Saving The Last One For Your Trip Back To Your Time?

Edited by JOHN007

I would go back to the Vietnam war and see what my dad had to go through when he was a kid. Then I would go back to 9/11/01 to relive the incident seeing as though I was a child at the time.

oh and i still have one trip left? um well how about i pull a marty, go to the future and gather the next 50 years in sports statistics so i can make lots of money when i get back. except unlike biff i am not greedy and evil. i wouldnt go buying any companies or anything, id just set myself up, house, cars, electronics, other luxuries etc and most importantly travel. this way i get to live the sweet life while not upsetting the economy. i would probably make some hefty donations to a few specific charitys like the red cross, spca etc

yeah. i should have a time machine

Keep your religious comments to yourself. This is the second time you have been warned. Next will probably be a suspension. Be mindful of other peoples' beliefs please.

First I'd probably go 100 - 200 years into the future and see what we as a race has become. If we have not yet invented a way for Faster Than Light travel, I'd go further into the future to a time we do. Although, anyone who has read 3001: The Final Odyssey can tell you that this may be awhile. Since in the book they still hadn't found a way to travel faster than the speed of light. Which seems more likely.

But if my first trip turns out to be good, I'd probably go back to the late early 80s and buy stock in Microsoft. Then come back and sell it.

Edited by Joe Statler

I would go and invest in Oracle, Apple, Microsoft, Opera, Mozilla, IBM, Asus and so on.

(did anyone notice that Marty still knew how at least one sport event is gonna turn out in the end of the trilogy? Cubs against Miami :P)

My First Trip Would be

To go to December 8th, 1980 and go to New York City and Prevent The Death of John Lennon

well, from there on I would probably stay in the 1980's and be hanging with Lennon (cause after all I did save his life)

BTW flux capacitor, no unlimited travels, i want to know if you can only time travel 3 times saving last one for your own trip back to your time, what would u do?

Edited by JOHN007

If you say "prevent", then I'd go for the assasination of Kennedy. I always wondered what would happened if I did that :P

The Apollo 11 mission may not have happened within the 1960s. One of the reasons why it happened was because the American people wanted to make his promise a reality especially after he died. And please conspiracy theorists, don't give me any BULLSH*T! *looks over at EWJ* <_<

That's my opinion anyways.

Edited by Joe Statler

Mine's simple: I would travel to year 2030 and see and know what the world would look like 20 years from now. I might do some other stuff than exploring, like perhaps grab a copy of the final version of the mod, or steal a high-end PC in some old codger's shop lol.

As for the second trip, I might either travel back to the past to meet my mother's father, something I, for some reason, want to do, or travel to a certain event 2-3 years ago (that I don't want to talk about).

OR, I would travel to the far future, have the f*cked up time machine fixed so the Flux Capacitor won't break down after the 3rd travel, and experiment around with time travel. Since this ain't the BTTF universe, there's so much I can do without causing a single paradox. :P Of course, if I were to do this, I'd still try doing the one above.

OR, you could go to December 23rd 2012, see what happens :P

Why 23rd? Because by this time the 21st will pass for the whole planet, so you don't risk getting caught in events :P

Nah, where's the fun in that? :P

Maybe you could find yourself in.. blank space then?

I'd go to look what happens in like, 100 next years, then go back.. Don't need time travel so much

I would go ten years into the future then, buy a 2010 Mac with an "old s**t" discount and come back here.

Lots a things went wrong in the past, for me.

I think that's true for a lot of us here.

would go to the 24/05/1990 date to avoid the death of my father

Edited by Dany

I would go to the future to get my Delorean Hover converted, get a cutting edge next next next next gen console with the top games, a super or whatever the equivalent might be in the future, and get a sports almanac. Course i wont give it myself in the past. I'd just keep it for myself. Also, I'd like to go as far ahead as possible to see if we're still around. Then I'd come back and get myself rich and drive my flying car...

P.S. I'd also see how the DeLorean motor company is doing and let you all know if this Pontiac thing helps them come back...

Edited by Luikseer

Don't you risk a paradox by bringing future technology to 2009?

@Dany: watch "Doctor Who: Father's Day", I am sorry to say this, but that is a paradox too.

I'd fix my life. Lots a things went wrong in the past, for me.

I'd do the same thing, if only the machine ain't limited to 2 travels.

True, but this ain't the BTTF or Doctor Who universe, 'ya know. :P In the real world, there is no such thing as temporal paradoxes if time travel is possible. If both are possible, the universe would have gone kabloomey by then, for time travel has been occurring naturally in far reaches of space ever since, probably way before we existed.

I'm guessing paradoxes in time travel actually causes the universe to split the timeline to two. If the changes you make in the past aren't applicable to the original, an alternate timeline was made (well, according to chaos theory, pretty much any change in the past is inapplicable). So the only "paradox" here is that, once you travel back to your present, you'll end up in a place (and time) that you don't belong to because an "alternate you" is in your place there.

wow, you guys are all real humanitarians.

all your doing is wishing for money and technology. if we actually did have time machines boy oh boy would you guys have one hell of a reality chack travelling into the future, itd be similar to this

thats where we're going at the moment

@Dany: watch "Doctor Who: Father's Day", I am sorry to say this, but that is a paradox too.

and I thought they were going to say it was a paradox xD

In that episode, Rose Tyler asks the Doctor to go back in time to witness her father's death. Unfortunately she steps in and saves him at the last moment.

The paradox allows the reapers, creatures from the time vortex, to come into the universe and start devouring everyone and everything, to fix the paradox.

Rose's father saves the day by sacraficing himself and allowing himself to be hit by a car, thus fixing the timeline and sending the reapers back to the time vortex, restoring everyone.