Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

I got my driving license - woo-hoo!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! I GOT MY LICENSE!!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Edited by Mike
topic title adjusted.

License? Driver's License, Marriage License, Bussiness License? You need to elaborate...

did you just renew it or is this actually your first?

I need to renew mine this summer but since I may have a warrant out for my arrest (never paid off DUI fine) I can't. I did hope to pay it off before it expires but since I don't have a job, it's proving to be difficult.

You don't see 19 year olds getting their first license that often down here in Texas, but then we do have a crappy public transportation system so it's kinda needed. I got mine when I was 16.

congrats DK, be a good driver lol :lol:

I will :) oh btw I forgot to mention I got a perfect score on the test :) So I'm really really happy.

Congrats :P I have to wait for... 1 year 2 months before I can even START thinking about it.

well you don't really need one living in NY. You guys have a huge public transportation system.

Congrats on getting your drivers license Dragon King.

i really need to get around to getting mine. in NZ you can start at 15. and there are three stages of licenses. im a perfectly capable driver, i just havent botherd to sit my license yet, i havent even got my learners :D

age 15: Learners license, must drive with "L" plates and has to have a fully licensed driver in the front passenger seat

6 months after learners: Restricted can only drive from 6am to 10pm (unless you have an exception like work or an emergency or somthing) cant carry passengers except fully licensed drivers

1 year after restricted: Full license... a full drivers license

Edited by EarthwormJim

I thought you meant three levels like the three levels we have in the states.

1. Class C (regular motor vehicles)

2. Class M (Motorcycles & Scooters)

3. Class A (18 wheelers, buses, other cargo vehicles)

That's unusual.

We here can only drive from 18 years, we can apply for a license from 17 and a half though. After we hit 18 - we're free to drive anyone, anywhere, anywhen, as long as one of these anyones is a licensed driver. That is until 21 - after that a driver is free to drive.

Here we can get a licence from 16, but can drive a car only with a driver with licence in it. And when it comes to 18, we can somewhat "uprade" our licence to full version, drive all alone if you like

ALSO, if you make a car crash or anything else that brakes car driving rules, you can't get a full drivers licence for 5 years or so :lol:

Edited by RGi

Sign in to follow this