Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
gtamodcrazy

How do i turn on time travel cutscene?

how do i turn on time travel cutscene for the oct 3rd version of sa back to future? it says its a new option but doesnt tell me how!!!

You know, there is a reason we include a readme ;)

yea, I always print off a copy of the readme before I play the latest version of the game.

Hmmm, perhaps I should have the installer auto-open the readme once the installation has finished, rather than giving the user the option to open it or not. Then again, you will always get some idiots that would rather post first and read later.

I don't get it ,if people are intelligent enough to download and add a mod in the first place surely their intelligent enough to open a read me file! I shouldn't take the p**s really its not my place to do so but what can you do!

why don't you just make the download into a folder holding the readme and the installer. Like most trainer downloads do...

And if you do that you can compress it into a .rar or .7z file to save room on the server.

Edited by Joe Statler

The installer .exe is compressed using lzma compression when it is compiled, a format which is compatable with 7zip, so then adding the compiled installer into a rar or 7zip file wouldn't reduce the size anymore than it already is.

Additionally, if you wanted to use a folder method, and negate the need for an installer, this would require manual installation on the users part, and while I am sure most will be able to master the complexity involved in using copy and paste, there is still the issue of opening gta3.img and changing all the model names so that they don't conflict with bttf.img. Sure that part is not a pain now, with only 2 models to change, but what about later on down the line when all the DeLorean's are in, and then we go adding Doc's truck, the JVT, the Rogers etc into the mix.

Well I understand the compression, but I think you misunderstood me when it comes to making a folder. I meant have a folder that holds the full exe and the readme. That way people can access the readme before they run the installer. You could also put directions on installing in the readme. I've seen many torrents with readmes that tell you how to install, even though it's very simple. Most of the time they'll say:

1. Open exe

2. Follow on-screen directions

3. enjoy

yea, I always print off a copy of the readme before I play the latest version of the game.

:o Thats a lot of wasted paper!

When all the trees have been cut down, and the planet can no longer sustain life ...I will blame you! ;)

hmmm, how about, a separate text file with just the controls in it?

That works too. Now will you have it as a separate download on the download page.

I was just planning to include it as part of the installer, and have it auto-open just before the installer goes to the finish page.

That works. And if someone wants to look at it again for later they can use "Save-As" and save it to a folder in their HDD.

I was just planning to include it as part of the installer, and have it auto-open just before the installer goes to the finish page.

Don't you dare!

I sometimes thought to take a look in the readme to see if there's something new and interesting, but I always regret it when Ms Word comes up and thwarts my computer :(.

And if that now happens automatically "I('ll) kill you!".

I don't understand why they used a .doc file anways. Readme's are meant for .txt files in my opinion. Or you can use a WordPad file extension (.rtf). Not everyone have word.

Edited by Joe Statler

Uhm, it actually is Rich Text Format. My Computer opens that with Word.

so we can color code important items. Besides, while a txt file is fine with small mods, when they get bigger, there would be too much info to keep in txt form and be easy to spot.

Well set it to open richtext with wordpad instead of word. Easy to do with the right click menu.

Sign in to follow this