:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

Taken (movie)

Was just watching Taken with my parents:

This was a real good thriller! As the cashier at the DVD rental said, it was a real tense and I couldn't stop watching :D.

The protagonist is a retired spy that has a 17 years old daughter and lives divorced from his wife, who has married again, a rich man this time. His daughter then wants to go to on a trip through Europe to go on several concerts of U2 (what her mum knows), but she only tells her father she'd only go to Paris to live in her friend's cousin's flat. Her father at first is afraid that something happens to her daughter, but then agrees (-> since he's her biological father he needs to sign smth. so that she can leave the country).

Arrived at Paris they meet a guy and share a taxi, they obviously go to their place first. While she phones with her father in an other part of the flat, she sees some guys taking her friend. Finally she's also being taken, while her father hears that via phone and when one of the kidnappers takes the phone up, he tells him that he's gonna chase them to get her daughter back, that he's gonna kill them.

His friend tells him he's got 96 hours until he can't find his daughter anymore, that's how it got its German title (I guess they thought Taken wouldn't make a lot sense to us).

The chase then goes on in which he nearly kills everyone blocking his way :D.

It has much of other movies of that genre and reminded me the most of Transporter.

All in all, I liked the movie. Have you seen that movie as well or didn't you even want to? How do you like it (or even hate it)?

I thought it was ok. Certainly worth renting, but not worth spending the money to see in theaters.

as far as im concerned Liam Neeson is the closest thing to "Pure Awersome" that anyone is ever going to acheive.

that movie is the s**t

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have, are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have aquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go know, that will be the end of it, I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Awesome movie.

You don't remember me. We spoke on the phone two days ago. I told you I will find you.

:P

Watched the movie a year or months ago. Pure Epicness. I also remember commenting about this movie before here at the forums.

Sign in to follow this