:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

SA Delorean Model

Stuff to do. More to add possibly later:

-Model new coil mesh that will be lit up to overlay the existing coil during time travel

-New wheels? (applies to VC as well)

-Finish side markers and rear lights conversion to SA format

-Time Circuit Display on/off

I don't know about the wheels. It might increase instability with VC. It was one of those things I didn't want to apply.

One more thing to do is a shadow mesh, and thats just a really low poly model of the delorean, enough to make a shadow.

Like here, the left is the shadow, middle the model, and right the col

colissioncarp.jpg

Really only for people who play on high graphics level. Low graphics level people just get the vc shadow.

That especially makes sense for the flying version.

I yesterday noticed the settings were on low so turned them to very high... When flying the DeLorean close to the ground I noticed the shadow was still helicopter-ish (like one big circle connected through a thin line with a small circle at the back) :D.

i think the delorean has to be a little shinier. A delorean is a quite shiny vehicle, so does his wheels.

if you look to this GTA SA model and the RL DeLorean, you'll see the difference.

gta_sa_2009-07-19_16-40-42-91.jpg

757609629_508f24829d.jpg

Danny Botkin's Delorean had a coating on it to make it look shiny, as it is one of the restored Deloreans sold by DMC Houston.

Like the wheels. They are the machined wheels offered by them. And he wasn't the only one to do it. Scott's Delorean, I think his 2nd, had a coating on it as well to make it look glossy.

Danny Botkin's Delorean had a coating on it to make it look shiny, as it is one of the restored Deloreans sold by DMC Houston.

Like the wheels. They are the machined wheels offered by them. And he wasn't the only one to do it. Scott's Delorean, I think his 2nd, had a coating on it as well to make it look glossy.

Anyway, i think it looks better than the current GTA SA one. maybe it has to be a 'lil bit brighter, just like in GTA VC.

it'll have a reflection mapping eventually. Converting from zmod to 3ds caused the delorean to lose its normal mappings so any reflections on it make it look like someone drew triangles on it.

And blame the engine for the overall darkness. VC is the brightest out of all the gta engines.

interesting...

day

gta_sa2009-10-0214-34-28-02.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-0214-37-10-45.jpg

night

gta_sa2009-10-0214-34-55-85.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-0214-36-33-43.jpg

Heres the mesh error

gta_sa2009-10-0214-34-59-02.jpg

And comparison with VC one more time

gta-vc2009-10-0209-58-45-14.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-0214-34-39-50.jpg

Good news...its no longer gold :D

I'd get that poly error fixed first, before doing anything else though. Looks fugly! :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

The problem with those errors is that, after exporting and importing, every face of the DeLorean renders itself as an independent part of the body. The only way to fix it is to weld all these points where the mesh broke... and that's gonna be tedious, because I already did that before 0.2b came out.

I hope the DeLorean mesh is the only part that got bugged. Anything on the coils would require remodelling <_<

the bad part is that it has to be 3ds

If the coils were bugged, then the glowing coils would have been glitched. They aren't.

If the coils were bugged, then the glowing coils would have been glitched. They aren't.

Perfect!, less work to do :lol:

Sign in to follow this