Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

My new bass guitar

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a Warwick Rockbass Vampyre:

rockbass-vampyre-4.jpg

What do you guys think of it? In my opinion it's a great bass with a low price, I've already tried it and it's awesome. The only bad thing is that it doesn't have inlays on the fretboard >_> it's going to be a pain in the arse to get used to that....

The only bad thing is that it doesn't have inlays on the fretboard >_> it's going to be a pain in the arse to get used to that....

TBH its not as difficult to get used to as you think! My guitar has no inlays and it didn't put me off :P

Your supposed to get a feel for where the frets are anyway, so that you don't have to look at what your playing all the time ;)

That's a guitar !!!!!!!!!!

Congrats ! I really like it !

TBH its not as difficult to get used to as you think! My guitar has no inlays and it didn't put me off :P

Your supposed to get a feel for where the frets are anyway, so that you don't have to look at what your playing all the time ;)

Yeah you're right :lol:

Let's just hope that one day you don't fall forward while playing and stab yourself with the top protrusion. :lmfao:

But really nice bass guitar. I played the cello for awhile but never played the bass guitar. Although people have told me that they're very similar when it comes to string configuration. :P

Edited by Joe Statler

humm not exactly. (Correct me if I'm wrong) The cello string tune is C G D A, while the bass is E A D G =P I never tried to play the cello but I think it's harder than the bass, since it's fretless =/ But I tried the violin and the bow is a bit tricky to use, so that makes the cello even harder to play... xD

Edited by Jay

Well I'm just telling you what I heard, I've never played the bass and never really gave it much thought.

Without more instruments it can be very boring O.o

Edited by Jay

Without more instruments it can be a very boring O.o

Don't write or play crap basslines then! :P

One song you need to learn how to play is "Green Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf. The bass is the instrument that the song is focused on, unlike the guitar in most rock music.

Don't pay attention to the video it was done horribly, just listen to the music.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&fs=1&">
Edited by Joe Statler

Haha nice bass. I got a new guitar too. Check my topic for the pics. We should start a forum band :lol:.

One song you need to learn how to play is "Green Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf. The bass is the instrument that the song is focused on, unlike the guitar in most rock music.

Don't pay attention to the video it was done horribly, just listen to the music.

uhhh nice song :D that's going to be the first one I'll learn on the new bass =P

I have a MusicMan Sub Bass that I purchased around 2 years ago. From memory I think it was around £250-£300, cheap at twice the price and sounds just as good as it's more expensive Stingray cousin.

Click on the spoiler for pics (are the images from original ebay auction)

SPOILER:
e3b6_3.jpg

e721_3.jpg

e4c6_3-1.jpg

e5ef_3.jpg

Musicman are great basses, but in my opinion they're too damn ugly xD

They look fine to me...

At the end of the day it's overall sound and playability that count, and the musicman hits both those points. (in my opinion)

yes they do. Like I said, they are great basses, maybe the best. But in my opinion Musicman and Fender basses aren't that pretty xD

Sound over looks, anyday of the week ;)

I have to agree too! My bass looked damn cool when I bought it but it sounds like a bag of w**k!

Take a look;

BASS.jpg

Edited by Orgcon

Sign in to follow this