Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Choosing a console

OK, if you own a 360, please post its upsides and downsides, if you own a PS3, do the same. If you own both, compare them. If you don't, then please don't bother.

PS3 because it is epics.

Just Google... How many of these topics do we need?

Locking if a fanboy/flame war starts.

I AM CHOOSING A CONSOLE. I needed

UPSIDES

and

DOWNSIDES

of the consoles people actually OWN.

Your comment was inconsistent and unbased.

Edited by  iPro

I AM CHOOSING A CONSOLE. I needed

UPSIDES

and

DOWNSIDES

of the consoles people actually OWN.

Yeah I own a PS3, it is epics.

You hate Microsoft anyway. Just Google... Google has tons of opinions of people who ACTUALLY OWN them.

I don't know those people. That's a difference. And I considered getting a 360 if it is worth it.

Get what YOU want.

People kept telling me to get a Xbox 360 but I went for the PS3 and wasn't let down. It's up to YOU to choose not everyone else.

Xboxes crash and PS3s burn. I'd go with burn, but I'd like to hear opinions. Plus, I am tight on funds.

the xboxes were improved (the famous red ring of death was caused by them overheating and components solders melting/ desoldering themselves)

my brothers x360 works fine and has forza 2 which i prefer better to gran turismo

and you could even consider a nintendo wii

I am afraid that its giroscope will tempt me to take the thing apart.

I personally prefer the PS3, but I have found one downside, the top is curved which makes it very hard to stack

I personally prefer the PS3, but I have found one downside, the top is curved which makes it very hard to stack

lol that's a minor downside. Not in any way belonging to the type of downsides iPro wanted to know.

As for the Wii, it's in the same generation as PS2 and Xbox. It has indeed better graphics than the two I've mentioned in the previous sentence, but it's not anywhere near the greatness of PS3 and Xbox 360.

There is the less problematic PS3, and the great later Xbox 360 units. Both are great, so I can't really tell which is the best for you. But I can tell 2 downsides of the X360: If your country only has the old X360 ones, you'll just bump to hardware sh*t like the Red Rings of Death; and the X360 is known to make scratches on a DVD whenever the console is moved from its position while the DVD is inserted, so it would be wise that the console is in someplace where it can't be moved.

Also, there are games called "exclusives", which are only available for the X360 only or the PS3 only, so if you are aiming for such exclusives, choose for the console of those exclusives. This is my main reason why want to get PS3 -- there are about 2 or more PS3 exclusives I want to try out.

thats a good reason to get a 360 or a wii the wii is smaller than the other 2 aswell and ipro there is a way how to get the wii remote to work with a pc/mac

Geeze, if you need something small just wait a year or two from now and they'll release the mini-PS3 like they did with the PSX and the PS2. Although the PSX one didn't come out till the PS2 was right about to be released.

A "PS3 Slim" would be more problematic than the "phat PS3". The common problem of this version would be overheating, where you're forced to use the console within only a limited amount of time or in a cool place, like an air-conditioned place. This is also the problem of the PS2 slim.

if russia has the new chipsets in their xboxes then i would say go for one of them, but to be honest it all depeds on wich games you want to play. mass effect or infamous for example. both games are amazing yet theyr both exclusives (though mass effect is on pc aswell and infamous is bound to get ported at some stage)

Xbox 360

cool because it has halo games on it it gets a cool update in a few months it has avatar options

s*cks because it has no build-in internet explorer

-elyo

I was thinking that it may not be possible to make a PS3-slim, since we have reached the limit of the amount of transistors a single chip can hold, which makes Moore's Law null and void. This is also why they had to start making dual core and quad core processors, but then I could just be overthinking (or underthinking) things.

Edited by Nikaido

Just checked, we don't have the new ones yet. When were they released anyway, so I can estimate when they will appear here.

360 PRO's

Best online

Perfect for FPS fans

cheaper to buy

360 CON's

Console failure

online pay

expensive hardware (hard drive, wireless adapter etc)

PS3 PRO's

free online

Blu-ray. DVD up scaling

uses ordinary hard drives

PS3 CON's

expensive

HDMI cable not in the box

bulky

longer loading

Wii PRO's

cheaper

free online

Wii CON's

horrible online

major games don't go to it

features of games lost/removed

games cant be patched or get added features

Edited by archer9234

Guest Rave

ps3: upside downside

ps3's are fully moddable (that means hackable)

ps3's lack the capability's of a faster hdd

ps3's can play ps2,and ps1 games

ps3's do not have the ability to hold an sd card(however usb drives work)

ps3's can be used as a home computer (hidden option)

I do have a Wii, but not a PS3 or X-BOX360.

Wii's pro's:

Fun

Nintendo 64 games

Burn games onto (It's possible)

No need for a sensor bar, just get 2 candles ;)

Cheap (Then the X-BOX atleast.)

Wii's con's

Expensive games

Need a gamecube/classic controller to play n64 games

Need things to PLAY games.

Crappy movie based games. (It's normal .-.)

Ahh, so there's no need to get a mod chip for the PS3?

nice, I had to install a mod-chip into my PS2 which was kinda tedious.

Guest Rave
Wii's con's

Expensive games

uh not for me lol go rent them and play them on usb loader :P

Ahh, so there's no need to get a mod chip for the PS3?

nice, I had to install a mod-chip into my PS2 which was kinda tedious.

yeah it has a firmware ---(updatable)

and the ps2 was glitchy

So far the PS3 smiles to me more.

yeah it has a firmware ---(updatable)

and the ps2 was glitchy

Will it play bluray/dvd discs that are from different regions, cause my PS2 does, since I installed the mod-chip.

Sign in to follow this