Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Choosing a console

For blu-ray it won't matter since most of important countries have been grouped together. US and JPN share the same region number.

That's cool, that means I'd beable to play imported anime on my bluray player, that's if I had one.

Guest Rave
Will it play bluray/dvd discs that are from different regions, cause my PS2 does, since I installed the mod-chip.

yeah region codes dont matter

and infamous is bound to get ported at some stage

I know Sucker Punch Productions doesn't have any plans of porting it to the PC, since it's planned to be a PS3 exclusive, but I wish that happens.

Reminder: San Andreas used to be a PS2 exclusive, and GTA IV was meant to be a PS3 exclusive at early stages.

Reminder: San Andreas used to be a PS2 exclusive, and GTA IV was meant to be a PS3 exclusive at early stages.

Not with Microsoft writing blank checks :P that would last.

the ps3s that are available in most countrya cannot play ps1 or ps2 games. only some of the ameican ones can.

360 is backwards compatible with most xox games but not all. and you must be connected to the internet when you first play them (it has to download a tiny little update for each origional xbox game you play, but ojnly once)

it all comes down to what sort of games you want to play not what the console is capale of. its like uying a really expensive really awesome car that has no wheels that fit it instead of a VASTLY cheaper, slightly less powerful car (but still a really good one) that has wheels

why are all of my computer or gaming related analogies based around cars.... (for those who missed it i once said that the difference between pc and mac is that mac is a 50% more efficient car but only drives on 10% of roads)

Uh, yeah, the history is that only Wii is backwards compatible here.

*Wii smiles a big grin, the force shifts to its side*

And lately Mac drives on 40% of the roads :P

Edited by  iPro

but mac is becoming like google (google want to make a car that drives itself but would you get into a car without a driver?)

on a more serious if yu want more realism go with the wii, if you want gran turismo go with ps3 but if you want lost and danmed go with xbox

The driver is me, and if it was a car, then I'd be one of those guys who can make a Lada run better than SL-600 :P But now that I have an R8, I'd settle for 40% of the roads, on the condition that these roads are free. BOOYA! THEY ARE!

Edited by  iPro

i think your missing the symbolism beind the word "roads" its talking about compatibility with different tyoes of software and hardware.

wii AND 360 are both backwards compatile. ps3 isnt unless your in the states

That's why you keep your PS2 when you buy a PS3. That way you don't have to worry about backwards compatibility. Or just get the emulators EPSXE and PCSX2 (which in EPSXE's case actually works better than an actual PSX, if you have it set up correctly).

the ps3s that are available in most countrya cannot play ps1 or ps2 games. only some of the ameican ones can.

There are countries who actually sell modified PS3s for a cheap price. Some of these mods involve PS1/PS2 emulators. It's pretty unavoidable nowadays to buy these kinds of units in these countries like here in the PH -- in fact, our PS1 and PS2 units are actually modified themselves, and I just found this out 3 years after we bought the PS2 when I researched in the net that modified PS2s can play counterfeit or burned-to-DVDs games, which are what 90% of the PS2 games sold in the PH are. Since the PS3 and X360s have hard drives, it wouldn't be long 'till someone finds a way to sell counterfeit PS3 games for a cheap price.

Also, it's never impossible for a shop in a non-American country to actually be able to sell PS3 units from the US, so there are unmodified PS3 units that have PS1/PS2 compatibility in these countries.

R* has already made PC ports of their previous games, and made big bucks with it for the fact that sandbox games are best as PC games, so why can't they do the same for SA and GTA4? That means there's nothing to convince Sucker Punch Productions to have inFAMOUS in the PC. It's best as a PS3 exclusive. Making a PC version would just attract criticism and other stuff developers call bulls**t.

None of the consoles are backward compatible here, in Russia. Usually because the customs price is damn high, so they have to drop the price in order to meet the standards.

And yeah, I found alternatives to everything I used as a Windows user. Plus some more functions. Yeah. Pretty much to me, this computer is more functional than any other I have seen. But I haven't seen everything, true ;)

Edited by  iPro

Nope :D

Well, for once. It then crashed, why?

Edited by  iPro

Just wondering, guess they haven't worked out all the bugs yet. It's still an application that is a WIP. But the PC version works great, for people I know that have it. My computer can't run it since my video card doesn't have Pixel Shader 2.0 or higher.

Edited by Joe Statler

I wish they made a GUI version, or something.

Sign in to follow this