Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
marty007

Screen shake at temperal displacement

I wouldn't mind the DMC-13 being removed, as long as the original DMC-13 model remains, and perhaps we could have a model of the DMC-13 Time Machine displayed (but not driveable or usable) somewhere in Doc's laboratory/garage, as though it's a new prototype Doc's working on. But first we'll need to make a poll first before we do so, otherwise we might expect people annoying us to death to have the two features back later on.

As for The Ride mission, let's just have Biff's DMC-13 Time Machine work like the DMC-12 without the need of refueling.

I wouldn't mind the DMC-13 being removed, as long as the original DMC-13 model remains, and perhaps we could have a model of the DMC-13 Time Machine displayed (but not driveable or usable) somewhere in Doc's laboratory/garage, as though it's a new prototype Doc's working on. But first we'll need to make a poll first before we do so, otherwise we might expect people annoying us to death to have the two features back later on.

sounds like a good idea to me!!!

I wouldn´t mind the DMC-13 being removed

any chance of a poll!!!!!? :P

hope so

Someone doesn't know how to quote. :lol:

Really I don't give a flying f*ck if it stays in. I can't finish the ride mission anyways because biff is always going 60 freaking miles per hour (that's with troubleshooting <reinstalls>). Really the ride doesn't even fit in with the movies. I'd rather leave the ride out and leave coding room for more diverse missions based on the movie.

OR he erased the part by accident. By the looks of it, if he did copied and quoted the post himself instead pressing the quote button, he knows better in quoting than any of us here -- he can even identify my post's post # lol :P

I wouldn't also mind The Ride mission being removed as well, as long as we keep both models. Like I said, we'll be just putting K1092000's effort on making the two DMC-13s to waste if we just remove them completely. We should still keep the models somehow. The original will remain as is, while the time machine should be something like it's on display in some sealed inaccessible place in Doc's garage in the 2010+ era hinting it's a new prototype Doc's working on.

Just to clarify, we have two different space limits in the scm, features, and missions. (so removing the ride mission wouldn't make a blind bit of difference)

It's the coding space for features which has nearly been used up.

We are trying to make a list of what can be removed IF we do run out of coding space.

Definates:

DMC-13 time machine

Past and future deloreans feature

Maybe's

Multiple time machines

Animations

That's just for starters, I'm sure we can think of more features that can be pulled, IF we need to.

Also, it's not likely that we will put this to public vote, at the end of the day, we need to do what's best for the mod, even if that means sacrificing some features which people like.

if the dmc 13 as a time machine does get removed could there be an addon for people who still want to have the dmc 13?

If it is removed, it will be because we have physically run out of "features" coding space, meaning you couldn't add it back into the mod, even if you wanted to. At least not without removing other features first.

Actually, you're only partly right.

Yes, *normally* missions and normal features are in separate sections, but since The Ride needs some alterations of the time travel code, especially to keep Biff in the DeLorean at a time travel and to take him with you when you hit him at a speed > 88 mph.

These codes and the codes responsible for other big features as the DMC-13 or the lighning run are that deep in the code weaved, that I haven't completely found out where the codes for that start or what all belongs to them.

Originally I didn't mean it serious when suggested to remove the DMC-13 and I would never agree to do that, I simply love it too much :P.

I was only saying that we try to be as accurate as possible, while also only being as accurate as needed.

So as I already stated before, we'll try to find the best mix of accuracy and imagination, deciding mostly internally what we want to do how and when.

With my unintended start of this discussion I only wanted to say, that that screen shake wont be implemented, 'cause it on the one hand is logically not comprehensible (the cutscene camera is a not existing "imagined" camera, that can't be affected by any natural factors and shouldn't show how it looks for outstanding people, it is intended to visualize the player the function of the time travel -> one reason why I can imagine why Del. has put the camera higher above the ground than a persons view would be) and also not accurate to the movie.

Prepare yourself for the worst then buddy, because if we run out of space, it just has to be one of the first things to be removed from the mod, since it is completely unrelated to the trilogy.

That's not to say you can't make a special version of the scm for you though.

We'll still need the multiple time machines feature intact up to the final version for the fact that there is the Time Train. Removing it would bring back the old 0.2c bug. Speaking of multiple time machines, why not just restrict the number of DeLoreans you can make to just one, then limit the past and future DeLoreans feature to just the one and only DeLorean? Since the DeLorean is the only remote-controllable time machine, losing the two time machines by sending them away wouldn't be a problem (just make sure you make a code that forces the Train's time circuits to switch off automatically when you go out of it).

I say removed the ride mission. It has no relationship toward the movies, plus, it's not even accurate. But I would keep the DMC-13 so it would be kind of futuristic, and removed the DMC-13 time machine. Mostly because it was never featured in the movie OR the Ride.

EDIT: I say keep the Past & Future DeLorean feature, mainly because if your making a movie.

E.G. Not Removed: You can use a BTTF 2 DeLorean to fly ontop of the clock tower. Acting like Doc.

E.G. Removed: You can't have a BTTF 2 DeLorean to fly ontop of the clock tower. hence your in 1955 and there are no DeLoreans, you only have the BTTF 1 w/ the hook or BTTF2.

Edited by Flux Capacitor

could the coding for the pay and sprays be removed (apart from the one near docs) to save some coding space?

Not a lot, only 1-3 lines per garage.

in the scm?

It is limited to bytes and SB tells you when compiling how big the script is. These are the current values of the MAIN part: 133666b/225512b.

Sign in to follow this